Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by kemanorel View Post
    Despite common conception, we are not and probably have never been, a purely dps class. We make great cannons (well, more like uzi's in this patch) but Our prime selling point has been our versatility and utility for a long time. It is just that things like tranquilizing shot, interrupt (marksman mostly), traps, kiting et cetera are only really noticed when they are needed and missing at the same time. Blizzard is hammering the point home by giving us "furry totems" to boot. I love dropping traps, while taunting adds off of melee (blood beasts mostly) or kiting a boss while the tank gets a brez and topped off. Jack of all trades, master of none unfortunately. We can "sorta" pull of any role of a raid group (now that spirit beasts heal at least) While staying in the top 5 or so damage wise. How many mages can say that (and they don't get lust till 85 we get it at 60 how cool is that.) I /cry a little every time I see a marksman build without silencing shot. No, we shouldn't need it due to its horrible cd compared to every other interrupt. Why do we need it? To cover for the melee that hit a dps button instead of kick/etc.

Hunters are underappreciated because the things we're best at, don't show on recount.
    That's a silly argument; every class has things they are good at that don't involve their primary role. I don't understand why anyone would ever argue that it's okay for Hunters to be below other DPS because we "have other tricks up our sleeves."

Quote Originally Posted by kemanorel View Post
    Our prime selling point has been our versatility and utility for a long time. It is just that things like tranquilizing shot, interrupt (marksman mostly), traps, kiting et cetera
    Not really. You don't really need to CC in raids anymore. I use Tranq Shot when doing Lich King and one boss in Ruby Sanctum. Our silence sucks because it has a travel time. Kiting doesn't work when most mobs are immune to slows.

Not to mention every other 'pure' DPS class has the same things. You're misinterpreting what pure DPS means. It's having three specs that can only DPS.

Please read my signature, it is this thread in "Win" format :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story