Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Sell the deathknight class to me

I stole this from the rogue forums because it's an easy way of finding what the class means to people.

What i am interested in is what you love about the class and perhaps some of the faults, so i get an idea of what its strong/weak points are.

P.s I'm mainly interested in PVP but if you wanna talk about PVE go for it!

I love em cos deep down im just a messed up son ova liche

For me, it's less about the actual abilities they have and more about the fact that I'm a plate clad necromancer that crushes my enemies beneath a gigantic axe/mace/sword.

I wanted to play a DK as soon as they announced that Wrath was going to have them.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    DEATHknight... how is that not awesome?
    Melee that flings spells around and armored in plate?

Screw abilities and everything else. The feel of a dk is the selling point

The thing i like about deathknights is probably their melee abilities they remind me of warriors but aren't quite the same even with runicpower feeling a bit like rage in some aspects. I enjoy smashing things with a big 2hander or dualwielding as frost

Unholy isnt my cup of tea to be fair the whole pet shadow d00d thing doesnt appeal to me as much as blood did when it was a dps spec, however the bursty natur of frost is fun

things i dont like involves rolling on diseases atm when tanking atleast it feels like if i put them on ill have some dps facerolling 10k dps before i actually get a solid hit in for the threat and loose the mob, im sure this will change but thats put me off dk's for the time being

Deleted
    Tbh, I love DK PvE, but really hate the PvP. That's maybe just me though, as i'd rather play a ranged class for PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
    Tbh, I love DK PvE, but really hate the PvP. That's maybe just me though, as i'd rather play a ranged class for PvP.
    I Completely agree, i played my DK tohalf 277 half 264 gear through icc, was GREAT FUN as Unholy, but in pvp i just hate them = you can virtually envision yourself facerolling the keyboard and still killing...

I do play a melee for arena/pvp though (rogue), so its not that i dont like the melee aspect of it, it just feels like a no brainer in pvp with so many defensive cds IF AMS AMZ Sacrifice pet, Death Strike etc.
    Kolopotho: I will find it incredibly shocking and rare if some guy walks up to a girl in a pub and says "i play a level 80 druid in world of warcraft" to which she will respond with "TAKE ME NOW".

Pve wise as a bloody i love soloing everything (nerf enrage kkthx).
    Pvp wise unholy just sucks, frost is quite fun atm but it wont last.
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet.

I can't really speak for PvP, but there's no reason not to have a DK alt (if not main). Between starting at level 55 with nice gear, being one of the better solo classes and how easy leveling is in general now, you could have a DK at level cap just by leveling instead of idling in dalaran showing off that new mount. They start off with most flight paths in azeroth so leveling gathering professions for gold is a breeze. They don't have to pay for weapon enchants either which is pretty nice since those are generally the most expensive. Its a very cost and time effective class. They are also very good at soloing old content which again is very nice for gold or if you're into achievements.

WTS Deathknight class /w price!

One problem with DKs in PVP is our awful mobility, and as such we're very reliant on dispells/freedoms when runes/deathgrip are on cooldown, especially against frost mages. In season 7 and especially season 8, our low damage and generally terrible burst, combined with the very long cooldowns of our major CC abilities (gnaw/strangulate) we were VERY comp dependant. All of these things lead to the bigger issue which was our very low skill cap. Most of the time we're weren't able to CC, so we either became CoI bots or mindlessly tunnelled damage. Deathknight players tend to be very attached to their toons so the population didn't really diminish even when we were crap, but we've been quite bad in the past 2 arena seasons.

That being said, we've always been VERY strong in solo comtent (Death Knights have solo'd Sarth 10, for instance, and could solo Marrowgar 10 and Rotface 10 were it not for the enrage timers), due in large part to our considerable self healing, and superior health/armor/cooldowns for a time.

In addition we're looking very strong in Cataclysm both as Tanks and as DPS. PVP burst and sustained damage look to be competitive and the addition of Dark Simulacrum (possibly the best spell in the game imo) should serve to raise the skillcap somewhat.

All that being said, our resource mechanic is quite unique and it's not for everybody. I suspect it appeals more to the OCD-minded (like myself), but it's obviously not the kind of thing you can know until you try it. I was never planning to reroll from my rogue, but I knew I was destined to be a DK before I even hit 60.

Does
    Every
    Ability
    They
    Have

Keep
    Noobs
    In
    Good
    Health?
    Tomato.

You are a ironclad Necromancer. Rather than wiggle your fingers daintily, you hurl shadowy doom with an iron fist. You are a Blight on your enemies and a boon for your friends. Be it Unholy, Frost, or Blood, all cower before their impending demise.

Unholy is a plague on the land, and those who stand before the Blightcallers will have their lives slowly drained away as they feverishly try to fight of the grasping hands of your undead army. All while attempting to stay of the reign of your two handed guillotine.

Masters of the Blood Shield, a Blood Knight stand before scores of combatants, to them, an immovable barrier and certain destruction from his waiting allies. As they advance their blood burns in their veins and erupts forth, bathing the crimson scourge in their life force. Their life-blood seeps through the Knights nearly impenetrable plate armor, revitalizing him and giving him one more tool for dispatching all that stand in his way.

Stare deep into the Frozen Heart of the Frigid Knight. Feel yourself freeze, body and soul. Watch in horror as the Knight brandishes his dual weapons, both eager to shatter you into a million pieces.

Look upon your death, The Knights have come, and the reaper follows.

This is my view of the DK class, specifically my favorite spec, which is Unholy...

(Can't post links yet, so just put this after a Youtube link)

/watch?v=OZ-T8B5D5QQ

10+ Year Old Account
    They are the former Lich King's minions what else do you need to know? lol
    Why can't blizzard just give everyone BETA and call it PTR?

10+ Year Old Account
    Unholy is a melee hunter... enjoy!

You spread aids.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathanos View Post
    You are a ironclad Necromancer. Rather than wiggle your fingers daintily, you hurl shadowy doom with an iron fist. You are a Blight on your enemies and a boon for your friends. Be it Unholy, Frost, or Blood, all cower before their impending demise.

Unholy is a plague on the land, and those who stand before the Blightcallers will have their lives slowly drained away as they feverishly try to fight of the grasping hands of your undead army. All while attempting to stay of the reign of your two handed guillotine.

Masters of the Blood Shield, a Blood Knight stand before scores of combatants, to them, an immovable barrier and certain destruction from his waiting allies. As they advance their blood burns in their veins and erupts forth, bathing the crimson scourge in their life force. Their life-blood seeps through the Knights nearly impenetrable plate armor, revitalizing him and giving him one more tool for dispatching all that stand in his way.

Stare deep into the Frozen Heart of the Frigid Knight. Feel yourself freeze, body and soul. Watch in horror as the Knight brandishes his dual weapons, both eager to shatter you into a million pieces.

Look upon your death, The Knights have come, and the reaper follows.
    Wow, I have been triple raped by a plethora of ghastly doom and forbidden pleasure.

/sold

Deleted
    my main is a shadowpriest but i loved my blood dk in lk.. best quester evah

Because being one of the few good dks, feels good.