Thread: 4.0 Pro Tips

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Thumbs up 4.0 Pro Tips

Post small tips for 4.0

Use slow weapons for Tanking

controll your rage

15+ Year Old Account
    pull aggro and die, so I don't have to care about you the rest of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    pull aggro from a gang and die, so I don't have to care about you the rest of the night.
    fixd

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

get a shield wall macro and use it if you pull aggro so you dont die

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Haste is your friend now, don't avoid it.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Use slow weapons for Tanking
    Thanks for answering the question I came here for! (are slow weapons better now?)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tequila333 View Post
    Thanks for answering the question I came here for! (are slow weapons better now?)
    Yes they are. The reason for fast weapons was because pre-patch, heroic strike and cleave were on-next-swing attacks. However, now they are instant and we no longer have abilities that would benefit from fast weapons. Slow weapons have higher damage, so it's a good reason to switch.

Whats a good weapon to use now do you reckon then, only thign I have is that dps ace from FoS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloten View Post
    Whats a good weapon to use now do you reckon then, only thign I have is that dps ace from FoS
    I'm currently using [Last Word], though any of the adequate tanking weapons will suffice. We'll get new weapons in Cata but until then we must make due with what we have.

Deleted
    Buy one of the arena weapons, they are 2.6 speed and 226.7dps if you did not buy the 2200 rating ones, plus have nice heap of stamina.
    Rend scales extremly well with slow weapons, went from 2k dps to 4,8k+dps as tank in heroics.
    Even my rage problems are practicly gone.
    With rend ticking, even sick op broken ass dds can aoe again.
    Single target aggro was no problem with a fast weapon, but it is also better, keep rend on bosses.

It is so good, I fear Blizz is going to "fix" it.

don't use bloodsurge

Quote Originally Posted by ahahahoho View Post
    don't use bloodsurge
    - unless BT, RB, and HS are all on cooldown (and rend and sunder don't need to be refreshed)

Quote Originally Posted by Cloten View Post
    I use wrathful cleaver. It takes about one night of pvp to get it and it is the lulz in damage.

On Topic:

Use fucking berserker rage as a tank. It does more than break fear. Read the whole tool tip!

for tanks. after a charge cleave with rend-thunderclap for initial agro. (takes a bit of rage controll but it works rly well) and the pvp axe 2.6 thing. i love it. works RLY well

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karenai View Post
    Buy one of the arena weapons, they are 2.6 speed and 226.7dps if you did not buy the 2200 rating ones, plus have nice heap of stamina.
    I totally forgot about those......oh tonight some mobs will feel my wraith...haha

Don't get blood and thunder, its not a tanking talent. Its an arms AoE talent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Use fucking berserker rage as a tank. It does more than break fear. Read the whole tool tip!
    + it's now off the GCD!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    B&T is very effective in 5-mans if you chain pull or have a group with moderate-low dps. It's also extremely good for the low level tank.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    I use wrathful cleaver. It takes about one night of pvp to get it and it is the lulz in damage.
    Well sure, but it requires 1800 rating. I have 0, and there's no way to attain rating now, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    Regardless its a fantastic AoE tanking talent, similar to Druid's 'Thrash', but rage/gcd free.