Thread: Latency Add-on

Latency Add-on

Hello, as the title says im looking for where to find the latency addon, I used to have it a year or so ago but recently switched computers and cannot remember where or how I got it for the life of me, basically it just reduces your latency by making WoW the priority. Anyway any help is appreciated, thanks ahead

10+ Year Old Account
    tcp frequency ?

titan bar and fubar have latency/mem addons. I think recount has a graph you can display as well.
    http://www.orphanguild.com/ - SWTOR Guild US West Coast PvP

15+ Year Old Account
    Can`t post link but it s on wowinterface under LeatrixLatencyFix

15+ Year Old Account
    I installed it and wow ran at 5 fps. Lol. Removed it and bam. back to 75. Why would it do that?

Thanks guys i installed it and am now at 80 MS as opposed to 200+ before, and no FPS drop, thanks!

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Miseration, all that "Leatrix Latency Fix" does is modify a setting in the Windows Registry related to TCP/IP "packet recieved" acknowledgements. It changes the value from a "2" to a "1". It has no effect on graphics, memory usage, cpu usage, etc, so your issue was not, in fact, related to LLF.

10+ Year Old Account
    For those of you who prefer to know exactly what this 'Addon' is doing, and subsequently would rather set it themselves than have an outside file with questionable safety measures do it for them:

On your start menu, either using run or the search function depending on your Windows version, type 'regedit'

Note: DO NOT MODIFY ANY FILE UNLESS YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE DOING

When in regedit you want to go along the tree structure as follows;

HKEY_Local_Machine > System > CurrentControlSet > Services > Tcpip > Parameters > Interfaces

In this 'Interfaces' folder, you will likely notice 2 or more folders that appear to be named with random letters and numbers. These are your network card interfaces. Going through each of them one by one you will find that some have much more information than the others, generally you are wanting the one with an 'IPAddress' 'Reg_Multi_SZ' with most likely something similar to 192.168.0.123 as its data. This is the interface that you use for your internet connection.

Now you have found your 'network interface folder', you want to right click inside and choose new > Dword (32 Bit Value) - Note, it MUST be Dword irrespective on if you have a 32bit or 64bit OS.

This new Dword, set its name to 'TcpAckFrequency' by right clicking and choosing modify. Set the value to '1' and the base as Hexadecimal. Press okay, and restart your computer.

To remove this, just right click and delete the 'TcpAckFrequency' Dword, being sure to NOT delete anything else either by mistake or otherwise.