Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Tv Buff & Divine Storm

So Tv had it's damage increased slightly 10%, not huge but, shouldn't they have equally also buffed Divine Storms damage as well? I'm asking because as itis right now I think DS is not going to get much use as is, & increasing TV without also increasing DS is a silent nerf to DS. I'm curious for the math guys out there does it change the amount of targets that you would need to make Divine Storm the preferred strike over TV now?

I agree. DS right now is almost entirely useless, as I see it. I need a group of at least 5-6 mobs to guarantee that it's better than a TV on one of the mobs. Haven't done Onyxia since 4.01 though...

10+ Year Old Account
    Atm i dont use Ds for anything pvp or pve its just not worth it. even with three Holy power it hits low

15+ Year Old Account
    I think DS sucks for a reason. Currently it isn't worth using unless there are at least about 5 mobs.

This is line with Blizzard's new 'single-target kill order, not AoE' philosophy.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajawarsoul View Post
    Atm i dont use Ds for anything pvp or pve its just not worth it. even with three Holy power it hits low
    I agree and I don´t get why they should bind DS to holy power. It became really annoying -_-"
    What i want isn´t a buff to DS damage but to remove the need of holy power.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I think DS sucks for a reason. Currently it isn't worth using unless there are at least about 5 mobs.

This is line with Blizzard's new 'single-target kill order, not AoE' philosophy.
    The irony is that they actually buffed AoE damage of some other classes while neutering ours. I don't even take DS in my PvP builds, and I'm very close to not taking it in my PvE build either.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post

tell that to other class who can spam aoe and we have to wait for 3 hp -_-
    thats like putting a combo point requirement on fan of knives or a cd on blizzard

I think the whole problem is, not necessarily that DS is "bad" but, for the its cost:damage ratio is low. Also, the damage on our "cleave" seal (lol) is incredibly low, making our aoe pretty terrible (Think: HW and Conc are long cds and the mana sink on conc is huge). More damage is needed to DS to even make it WORTH using.

Overall, I personally would like to see more or higher damage coefficients to DS and other aoe abilities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elamahpla View Post
    I think the whole problem is, not necessarily that DS is "bad" but, for the its cost:damage ratio is low. Also, the damage on our "cleave" seal (lol) is incredibly low, making our aoe pretty terrible (Think: HW and Conc are long cds and the mana sink on conc is huge). More damage is needed to DS to even make it WORTH using.

Overall, I personally would like to see more or higher damage coefficients to DS and other aoe abilities.
    HW has damages divided between all target, having one or 100 targets will do the same damage overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Elamahpla View Post

it's low because we don't even have 1 single talent or glyph to increase its damage, when we have a talent and a glyph for TV. that's mostly the reason why it's worthless. On the other hand, you see fury warriors having 2 talents to increase cleave dmg, with 3 sec cd, then you really wounder what passed in the devs minds.
    As it is now, TV vs DS isn't 235% vs 150%, it's 235*1.3*1.15= 351%TV vs 150% DS. If you count the increase crit you have on TV, you can just see that it's not even worth it. Now testing it, I think the range of DS is really small, as i don't have the impression I'm hitting all the adds when I'm doing it, I don't know if others also have this impression, maybe it's a bug in the range of DS that makes it feel even lower.
    Last edited by ragingsoul; 2010-10-28 at 01:55 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ret was broken. If you don’t see eye to eye with us on that, then it’s understandable why the degree of change might be surprising to you
    i7 920@ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte X58A-UD7, 6GB Ram Triple Channel OCZ @ 1900Mhz, CrossFire HD 5850 1Gb, Vertex 3 240Gb, BenQ M2700HD. G15 Keyboard

If DS was on the same CD as crusader strike but hit for less on single target and generated a point of holy power I would be happy. As it stands there is very few situations where it's worth burning 3hp to use. What really sucks is that sometimes mobs you think are in range of it actually aren't and it only hits 2-3 mobs instead of 5-6...

