Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Well, having an ability being able to CC certain players 100% of the duration of their special ability, is a balance issue to me. Do not start whining about balance if you are suggesting still having such an OP advantage.

Said players are able to CC any player of any spec 100% of the time, with and without special abilities, and then these cowardly shits cry when one class in an exceptional situation can make them taste their own medicine? As if locks would even need demon form to kill people, they use it to boast at their victims - and that deserves a chance of being punished.
    Last edited by mmocf7a456daa4; 2010-11-01 at 11:57 AM.

You guys that are saying turn evil affecting metamorphasis/lichborne is overpowered are absolutely ridiculous. Absolutely ZERO harm comes from making a player be aware of their environment and think about their abilities.

It's especially hilarious when this complaint comes from a warlock, who can do the exact same thing AT ANY TIME to ANY OPPONENT. JEEZE. Sure, give turn evil a lower duration against players or something, just like every other cc, that's fair.

Sure, binary interactions stink. But the warlock can always just choose not to change into a demon if there's a smart pally around. The disarm + bladestorm analogy is incredibly apt. In fact, it's even more crippling in that case, because the disarm can't be dispelled by a healer, whereas a fear can.

This just boggles the mind.

Edit:
    Bubble/Ice Block vs. Shattering Throw is a fair comparison as well.
    Last edited by Rude Hero; 2010-11-01 at 11:40 AM.

its taking away something that makes 2 certain battles unique pally vs dk and pally vs lock being able to turn their CD against them is a unique thing that makes that fight different in a larger way then say lock vs warrior and lock vs dk are different

i remember when rogues where complaining about using evasion against warriors and how that let warriors revenge spam and kill em they said they where fine with that because it made that a unique be careful using this ability against this class cause they will use it against you thing

but i guess that dosnt fly with pallys and we arnt allowed anything that makes combat against us unique like that

My mood just dropped as I stumbled over this thread again. How I hate casters. Seriously, what hetero male would honestly fight in a robe? They say Palas are pink and stuff and thus gay. I mean, wake up.. Who could be more of a pussy than a whining clothy getting everything up their arse? I smash faces with a hammer and you caster keep running around in your tutu screaming annoyingly loud about anything that might break your fingernails off. Zero respect.

The tears, they sustain me! So we get some love in a pre expansion patch after what, 4+ years or world of meleecraft? Locks got a cc nerf as well a long the same lines in that we won't be able to banish tree form druids anymore. You want to effectively cc a demo lock? Two shot our buggy ass pets that have zero resi scaling and drop our damage done by about 35% increase our damage taken by 25% and remove most of our utility. Fear is the most nerfed ability in the game so it's fair you guys got a taste of it as well ;-) you got bubble wings back what's with the qq by the way? You still get the auto exo crits. I'm not going to deny it though, aff was fairly OP this recent season but it was extremely dependent on a few specific group comps and we had several hard counters that were very well represented in arena.

15+ Year Old Account
    So, I heard Blizz is going to adopt WOTLK strategy again, buff , nerf , buff , nerf to the ground , buff to the sky , release cata , wait for ppl to buy it , nerf to the ground the non-Blizz lil baby classes and overbuff the Blizz lil babies , read qq on the forums for the next 1,5 - 2 years repeat with the next expansion.

Now, on topic: This is really a hit under belt. I mean srsly this was our only escape vs their burst and when they were changing into a demon to burst us down. We were casting our fear (lol 8 sec CD for insta cast) healing kill the pet and nuke him down. Same goes for DK.

Here comes a question: why do ppl compare a Ret Paladin with a warlock?? I mean what the hell just look around at high rating (top 50 on a battlegroup) in 3v3 and 5v5 more than %90 of the teams have a warlock. How many Ret Paladins do you see? I have personally seen only ONE in more than 700 arena teams. Kind of the same story for Paldin compared with a DK.

Why? Here is the anser: Cause we are the easiest to counter / kill. Our best survivability is a bubble which reduces dmg done by %50. Our best dmg are wings which are dispelled. We do not have counters for CC abilities. We are easy to kite. We have shitty CC abilities with a shitty range. Every single of our abilities is dispelable / spellstealable (OLOL mages with wings) besides seals. And so on.

I wonder if Holy Wrath is going th be LOLBALANCEDLOL in order to prevent stunnign on DKs and Locks.
    Last edited by Karmian; 2010-11-01 at 02:53 PM.

Its a new balancing thing. Can't Banish Tree formed druids, can't fear Demo locks in PvP. Still should work on demon/undead pets.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

Quote Originally Posted by invadermak View Post
    I don't think it should work on Demonform Warlocks....the ability is called turn undead not turn demon. But I don't know as I don't have a paladin above lvl 50.
    FYI It's called Turn Evil
    Soon: Copyright 2004-2011 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, or future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

Quote Originally Posted by Fligahgigook View Post
    The tears, they sustain me! So we get some love in a pre expansion patch after what, 4+ years or world of meleecraft? Locks got a cc nerf as well a long the same lines in that we won't be able to banish tree form druids anymore. You want to effectively cc a demo lock? Two shot our buggy ass pets that have zero resi scaling and drop our damage done by about 35% increase our damage taken by 25% and remove most of our utility. Fear is the most nerfed ability in the game so it's fair you guys got a taste of it as well ;-) you got bubble wings back what's with the qq by the way? You still get the auto exo crits. I'm not going to deny it though, aff was fairly OP this recent season but it was extremely dependent on a few specific group comps and we had several hard counters that were very well represented in arena.
    World of Meleecraft? Are you retarded? This is just a question, but when were Warlocks or Mages for instance ever in a really bad shape? And bad shape does not mean to not being able to faceroll to Gladiator, it rather means "omg, I just don't do shit in arena" like the ret actually was in bc and in a sense in late wotlk. I was so damn proud of reaching 2k with my ret in bc together with a resto shami, whereas Mages and WL's, who just were not too skilled, got to 2,2k..

Fearing a Demolock was a kinda rare event. It gave Palas a special uniqueness and made them actually holy warriors. Not being able to fear a player who obviously turned into a demon is just wrong and ridiculous. When I duel a WL and I am feared and I see him recasting fear while I am still fleeing with 3 seconds left and as a consequence lose to that gimp, I keep telling myself that I am trying to move mountains right now with nothing but my bare hands and I should not be too disappointed as I die trying. Using demonform vs Palas should at least be something the Lock wants to think about, since demoform is a great advantage vs any other class... Unlike Wings, Bubble, HoF, bugged repentance breaking by my own dot, though this is not intended by blizzard and yet at present for like 1 year+. They promised to fix it.

So, your World of Meleecraft might just come from being a bad player. You have obviously never played a ret vs a lock or frostmage.

Fearing a demonform Lock is a balance issue? A balance issue is, when a lock can use his circle although it is far out of LoS. I could actually hate all day. And it would be justified.