Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Confirmed Hunter Bugs

I Have been looking around for a confirmed list of Hunter bugs, being there are so many going around >.<.

Since I have had no luck finding one I would like to start a thread asking the Hunter community to have their say on the topic. This is not a QQ thread, simply a place hunters can check for bugs so they know what is working and what is not working.

Here is a list of Hunter specific bugs I am aware of;

- LnL is not 100% proc.
    - Mirrored Blades is not correctly reflecting damage of all spells, though some are working
    - Glyph of Kill Shot is not working correctly in PVP ( this may be intentional, if so the tooltip needs to be fixed)
    - Improved Steady shot effect does not apply correctly if an arcane shot is used instantly after the second steady shot
    - Feign Death is not dropping target (pvp)

- Hunter traps/macros

There have been a lot of threads discussing macros for trap launcher and in making my own macro I discovered bliz screwed this up 2. If you put traps into a macro which includes modifiers ice/freezing trap will result in the error "You can't do that yet" unless you activate Trap Launcher. Snake trap on the other hand works fine UNTIL you activate trap launcher at which point you get the error "Invalid target"

Aimed shot has a similar effect, if you place Aimed shot into a modifier macro it will not work unless Master Marksman is active.

Please post any bugs you have noticed, I will update the list on any that are confirmed. Again please keep the QQ to a minimum.

Rhodekil - Blackrock
    Last edited by Rhodekil; 2010-10-28 at 05:33 AM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Improved Steady Shot doesn't always proc if an Arcane Shot is fired after the 2nd Steady Shot, it seems that AS run faster than SS o_O

Confirmed: Sometimes when my Night Elf Hunter is dancing naked on mailboxes and afk's, she doesn't sit down.

OT: There are a few niggling ones like you've mentioned, trap launchers sometimes not working - etc. Hoping most of these will be cleared up in 4.0.3.

EDIT: LOL - got a warning while adding in the OT stuff. Hunter forum mods are QUICK! Nerf [Rapid Fire]!
    Last edited by Janaa; 2010-10-27 at 11:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

@ Destard

Tested and confirmed, your logic seems to be right the AS hits the target before the SS.

didn't mention fighting under water is a total cluster fluck. pets attack your target then immediately gos back to your side keeping mobs at arms reach most of the fight. very irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltsmash View Post
    didn't mention fighting under water is a total cluster fluck. pets attack your target then immediately gos back to your side keeping mobs at arms reach most of the fight. very irritating.
    Pathing seems to be screwy atm for alot of classes. For example in dalaran sewers your pet will run all over the place like a spastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltsmash View Post
    Hey, question - is this when leaving it to autoattack after killing the first mob? I generally keep switching my pet between mobs with a macro'd /petattack, and don't encounter this as much as I've been reading about. I'm at work atm, so can't test if I send it to attack only once if it results in this.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, if you spam a macro that has /petattack, the pet will stop in its tracks for about half a second every time. So for instance if you just hammer the macro the pet will stand still and do nothing.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

Quote Originally Posted by chelate View Post
    Oh, if you spam a macro that has /petattack, the pet will stop in its tracks for about half a second every time. So for instance if you just hammer the macro the pet will stand still and do nothing.
    I just tried this with only /petattack, no issue so I tried it with SS in front and still nothing. Can you link the macro it may be specific to certain abilities.

-When I teach my pet the 'Dash' skill, it disapears the next time I mount/dismiss the pet and my pet gain a skill point, leaving it with 21 skill points and no way to learn Dash.

-Glyph of Kill Shot is not working correctly in PVE aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodekil View Post
    I just tried this with only /petattack, no issue so I tried it with SS in front and still nothing. Can you link the macro it may be specific to certain abilities.
    It's literally just:

/petattack

I'm not the only person here who has had it happen, either. I will admit that it's sporadic. I thought it was my worm's spray attack, but I turned it off and it still happens sometimes.

anachronistic hypocrites

i'll add kill command in pvp is sketchy at best. could use its range increased a tad to alleviate some of the latency issues.

Quote Originally Posted by vladdraculea View Post
    i'll add kill command in pvp is sketchy at best. could use its range increased a tad to alleviate some of the latency issues.
    Yes this does suck Boar's speed helps some what, but not a bug really.

---------- Post added 2010-10-28 at 05:34 AM ----------

added FD bug
    Last edited by Rhodekil; 2010-10-28 at 05:34 AM.

Couple to add:
    Aimed shot (casted, not proc'd) triggers a 2nd global cooldown.
    Pet health doesn't always fill after leaving/entering an instance or bg (like it no longer has your armor stam)

I've seen no issue with glyph of kill shot that couldn't be chocked up to latency. My latency fluctuates and I always seem to see it "off" when my latency is over 400ms.

Deleted
    Kill Shot glyph works fine for me. It procs after travel time though.

Ranged weapons durability decreases way too fast. Think its caused by wild quiver.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffi View Post
    Ranged weapons durability decreases way too fast. Think its caused by wild quiver.
    It could be. It could also be you have Zod's which has been reported to have that problem, and it could be our fancy new 1.0s GCD which means we're hammering out shots 33% faster than before. Possibly, all 3. I too notice my bow is by far the first thing to go yellow.

anachronistic hypocrites

Is the glitch where you can have a bunch of pets up at once still up, or did they fix that?

Deleted
    I think it was fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaffi View Post
    I noticed the same issue as Surv doing icc 10 last night. So it shouldnt be wild quiver. I do not have a Zods either.