4.0.1 Elemental Mastery Concern

The current elemental mastery "elemental overload" was completly ok with me until i looked at some of the new trinkets that blizzard is bringing into the game. While I 100% believe that this ability must be part of elemental there is a pressing issue in my mind that comes in with this new trinket "Bell of Enraging Resonance" which gives your spell crits the chance to increase your mastery by 1920 something. Now with that said the massive amounts of mastery that will be able to be put on gear via gems, enchants, reforging, or just having it on the gear leads me to believe that your mastery can be pushed over 100%. For masterys such as any damage increase (there are many that can be used but im going to use the enhancement shaman mastery so we dont have any cross class hate) like the mastery for enhacement shamans which increases the damage of fire, frost and nature abilities. Now currently at lvl 80 if you reforge everything with about a 264 item lvl your mastery for elemental should be about 37% and 46% for enhancement in your elemental gear with all that mastery. So once you get your mastery to a point of 100% for elemental, enhancement shamans can push past 100% increase their damage with the more mastery they get. So for a trinket to increase your mastery that would give the caster 20 sec of increased damage for someone that has a damage increasing mastery while elemental has a cap of 100%. This could also be said for MM hunters and Arms Warriors that were given similar masteries. /End QQ

This leads me to a question for blizzard:
    Why did you introduce masteries with caps such as elemental that must compete with masteries such as enhancement with limitless dps increases?

As a side note i believe i read that arms warriors masteries bonus swing does 115% damage, if so why does elemental get 75% damage from bonus casts?

Serious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Restraint View Post
    A bad is someone who keyboard turns, stands in fire, and mashes there face on keys.

10+ Year Old Account
    for the arms warrior question, the damage they do per swing is nothing compared to the damage you do per cast.

And you have no proof that the damage is increased past 100% and i doubt that reaching that number is even going to be possible come level 85
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

and you're aware that once you start leveling again you'll be losing stats? it will take more of a stat to get 1%

Quote Originally Posted by Sterkrazzy View Post
    and you're aware that once you start leveling again you'll be losing stats? it will take more of a stat to get 1%
    This for one. Combat ratings will be much steeper at 85. There will be no way ele will cap mastery. No way it will happen.

At 85, that 1920 ends up being, what, 10% or something? It won't be broken. Don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    At 85, that 1920 ends up being, what, 10% or something? It won't be broken. Don't worry.
    ^^This^^

its cause if you go over 100% you get a chance for your overload to proc another overload
    <.<
    >.>
    but seriously? we'll never hit 100%

It's called stats degradation. it was always there in case you forgot :P
    The higher in level we will be the more of a certain stat we will need for that 1% meaning the insane numbers you see on those items aren't necessarily exaggerated. We still haven't heard many complaints about it from BETA testers and or Blizzard which lets me believe that the numbers aren't as high as you might think.
    Perspective is like a coin. It has two faces, but most people fail to see both.

Have no fear uneducated poster for there is no issue with the elemental mastery. It is actually one of the better masteries that exists and helps out where it is needed. They have already calculated out the stats on gear all the way up to Deathwing gear as well in order to balance it out for each tier. There is no issue here, and there will surely be no issue at 85 once we need several thousand mastery to get back to where we are at 80 by just reforging.

Well i dont really think it would be fair to consider this to be uneducated considering two things:
    1.) I don't have the beta hence the reason to post this instead of just doing it myself
    2.) When lvling from 70-80 stats such as crit droped about 1% per lvl so when your going from 70 to 80 losing around 10% crit then wouldn't you lose around another 5% going from 80 to 85 (obviously this would not be the best thing to do if you are blizzard because the numbers would be insane but without actually being able to see the stat degrading from lvl to lvl how would i know?

Thanks for your responses

u will lose around 15% - 20% in stats figures at lvl 85 compared to lvl 80

at lvl 85, for 1 point in mastery u need 179.28 rating, so on your example thats 10.71 mastery points, that equals to 21.42% change to overload

and that trinket doesnt give mastery at all :P - http://cata.wowhead.com/item=59326

also if u doubt my calculations u can do it yourself by reading - http://elitistjerks.com/f15/t29453-c..._85_cataclysm/

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Leveling from 80 to 81 will already reduce your crit by something like 5%.

Imagine the same for Mastery.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

blizz clearly stated that you wont be able to reach mastery cap even in deathwing gear. they said that a long time ago, so i wont bother searching for the blue post.
    Here comes the pain bitch

You could also reforge extra mastery...just trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist.