Thread: Lava Surge

Deleted

Lava Surge

Hey, I have been following the latest changes in cataclysm elemental shaman rotation and i've noticed that Lava surge, however a powerful tool to have, ends up not being as good as it can be. I mean the consecutive procs (2 procs in 2 ticks of FS).
    Then I thought of a solution so it that doesnt goes to waste, making Lava Surge a buff instead of only reseting the cooldown of LvB and make it stack up to 2. That allows us space for using all the potencial of the specc.
    I would like some feedback to see if this has any future, or possible future^^.

First post just for this

Deleted
    whut?

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    /disagree

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fanks View Post
    Hey, I have been following the latest changes in cataclysm elemental shaman rotation and i've noticed that Lava surge, however a powerful tool to have, ends up not being as good as it can be. I mean the consecutive procs (3 procs in 3 ticks of FS).

Then I thought of a solution so it that doesnt goes to waste, making Lava Surge buff instead of only stacking to 2, make it stack up to 3. That allows us space for using all the potencial of the specc.

I would like some feedback to see if this has any future, or possible future^^.

etc etc.

Lava Surge is good. RNG is good (so long as your entire spec/dps isn't reliant on it). Right now we keep FS up, LvB on cooldown and LB as filler. Lava Surge makes us actually watch for something (on top of Fulmination) rather than having some monotonous bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by radux View Post
    lava surge is good. Rng is good (so long as your entire spec/dps isn't reliant on it). Right now we keep fs up, lvb on cooldown and lb as filler. Lava surge makes us actually watch for something (on top of fulmination) rather than having some monotonous bullshit.
    qft

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fanks View Post
    Hey, I have been following the latest changes in cataclysm elemental shaman rotation and i've noticed that Lava surge, however a powerful tool to have, ends up not being as good as it can be. I mean the consecutive procs (2 procs in 2 ticks of FS).
    I am utterly failing to see how back-to-back procs are in any way a negative. It can't proc while it's already available, so the only way I can get a back to back proc is if I cast it and it almost immediately is available again.

This is a DPS boost. It's a good thing. I don't see how you can argue that it's anything but.

Yes, it's random. This is also a good thing, because now our rotation is based on reacting to our procs, not just mindlessly rolling the same rotation over and over again.

The only bad part about Lava Surge is when it procs with 1.5 seconds left on the cooldown and because you're already mid-Lightning Bolt cast, it wouldn't have mattered if it proc'd or not.

Either way, RNG is always susceptible to being useless but it keeps you from pushing the same buttons in the same order every single time.

10+ Year Old Account
    This talent is nothing but a DPS boost if you're capable of keeping an eye on it, especially since your mastery ability now covers Lava Burst in addition to the lightnings.
    "Let's eat Grandpa!"
    "Let's eat, Grandpa!
    PUNCTUATION SAVES LIVES