Poll: Deathwing's destruction!

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dalaran, hiding whoopie cushions under Rhonin's chair.

Stood in the Fire

As according to the front page, Deathwing will be randomly obliterating regions of Azeroth periodically until he is defeated. While this sounds like Devilsaur/Fel Reaver/Whale Shark 2.0, it also gives you the achievement "Stood in the Fire" upon being killed by him. How do you like this idea of "Be killed by not recognizing your surroundings, but oh hey, you get an achievement."
    Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and for thy possession, the ends of the earth. Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron. Thou shalt dash them in pieces, like a potter's vessel. Be wise now therefore ye kings. Be admonished ye judges of the earth. Serve the lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the son lest he be angry, and ye perish in the way, though his wrath be kindled but a little.

when i see it i will strip naked and jump right in it with pride

Has to be done.

I will go out of my way to get this on all of my characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun achievement is fun? It's not like he's blazing through zones at 100 MPH. Most people who die to the flames will probably do so because they chose to.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    its a feat of strength, It means nothing but "I played during this time" and is unimportant and in relevant to anything.

That said, i love how blizz is using one of the biggest, if not THE biggest, joke from the player base.

What do you mean "not recognizing your surroundings?" I'm going to be killed by it on purpose!

FoS, really doesnt matter
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

Well, considering the entire zone is almost instantly one-shot, it's not like being aware that Deathwing is coming will help you to avoid it, unless you can teleport out of the entire zone before he shows up after the sky goes dark.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I could be a G.M on the day this goes live. I want to watch a bunch of kids on a high pop server all chasing deathwing so they can die and get an achievement hahahah

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Well, considering the entire zone is almost instantly one-shot, it's not like being aware that Deathwing is coming will help you to avoid it, unless you can teleport out of the entire zone before he shows up after the sky goes dark.
    Is it really that bad? I feel so bad for par-level 60 people when Deathwing decides to visit.
    Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and for thy possession, the ends of the earth. Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron. Thou shalt dash them in pieces, like a potter's vessel. Be wise now therefore ye kings. Be admonished ye judges of the earth. Serve the lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the son lest he be angry, and ye perish in the way, though his wrath be kindled but a little.

kinda reminds me of those felreavers waling around in hellfire peninsula, who when they bug out, are just like rogue jumping out of nowhere on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrow Stilborne View Post
    until he is defeated.

There is no 'defeating.'

He yells, you attempt to flee, you die.

COWER BEFORE THE ASPECT OF DEATH!

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

Deleted
    This is funny ideed. Lets hope the lowbies wont suffer because of this!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gilfer View Post
    kinda reminds me of those felreavers waling around in hellfire peninsula, who when they bug out, are just like rogue jumping out of nowhere on you.
    Every time I saw a Fel Reaver coming at me stop moving for a couple seconds, I ran for my life. They always ended up doing that weird hopping motion moving 3 times as fast...

The video didn't make it look like it was zone wide. If it is, I doubt it is a very common thing, otherwise anyone without a flying mount would cry most epic tears.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Atleast it dosen't have room to be abused. Unlike the Zombie Event.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrow Stilborne View Post
    Is it really that bad? I feel so bad for par-level 60 people when Deathwing decides to visit.
    I'd imagine he should be gone already as soon as you've finished corpserunning back, and he probably won't visit the same zone frequently. Even if the death was unavoidable, it'll probably be more like "Lol, I was killed by Deathwing" rather than "Damn! I got killed by Deathwing AGAIN".

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    I wish I could be a G.M on the day this goes live. I want to watch a bunch of kids on a high pop server all chasing deathwing so they can die and get an achievement hahahah
    As if a bunch of adults wouldn't do the same.
    Last edited by Therastos; 2010-10-27 at 04:44 AM.

This is quite possibly the coolest idea Blizzard has ever had. A major villain shouldn't sit in his castle/cave/domain and wait for you to come to him, the villain should go wreak havoc on the world.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

if this would just give a titel, i would drob my insane titel for it

"Yetun stood in the fire"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therastos View Post
    I'd imagine he should be gone already as soon as you've finished corpserunning back, and he probably won't visit the same zone frequently. Even if the death was unavoidable, it'll probably be more like "Lol, I was killed by Deathwing" rather than "Damn! I got killed by Deathwing AGAIN".
    I can see stories already popping up when he destroys some random area...

[General][Nekrow] HAI GUIS!!!! I SURVIVED DEATHWINGS FLAEMS LAWL!!
    [General][RandomPally] Aren't you the Mage who had Cauterize go off when I just bubbled and laughed at you when you died?
    [General][Nekrow]...no

If he's going to do it over major cities, I hope blizz times it for him to visit Dalaran during Peak Hours and just wreck the whole city, and stick a 1-2 minute wait period before rezz or have the fire last that long so anyone who logs in gets lolpwnd