Spiritwalkers Grace (pvp)

Was reading the beta forums again and there's a thread about spiritwalkers grace not being too useful for pvp.

I don't think that's true, especially in arena settings for resto and ele and even enhance can use it as a anti kiting ability with hex.

It could be better and would improve shaman and especially enhancement game play if it made us immune to Roots, stuns, charms, knock backs, and knock downs.

Everything besides snares/slows, fear, and poly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azreial View Post
    Dwarves - Give em a keg of beer, and they would Dual wield bar stools to a Deathwing fight and consider soloing him. A damn bloody mess, but even still the greatest solo fight you will ever witness

Deleted
    It is powerful indeed, but in high bracket arenas you won't get that much use out if it. For example, against melees you're snared 100% of the time, gl making use of SWG. We'll see how it'll turn out, it still has it's situations where it'll be very good tho.

I'd also like to see enhancements to be able to melee while SWG!

Quote Originally Posted by Kotletti View Post
    It is powerful indeed, but in high bracket arenas you won't get that much use out if it. For example, against melees you're snared 100% of the time, gl making use of SWG. We'll see how it'll turn out, it still has it's situations where it'll be very good tho.

I'd also like to see enhancements to be able to melee while SWG!
    It'll also be dispelled or spell stolen. Or CCed through. Or you'll just be rooted/novad.

Yea I'm looking forward to using this spell in cata. I think arena it will have it's situational uses, but I have a feeling it will really shine in BGs more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Posokhov View Post
    It'll also be dispelled or spell stolen. Or CCed through. Or you'll just be rooted/novad.
    The idea is to not make it over powered. Plus we have shamanistic rage glyph which is really handy.

So making it immune to everything besides slows, fear, silence, and poly would be perfect. We have situational talents and abilities to counter most of these things already.

Frost shock, Grounding totem, Windshear, Earthbind totem with earthen power (though I've tried to use it to remove snares and it doesn't seem to work. *shrugs*) trinkets, Spiritwalk from wolves and shamanistic rage.

They don't want to give enhancement an instant gap closer or a similar ability. Why not allow us to be a juggernaut for a few seconds?

Quote Originally Posted by Randomisee View Post
    Yea I'm looking forward to using this spell in cata. I think arena it will have it's situational uses, but I have a feeling it will really shine in BGs more than anything.
    SWG in it's current form wouldn't be all that good in BGs unless they add more solid objects for line of sight.
    In arena it's way more useful.
    The idea is to cast swg and heal, hex, or lavaburst, while on the move behind a solid object to stop you from being interrupted.
    Last edited by Yozsh; 2010-10-27 at 12:43 PM.
    Dwarves - Give em a keg of beer, and they would Dual wield bar stools to a Deathwing fight and consider soloing him. A damn bloody mess, but even still the greatest solo fight you will ever witness

its gonna be hard to pull off a SWG in arena esp against a good team... it will, and i guarantee, almost always be spell stolen, dispelled, or CC'd through like someone said earlier. Just think of when a druid pops innervate... when his mana gets a lil low and u see him run away u know hes gonna pop it so u chase him and purge right away. a pallies HOF, insta purge! same with their wings, insta purge! the list goes on my friends, the point im trying to make is like i said, its gonna be reeeeal tough to pull it off without gettin it taken away in the first second or two. IMO they should make it so it cant be removed, or ur resistance to dispel mechanics gets increased like priests. Im only suggesting that because if u think about it shamans really dont have more than one oh shit button, if you can even call it that, per spec, so having this would sort of be an oh shit button and would not even make us remotely OP because of that very reason.

I don't object with making it non removable.

If they don't it'll still do fine in arena the fact that it'll be dispelled or stolen is just a natural part of pvp.

That's like saying don't use bloodlust because it'll get spell stolen lol.

What do druids do when they pop innervate?

If they have a chance they'll buff up to lower the chance of it being dispelled or stolen and go Los.

Same for shaman pop some junk buffs. Water walking or, Water breathing along with lighting shield

SWG will work wonders as a emergency heal and CC utility spell.
    Last edited by Yozsh; 2010-10-27 at 05:18 PM.

Hm... does it actually do anything for the mage who steals it or does it only affect shaman spells?

Quote Originally Posted by Yozsh View Post
    SWG in it's current form wouldn't be all that good in BGs unless they add more solid objects for line of sight.
    In arena it's way more useful.
    The idea is to cast swg and heal, hex, or lavaburst, while on the move behind a solid object to stop you from being interrupted.
    I think your missing some of the uses that it could have in bgs. It may be best for using to line of sight. But you can also use it to chase people down like flag carriers or just people who are trying to run from you. Now it wont work every time you want it but I think people are being a little closed minded about this ability and it will have a decent amount of uses in pvp and pve.