Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    you get GOOD gear from this so i'm glad there's a limit

Pfft archaelogy will not be essential for raiding at all. I can see them putting a limit on archaelogy for sure. Maybe they actually want people to take their time and enjoy it instead of trying to grind it out as fast as possible?

Clearly there is a limit to encourage you to character hop when you hit the cap for one of them.

Deleted
    Maybe they actually want people to take their time and enjoy it instead of trying to grind it out as fast as possible?
    Most people tend to enjoy tackling things at their own pace. If they want to take their time to enjoy it, then they will - I know I shall. Even so, a limit on a profession just takes away the enjoyment aspect in my opinion. I quite like attending to my professions in between other aspects of the game.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suilenroc View Post
    Archaeology is a pretty disgusting grind in beta atm, so I can see why they might put a limit on it. However this would also put people (even more) at the mercy of RNG. Archaeology gives some pre-heroic raid BiS items that will be seen as essential for beginning raiders.
    That's actually another reason in favor of the weekly cap. Blizzard probably doesn't want people to powerlevel archeology to get all the level 85 epics as fast as possible. I assume they want the epics to be nice, useful things you can find through archeology, instead of must-have pre-raid gear.

the trouble with a limit to how many times you can survey is that by the time you get an epic they will be far outclassed and likely useless to your character, considering the randomness of how you acquire items with archaeology.

this of course only applies to the actual gear items. probably won't stop me from trying for a jin'rokh anyway.

gonna make the qiraji battle tank mount take about a year and change to acquire for most people, though. that should be 'fun'. >.>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    The only reason I could think of is that Blizzard might want to give non-Dwarfs a shot at Realm first. But then again, there will be tons of players that get the cap every week and then some Wednesday a dwarf wins 15 miutes after servers are up.
    Would it really be a problem if dwarves had an advantage in this regard, lore-wise it makes perfect sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    To put my thoughts in to words, my main fear is not that I can't grind out archeology as quickly as possible, although that is still a concern as I'd like to do it. My main concern is that I might feel that I HAVE to do the weekly limit in artifacts, or else I'd lose a week.

Quote Originally Posted by dooditsprinny View Post
    you get GOOD gear from this so i'm glad there's a limit
    the time it would take to level archeology and find that gear you could farm gold and have it crafted with less effort (equivelent piece). with a cap by the time you level it the gear will be useless for mains and only going to be useful for alts not leveled fast.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    This porlly a bug as the limit is -1 >.>
    I mean, with that you couldnt possibly get anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    This porlly a bug as the limit is -1 >.>
    I mean, with that you couldnt possibly get anything.
    if it is limited that is obviously a placeholder allowing you to do all you want for testing.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Skullcrack View Post
    No, the less time you spend online the more money Blizzard makes. Every minute you spend logged in Blizzard incurs bandwidth and other resource costs. Ideally they'd like to keep you paying a monthly fee without actually logging in at all.
    This.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a bug. Also, Zin'rokh is the only rare for troll archaeology, hence the rarity of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    limit would be dumb if it's permament....maybe for like 2 months or so..so non-dwarves have a chance for realm first but afterwards meh...it's like putting a limit on cooking due to http://www.wowhead.com/item=46349

-end 25 hour sleepless ramble

perhaps, could someone from America raise this question? I don't think they started reading EU forums seriously

Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    That's actually another reason in favor of the weekly cap. Blizzard probably doesn't want people to powerlevel archeology to get all the level 85 epics as fast as possible. I assume they want the epics to be nice, useful things you can find through archeology, instead of must-have pre-raid gear.
    It's not pre-raid gear, though. It's on par with and better than some entry level raid drops. If they're going to keep the items rare and RNGy they should nerf them into being less powerful.

Deleted
    Not looking forward to Archaeology anyways

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll nerdrage if there will be a limit.
    I was really excited about Archaeology, and this will ruin the experience for me, quite abit.

Personally I don't understand any limits on PVE or PvP points I'll just log an alt so Blizz will not get me off their servers. So, why restrict us we play how we want to play not be told by Big Brother Blizzard, who imo are heading that way.

I'm pretty sure from the very start they said archeology would be gated. A lot of the stuff has been scrapped but this makes sense with their new weekly JP cap. Its intended to limit the advantage of no-lifers and also give no-lifers more of a life since you won't feel you "have" to power level archeology and farm for full JP blues.

Did they scrap the path of the titans thing? It doesn't really make sense to limit if the only benefit are the BoA epics and fluff.
    Last edited by deneweth; 2010-11-01 at 05:09 PM.