Need some help with Hunter Got Focus add-on

A few days ago there was a thread questioning specific mechanics of focus so the OP could complete a focus bar add-on. A preview video of the add-on and the curse download link were also posted in said thread. The thread was named Focus Regen Testing if anyone's interested.

Unfortunatly I'm not very good with lua and all I really grasp is how to change the color of the bars. What I can't get to work are the arcane indicator and the main "shot" cooldown bars. I was hoping someone here was using this add-on and could give me some pointers on how to modify the .lua file so it looks how I'd like it to ingame.

thanks Vaari

Hello Vaari, I see that this post is from a couple of days ago and I don't follow the MMO Champion forums all the time... (I accidently found it googling for my own mod )

I would first of all like to advise to update the add-on. In the last week I have found many bugs that happened in certain circumstances that could make the add-on bugg and so on, most of them if not all are fixed so that this mod from the latest build on is very stable and configurable.

The add-on can be found here: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...got-focus.aspx

In case you haven't figured it out yet, the colors follow the traffic light principle:
    - Green means you are okay: firing an Arcane Shot won't put you in danger
    - Orange means watch out: firing an Arcane Shot will take your focus so low it won't allow you to use your Signature Ability anymore
    - Red means you are low: you basicly don't have enough focus to fire you Signature Ability at that time (note: It might still be possible to fire an Arcane Shot)

What you do with the specific colors depends on the cooldown you got left on your Signature Ability. For example if you have more than 6 seconds left before you can use your Signature Ability it's okay to be in the orange and even the red sector. The closer you are to your Signature Ability comming off cooldown the more important your shot selection becomes as you always want to have enough focus left to fire your Signature Ability right when it comes available

In short (and very basic) a good hunter is defined in a pve fight as followed:
    - Somebody who can fire off his Signature Ability every time it comes off cooldown
    - Somebody who can fire off more Arcane Shots relative to he amount of Steady Shots he puts out (this is per specc a different ratio!)
    - Somebody who can make clever use of his cooldowns to increase the above 2 statements

What my add-on does is help you with the first 2 statements. I very much say that my add-on will *help*, it won't make decisions for you, it's totaly up to you to make these decisions as they can be related by external factors like boss abilities, your own cooldown use and heroism/bloodlust for example.

I recommend just using a HUD like Icehud and try to pool your focus around 60. that way when you need to emergency dig, you got the juice. everything ive seen says the single biggest mistake you can make is to drain out your focus and then sit around waiting for it.

Let me first start off by saying, Naveel, that I really like that add-on. I just DLed it, headed over to the target dummy, and banged out for a few minutes. What I found was that it was very convenient for giving so much info. Serpent Sting timer will be great for BM leveling. The ISS timer was great for me, because I was just about to head into power auras and make one to tell me when/if ISS fell off, and now I don't have to. 10/10 on that add-on.

My one question would have to be.. what's the thin bar for? The one attached to the focus bar.
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

You mean the one right below the Focus Bar? That one is the cooldown on your Signature Ability.

If you are talking about the two very thin ones at the bottom, it depends on the spec you play

BM: Information Bar 1 shows the cooldown on Bestial Wrath, Information Bar 2 counts towards Focus Fire (through the Frenzy Effect of your pet)
    MM: Information Bar 1 shows the Improves Steady Shot uptime, Information Bar 2 counts towards the free Aimed Shot
    Surv: Information Bar 1 shows the coolodwn on Black Arrow, Information Bar 2 shows the Explosive Shot debuff (to prevent clipping)

If you feel you don't need any of those 2 focus bars you can hide them in the config menu (/hgf)