Angry Annoying Pet Bug

Ok, so is it just me or is anyone else experiencing this incredibly annoying pet bug? Defense stance tooltip says: the pet attacks the targets you are in combat with - which is just wrong. My pet only attacks targets I autoshot at. I have to manually force my pet to attack targets after my first target dies just because my pet is always running back to me doing freaking nothing. Is this intended? If yes, goodbye BM for me. Or is just a stupid bug? Because this didn't happen pre 4.0.1.

I use this macro:

#showtooltip Kill Command
    /petattack
    /cast kill Command

and just replace you normal kill command button with this macro.

And if you play a BM hunter you will use Kill Command all the time so you will be spamming this button.
    So your pet will allwas be attacking you target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasengu View Post
    I use this macro:

#showtooltip Kill Command
    /petattack
    /cast kill Command

and just replace you normal kill command button with this macro.

And if you play a BM hunter you will use Kill Command all the time so you will be spamming this button.
    So your pet will allwas be attacking you target.

This will only work, if the pet is already at the target. Otherwise, it will start running to the target and won't cast Kill Command, since it was out of range when you hit that button.

Quote Originally Posted by Limpy View Post
    This will only work, if the pet is already at the target. Otherwise, it will start running to the target and won't cast Kill Command, since it was out of range when you hit that button.
    Yeah i know that!

I made this macro with the purpose of getting my pet to the right target... i used the kill command button becasue you SHALL (if you are BM) spamm this attack!

And i think this macro would help the OP

Why not macro /petattack to all of your abilities?

There is no way to make your pet instantly change from one target to one 40 yards away and perform kill command...
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've got the following macro'd into my primary attacks (off the top of my head, but you get the gist):
    /petattack [@pettarget,noexists][nocombat]
    /cast !Autoshot
    /cast <shot name>

And I also have the following macro bound to mouse-button-4:
    /petattack [@mouseover,harm]
    /stopmacro [@mouseover,harm][combat]
    /cast Fishing

Point is I can send my pet to a target with a mouseover, and he is already going to be attacking the first target I engage just by virtue of my dps'ing... all while he's on Passive (not Defensive). And if I want him to switch targets, I just mouseover & tap mouse4 and he's on it (works great for LK orbs).