10+ Year Old Account

Tank Rage and Talents

So for the past few weeks that 4.0.1 has been out i have been rage starved while tanking which has impaired my ability to hold threat on high dps.
    I believe that the common spec for warrior tanking on live atm is 2/3/31 . I was wondering is anyone has tried out 2/0/34 with 3 points into shield spec instead of blood craze.
    If i was wrong about the common talent spec that would answer my question straight away, but if i am not i would like to know if it would work for me to make these changes to my talents and hopefully increase my rage.
    For statistical purposes i am Grimmshield on Gilneas - US ( Cant post a link yet )
    Also, i know i am wearing a PVP shield, but i was told that they ( along with the 1her ) are okay for tanking now until you get lucky in ICC, if this is incorrect, a correction would be much appreciated.
    Thank you for your help, all feedback is appreciated.

I dont use blood craze because it is not needed (right now).

I do use Shield Spec because I like rage.

PVP Shield is fine if you dont have an ICC one.

Stop spamming HS.

Utilize your shouts and berserker rage correctly.

Stop spamming HS.

My Raid spec:

http://wowtal.com/#k=_5cs-IHa.a6d.warrior.-TGr-G

My Heroic spec:

http://wowtal.com/#k=_CMFZhVW.a6d.warrior.-h-gTo
    Last edited by JustintimeSS; 2010-10-28 at 04:44 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#LGZZIcGdMRobbu:0Voqakkc0

Thats the spec I use right now seems to be working. I also use the PVP shield. I am hearing blood craze isn;t that great, people are reporting 15-21k heal from it on a boss fight and I think that may even be in a ICC boss fight not just heroics. I still get rage staved sometimes tho mostly when i don't charge.
    Intel i7 2700K (@4.8Ghz) - 8GB Corsair - Windows 7 64Bit - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H
    Corsair Force 3 SSD 120GB - Gigabyte GTX680 OC - Benq 120hz LED Monitor

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks to ya both, gonna try taking points outta blood craze and into shield spec, tyvm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    I dont use blood craze because it is not needed (right now).

I do use Shield Spec because I like rage.

PVP Shield is fine if you dont have an ICC one.

Stop spamming HS.

Utilize your shouts and berserker rage correctly.

Stop spamming HS.

My Raid spec:

http://wowtal.com/#k=_5cs-IHa.a6d.warrior.-TGr-G

My Heroic spec:

http://wowtal.com/#k=_CMFZhVW.a6d.warrior.-h-gTo
    This.

(and I'd suggest you pick up Blitz and glyph Shockwave, they're both great for rushing HCs!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Specing on shield specialization is pretty much mandatory for tanking trash/multiple mobs, the rage you gain from it is vastly superior than battleshout/berserker rage.

The 2 points in field dressing are not necessary for heroics at all, 6% is way too small to be worth it, same argumentation that paladins had about divinity pre-patch. 6% of a 10k healing per second is only 600 extra health. And thats a raid scenario, you get 1/3 that healing on heroics, if that, so 200+ extra health per second on average?
    Blood Craze is actually useful for heroics (or anything that hits hard or multiple targets), it heals for 755 per second on my warrior with 50k health and the uptime increases based on the amount of direct hits you take every 5 seconds. Its 3.7k heal HoT every 5 seconds. The benefit isnt great on current raids because tanks are kept at 100% often, and bosses hit too slow, the uptime is terrible.
    So both talents are similar in the amount of healing you recieve, except that bloodcraze doesnt depend on recieving heals or using Victory Rush/Enraged Regeneration.

I see War Academy strictly as a threat talent, and the amount you benefit from it is close to Cruelty (5/10% more crits on shield slam vs 5/10/15% more damage on heroic strike). On heroics you wont be spamming heroic strike though, so the same goes about Incite vs Blood and Thunder (although i admit, i hate applying Rend).
    Last edited by shadowkras; 2010-10-28 at 09:51 AM.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    I see War Academy strictly as a threat talent, and the amount you benefit from it is close to Cruelty (5/10% more crits on shield slam vs 5/10/15% more damage on heroic strike). On heroics you wont be spamming heroic strike though, so the same goes about Incite vs Blood and Thunder (although i admit, i hate applying Rend).
    War Academy also increases the damage of Cleave. :-)

Blood & Thunder is a lot of fun! Helps me tons with the AoE threat. I charge a mob, HT mid charge, apply rend and cleave when I reach the first mob, intercept another mob which was too far away from cleave and shield slam it, or thunderclap if all mobs are within range already. Turn around and shockwave. Voila, you have now made direct hits on all mobs in a pack and placed three AoE abilities on them, turned them with their backs towards the dps and this all before the dps even came to them.

edit: Point is, B&T helps with AoE-threat where the mobs are spread out on the pull
    Last edited by mmoc0a04ed3db8; 2010-10-28 at 10:29 AM.