Kill Command; Imp SrS vs. CS

Pre-patch, I had macro'd Kill Command into my shots(as MM, since running out of mana was rarely an issue). However, since we have to manage Focus now, should Kill Command be dropped completely for a MM hunter? I am still learning this new resource system and while I have done some searching, I haven't seen this directly addressed. Or should I assume that if it's not specifically mentioned in an article that it's not being used at all? Apologies if this is considered "begging for hand-holding."

Also unrelated, but curious...does anyone know how re-applying Serpent Sting(with 2 points in Improved) compares to refreshing with Chimera?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have stopped using Kill Command unless I'm BM.

Kill command is now a attack BM uses SV+MM have no use for it..

Improved SS is worthless for a MM also.. Chimera shot does more than enough damage on its own
    Quote Originally Posted by Junlee View Post
    You can't even post in the proper forum. If Blizzard employees functioned as you do, your character would queue up for a BG and end up in Molten Core.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kill Command is really only a BM skill now. MM has that talent where its rarely free but no builds can really fit that in as of yet.

Chimera is still the best for damage, but only barely, and it's really carried by Piercing Shots. Chimera's refresh does not proc imp Srs.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

When I'm survival, I like to weave kill command between my Explosives during LnL. That's the only time I'd use it outside of BM, though.

Kill command is a different ability now, it's not off the global cooldown and it does a lot more damage. it's basically "the" ability for BM now seeing as how they're main button was steady shot pre patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chelate View Post
    Chimera is still the best for damage, but only barely, and it's really carried by Piercing Shots. Chimera's refresh does not proc imp Srs.
    I almost wish it did proc ISrS, it would make it a very nice talent, as well as making chimera a bigger shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    I almost wish it did proc ISrS, it would make it a very nice talent, as well as making chimera a bigger shot.
    Oh, it would settle the "Is Chimera Shot worth it?" debate once and for all and give a small bump to DPS...we might be on par with some other classes then! :P
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

Kill Command is really only a BM skill now. MM has that talent where its rarely free but no builds can really fit that in as of yet.

i disagree but only in one scenario and really only for survival. if you get a LnL proc and have an otherwise high amount of focus then use KC between ExS shots (i still think this is clipping if you fire back to back). a KC crit on a fully debuffed boss or against a clothie/leather wearer in PvP is going to do more damage than an arcane shot even for marks/sv and you don't waste the proc.

i may be wrong about the clipping but it didnt seem to get getting all the ticks firing them back to back.

Quote Originally Posted by vladdraculea View Post
    i disagree but only in one scenario and really only for survival. if you get a LnL proc and have an otherwise high amount of focus then use KC between ExS shots (i still think this is clipping if you fire back to back). a KC crit on a fully debuffed boss or against a clothie/leather wearer in PvP is going to do more damage than an arcane shot even for marks/sv and you don't waste the proc.

i may be wrong about the clipping but it didnt seem to get getting all the ticks firing them back to back.
    Assuming you're not going to be focused capped, which you shouldn't beyou should be casting a steady/cobra shot to avoid clipping..

LNL should go explosive>steadyshot>explosive>arcane>explosive. Replacing steady/arcane if serpent sting comes off or black arrow cd ends or if you have killshot available

Gotta remember the way a hunter works now is to use the focus you have in the most efficient manner you can and regenerate lost focus as quickly as possible for max DPS. Using a 40 focus kill command is a DPS loss no matter how you look at it
    Last edited by Oweena; 2010-10-27 at 07:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Junlee View Post
    You can't even post in the proper forum. If Blizzard employees functioned as you do, your character would queue up for a BG and end up in Molten Core.

depends when the proc comes, depends on your haste buffs. if youre lusted and get a proc with a lot of focus its possible you would cap focus before you can use it. im just saying dont take if off your bars there are situations where it may be useful.

10+ Year Old Account
    we might be on par with some other classes then! :P
    Don't be ridiculous.