Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Louge View Post
    I say 2H frost is better out of personal preference
    So your argument consists of "I like 2h more so it's better"?

I guess I'm done here.

I'm completely willing to look at your sim data if you ever post any though, but you won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    So your argument consists of "I like 2h more so it's better"?

I guess I'm done here.

I'm completely willing to look at your sim data if you ever post any though, but you won't.
    Arguement is your a tool, listening to a player that sims data, doesnt follow it and has questionable results. Do you even play a DK?

More ad hominem attacks, now I know I'm done here.

i like how this post was constructive up until the 2h frost vs dw frost argument came in. Im doing a LOT more than the 2H frost dk in my guild, he has 277 bryntroll i have 2x 277 BVBs i JUST got 3 heroic tokens so now i greatly outgear the 2H frosty but before i got the tokens the single target wasn't even close. Also Louge can you provide the parse for your 19k h saurfang 25 in a pug that lasted 4 minutes? Until you can i'm sorry I don't believe you.

---------- Post added 2010-10-29 at 01:50 AM ----------

Arguement is your a tool, listening to a player that sims data, doesnt follow it and has questionable results. Do you even play a DK?
    Wow you're cool. Until you prove otherwise i'm going to side with Shiira over you. Acting like an internet badass is cool i heard.

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    i like how this post was constructive up until the 2h frost vs dw frost argument came in. Im doing a LOT more than the 2H frost dk in my guild, he has 277 bryntroll i have 2x 277 BVBs i JUST got 3 heroic tokens so now i greatly outgear the 2H frosty but before i got the tokens the single target wasn't even close. Also Louge can you provide the parse for your 19k h saurfang 25 in a pug that lasted 4 minutes? Until you can i'm sorry I don't believe you.
    The pug that does parses for WoL? Im sorry my skills are so unbelievable. It really isnt hard to believe when im haste soft capped, hit capped, and have roughly 41% mastery in PvE gear with a 3.6 weapon. Go look around around on stormreaver ally for the people in the pug?

---------- Post added 2010-10-29 at 01:50 AM ----------

Wow you're cool. Until you prove otherwise i'm going to side with Shiira over you. Acting like an internet badass is cool i heard.
    However the only thing I will agree with you on, is consider isn't always right. Currently i see RPM as a necessity for dw dks, he looks at is as optional. I cap out my RP in a matter of one full rotation+EPW rotation.

---------- Post added 2010-10-29 at 01:55 AM ----------

The pug that does parses for WoL? Im sorry my skills are so unbelievable. It really isnt hard to believe when im haste soft capped, hit capped, and have roughly 41% mastery in PvE gear with a 3.6 weapon. Go look around around on stormreaver ally for the people in the pug?
    lol, so what you're trying to tell me is if it were actually recorded you would be the top 25 frost dk worldwide on world of logs for h saurfang? sorry but i call bullshit.
    Last edited by valliant13; 2010-10-29 at 01:56 AM.

However the only thing I will agree with you on, is consider isn't always right. Currently i see RPM as a necessity for dw dks, he looks at is as optional. I cap out my RP in a matter of one full rotation+EPW rotation.

---------- Post added 2010-10-29 at 01:55 AM ----------

lol, so what you're trying to tell me is if it were actually recorded you would be the top 25 frost dk worldwide on world of logs for h saurfang? sorry but i call bullshit.
    For your viewing pleasure.

wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormreaver&cn=Louge

Im at about 1k haste now because i just reforged a little for unholy.

im still going to have to call bullshit on 19k on saurfang unless people were feeding you tricks and unholy frenzy.

without any reforging, but staying at the caps, i did around 9-10k on the dummy as unholy. Ive checked the priority and i think i was doing it right

I then only switched the weapons to DW and went frost, keeping the rest of the gear the same, and i did 10.5k, again, keeping to the right priority

I conclude, The best spec is dependent on what stats you have on your gear. There is no better spec atm

think a dk gave it to me once during the fight, but its not like 1 time getting it will give me 4k dps over 2 more minutes the fight should last.

Really? All one has to do is mosey on over to worldoflogs and look at fight records. Unholy is still ahead of frost on single target fights, but after the nerf they will be almost on par.

also doing the math on a live realm hitting the haste soft cap, and reforging to haste instead of mastery, i found myself granted with a heroic bryntroll not heroic cryptmaker at 33% more frost damage, a heroic cryptmaker would let me boost it up to maybe 35% im closer to bis than you are. So again I will call bullshit. And depending on when you are fed that unholy frenzy it could actually really boost your damage. If it was done post 35% then yea it will give you a a big dps inscrease cause not only will you most likely be under the influence of a speed pot, but also heroism + UF = really quick 2H strikes.

also doing the math on a live realm hitting the haste soft cap, and reforging to haste instead of mastery, i found myself granted with a heroic bryntroll not heroic cryptmaker at 33% more frost damage, a heroic cryptmaker would let me boost it up to maybe 35% im closer to bis than you are. So again I will call bullshit. And depending on when you are fed that unholy frenzy it could actually really boost your damage. If it was done post 35% then yea it will give you a a big dps inscrease cause not only will you most likely be under the influence of a speed pot, but also heroism + UF = really quick 2H strikes.
    Heres the kicker i didnt use haste pots, that will blow your unbelieving mind. please link your armory, and your napkin math for that matter.

jacoste, UH is doign more on single target fights because most of the people setting records as UH are using a smourne. which in itself is a huge dps increase over 2x havok's calls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost is very much proc/priority based, he could have had a lucky string of crits and you're stuck with baby Oblits, or he could be a better player than you, it happens.

Heres the kicker i didnt use haste pots, that will blow your unbelieving mind. please link your armory, and your napkin math for that matter.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...nger&cn=Clexxi

and i bet you didn't without being able to back it up i will just have to call bullshit until you can provide a parse proving you did it. If you're so bad ass you wouldve saved the log yourself and uploaded it yourself as well.

my spec that i am is from doing heroic 25 man lk and picking up chilblains to slow the valks since my guild got too reliant on me when i was frost sub blood pre 4.0
    Last edited by valliant13; 2010-10-29 at 02:26 AM.

Unholy is still pulling off very competitive real world numbers because of how quickly stuff is dying these days, which inflates the value of gargoyle and unholy frenzy far above how they would be in normal circumstances. You aren't going to be able to have that kind of cooldown uptime any more in cataclysm.

The fact of the matter is, you can play whichever spec you want to atm as there's rly no clear-cut winner (as in, not much difference between the two assuming gear/skill are about the same). As to the OP, it's definitely a matter of getting used to the different spec. Shouldn't have that much of a difference. Also Val, stop feeding the troll ^^ he obviously made an account just now to brag about how l337sauce he is...

Im well aware of what a H LK Spec looks like, no need to explain. Could care less about uploading a parse to a random on the forum anyways tbh, i dont have an account on WoL. Your also missing alot of easy socket bonuses you should be getting. Your also not alot closer to full BiS than me, not sure where you are getting that from. That haste trinket is so sexy for Frost 2H since haste > mastery until soft cap according to your idol. Im missing a SM and 2, 264 pieces. Your missing alot more than me.
    Last edited by Louge; 2010-10-29 at 02:32 AM.

Exactly what flagellum and shiira just said