15+ Year Old Account

Do shield spikes still overwrite enchants?

I'm looking at the pyrium shield spike and it's trivial 250-ish damage as a level 85 enchant. The damage it does is not only infinitely small at level 85, but also requires blocking. Anyone checked it out on beta? Would be nice if spikes became remotely viable or interesting.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

I beleive that spikes still override enchants.

Spikes aren't the best use against single mobs, but they do help with aggro. The shield spikes are much better used on your AoE tanking set when multiple mobs have a chance to get blocked and take damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    I'm looking at the pyrium shield spike and it's trivial 250-ish damage as a level 85 enchant. The damage it does is not only infinitely small at level 85, but also requires blocking. Anyone checked it out on beta? Would be nice if spikes became remotely viable or interesting.
    it will still almost certainly overwrite any enchant. As far as you thinking it will be trivial, block cap is extremely easy to hit with both warriors and paladins thanks to mastery, AKA with shield block up a warrior could have a 100% chance to block for a temporary time, if you did that during a big aoe pull (say 10 mobs) the amount of damage caused by that spike would be insane

10+ Year Old Account
    the amount of damage caused by that spike would be insane
    Its 250 per swing, mobs swing every 2 seconds average, shield block lasts 10 seconds. Assuming 300% threat, you will get a grand total of 2250 threat assuming none of them stopped attacking you to cast something or attacked someone else. Thats less threat than a single thunderclap, about a third of it in fact, at lv85.

It helps? Yea a tiny bit. Is it worth replacing another shield enchant? No.

Only situation you would need that kind of threat would be on farming heroics, and for that you could get blood&thunder and thunderstruct.

PS: Remember blizzard doesnt want us passively generating threat anymore. It surprised me they allowed us to gain threat by generating rage through shield specialization.
    Last edited by shadowkras; 2010-10-30 at 07:12 PM.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.