rogues any good at raiding in cataclysm

Hi , m new to wow and was wondering if I should roll a rogue when cataclysm comes out but I'd like to have some information as in , will they be doing good DPS in raids?

let me just boot up my time machine and ill go look into the future for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    The toon is only as good as the person behind the keyboard......... pick a class you like and learn it well and it will be good at dps.
    Victoria Aut Mors

I'm asking the people in the beta , they probably have a good idea

---------- Post added 2010-10-26 at 08:22 PM ----------

ok thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Djanco View Post
    Good to know they'res helpful people on MMO-C.

All classes do *decent* dps, some of course are higher than others, but what matters is to pick a class that you find fun. It's all your decision; no one can force you to play the "best (as in apparently highest dps) class", its all your decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

ok well guess i'll try several classes , thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by Djanco View Post
    people test it in beta.............

If you are new to wow I would worry more about learning the game then who might do the best dps in the expansion.

Though I do find it hard to believe that you are new as how would someone new to the game know about this site and then come here to ask how good one particular class is for dps in level 85 raids.

well i asked my friend this question and he told me to come to this website

Quote Originally Posted by Andrac View Post
    If you are new to wow I would worry more about learning the game then who might do the best dps in the expansion.

Though I do find it hard to believe that you are new as how would someone new to the game know about this site and then come here to ask how good one particular class is for dps in level 85 raids.
    The first half of this, yes definitely. By the time you're ready to get into raiding classes may have changed.

As to your second point, some people have friends that already play, or they're migrating from another game and already have some MMO knowledge.

On topic, as the quoted post says, concern yourself more with learning the game. At 85 DPS will be similar, and it will fluctuate, of course. Some classes get better than others when they have better gear.

Just remember, if you choose a rogue, DPS is all that character can do. Myself, I enjoy some variety, hence the druid main. It's a good class to start out on as it is simple at lower levels, and gets slowly harder as time goes on. Plus being able to heal while questing is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by rolecks View Post
    I think I should be able to fly anywhere I want. I mean ffs I'm riding around on the skeleton of a giant fire-breathing dragon and I'm wielding a legendary weapon that destroyed the Lich King, but if I want to take a trip to Thunder Bluff I gotta wait for the public bus while some level 5 /pokes the shit outta me.

I have no clue, but based on the last 5 years of WoW, I'd say yes.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.