Quote Originally Posted by ragingsoul View Post
    it's low because we don't even have 1 single talent or glyph to increase its damage, when we have a talent and a glyph for TV. that's mostly the reason why it's worthless. On the other hand, you see fury warriors having 2 talents to increase cleave dmg, with 3 sec cd, then you really wounder what passed in the devs minds.
    As it is now, TV vs DS isn't 235% vs 150%, it's 235*1.3*1.15= 351%TV vs 150% DS. If you count the increase crit you have on TV, you can just see that it's not even worth it. Now testing it, I think the range of DS is really small, as i don't have the impression I'm hitting all the adds when I'm doing it, I don't know if others also have this impression, maybe it's a bug in the range of DS that makes it feel even lower.
    351-150 is a little higher than what I was thinkin but makes sense adding crit. So that being said on a very large scale average with 3 mobs you get 1053 from TV, & 450 from DS, TV is capped where DS isn't but it will take 10 mobs to catch up to TV's output potential on three. Making DS equal to TV at 10 mobs & greater than TV at 11. Of of course Im 100% positive my math is wrong, but that makes you not even need the DS talent point at all.
    Last edited by Onemind; 2010-10-28 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalarius View Post
    HW has damages divided between all target, having one or 100 targets will do the same damage overall.
    That is not correct; HW has a component of it that is shared amongst all mobs, but does indeed do more total damage the more targets it hits.

DS is great for what it is meant for: dealing with "swarms" (lots of low HP mobs). Whether or not it has any utility in raiding, I'm not sure. Frankly I'm glad that our single target rotation no is no longer half dominated by passive AOE; it had benefits on a few fights (Halion, LK), but was a pain in the ass on others, and I'd rather see our single target DPS to remain so awesome than get AOE buffs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by beingmused View Post
    That is not correct; HW has a component of it that is shared amongst all mobs, but does indeed do more total damage the more targets it hits.

DS is great for what it is meant for: dealing with "swarms" (lots of low HP mobs). Whether or not it has any utility in raiding, I'm not sure. Frankly I'm glad that our single target rotation no is no longer half dominated by passive AOE; it had benefits on a few fights (Halion, LK), but was a pain in the ass on others, and I'd rather see our single target DPS to remain so awesome than get AOE buffs.
    the problem with swarms of low hp mobs is that by the time you have 3hp the rest of the raid will have killed them all wich makes DS kind of useless unless there is a big swarm of mid to high hp mobs that needs killing

I would be really happy if they allow Divine Storm to transfer your main target's Censure stacks to all targets hit by Divine Storm. A Cheap rip-off of Pestilence but it'll be cool. Or just make Divine Storm causes Holy Damage as it was firstly introduced.

Maybe just like RoughJustice said, make it exclusive with CS just like HotR and it's HP Generator.
    Last edited by Luthius; 2010-10-28 at 04:16 PM.

Made by myself while I'm bored..

Ds should just be the CS for mobs imo. They stopped us from using ds on single targets, so make it the go-to thing for mobs. Take the hp cost away and let it have a chance to generate it.

15+ Year Old Account
    divine storm is a aoe ability and all aoe ability have had their damage pretty much dimished

I only hit ds on the big pulls in icc and when I want to heal runnng old instance but don't want to hit wog.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

I can only confirm that DS currently hits like a wet noodle, with both damage and range reduced and SoComm talent "cleave" damage is a complete joke compared to old SoComm seal.

I can estimate that Ret AoE was nerfed by 40-50% and looking on meters I can see Fury continuing faceroll to AoE glory. GJ Blizzard, GJ.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisko View Post
    I can only confirm that DS currently hits like a wet noodle, with both damage and range reduced and SoComm talent "cleave" damage is a complete joke compared to old SoComm seal.

I can estimate that Ret AoE was nerfed by 40-50% and looking on meters I can see Fury continuing faceroll to AoE glory. GJ Blizzard, GJ.
    I'm not sure I would say that TV actually got a buff but instead of a nerf as the numbers that are suggested right now based on testing is much higher then 225%.

Damage Multipliers and Coefficients
    Untalented Crusader Strike is close to 155.4% weapon damage. Crusade increases this to approx 202% weapon damage.
    Censure's spellpower coefficient appears to be 1.7% per stack (8.5% at 5 stacks). AP is still 3.3% (16.5% at 5 stacks).
    Seal of Truth proc is close to 21.3% weapon damage (as Holy damage, thus unmitigated by armour).
    Seals of Command is close to 15% weapon damage (mitigated by armour).
    Templar's Verdict is somewhere around 335%-350% weapon damage for 3 HP.
    Those are the test results Exemplar has gotten for TV so I'm not so sure we are getting a buff as much as a hefty nerf. After doing Nef on beta last night my numbers are down between 3-6K DPS on a single target fight over the previous week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?