Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Fellow Frost Dks

As you may know, we are topping the charts right now, and that scares me. How much longer before Blizz throws the nerf bat at us?

15+ Year Old Account
    As long as they throw us a funny bone I'd be ok with the nerf bat.

Playing guitar hero with my runes isn't my idea of a fun priority system.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

If you're topping charts, then the other dps are doing something wrong. There are still fury warriors, arcane mages, destro warlocks, etc. that are beating us. Now if you mean that by topping charts that we're reasonably high on rankings (anywhere from 1st to 5th), well that's how it's always been even before 4.0.

pionok, maybe you're just playing bad and thats why you're not first. But frost dps is rly high.

Quote Originally Posted by v2nkata View Post
    pionok, maybe you're just playing bad and thats why you're not first. But frost dps is rly high.
    Checking World of logs proves that there are other classes that tops the charts... i.e. UH DK.

http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play.../#tab-25Heroic

Frost is decent but hardly good enough to need nerfing.

Frost DK need a serious review... in cata CC would be important and HB doesn't fit in a world of crowd control... frost dps on cc fights would be... rather poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post

/Agree, the only possible nerf I could see for frost is a slight reduction on Howling Blast's AoE. However, I really don't find its AoE potential that impressive since it can't be maintained nearly as well as Unholy. Besides all this, we're in a really good place and with the crit reductions in Cataclysm we'll need fairly high base values. A nerf now could break the spec for months to come.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.

i do not quite understand this as i am currently using unholy as my dps spec and im able to pull 17k dps on the first few fights to 13-14k on the difficult fights in ICC25H with 264 gear with like 20 expertise i do not need and a heroic bryntoll.

Quote Originally Posted by Krychek View Post
    Frost DK need a serious review... in cata CC would be important and HB doesn't fit in a world of crowd control... frost dps on cc fights would be... rather poor.
    The mechanic to make an AoE not break CC already exists, its a simple implementation (theoretically)
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    The mechanic to make an AoE not break CC already exists, its a simple implementation (theoretically)
    yeah it's just the same mechanic as when you attacking mobs with Cleave and a PvP flagged char is next to it, which if you are not flagged yourself will not hit him. Although it takes away the aspect of actually be careful to not AoE close to a cc'd mob. I probably vote for implementing AoE immunity on cc'd mobs unless targeted directly

Actually I'm coming first on a lot of fights except when our fury warrior is there but he's got a SM and geared as well as me. We don't run any parses since I'm just doing 10 mans until cata, but im running similar dps to the top 20 Frost DKs om WoL. On topic, we are fine and need nothing changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post

I feel sorry for Valithria, all those unholy DKs hurting her so they can top meters =(.

Quote Originally Posted by MortalWombat View Post
    I feel sorry for Valithria, all those unholy DKs hurting her so they can top meters =(.
    Well... they're not actually hurting her. They're saving her. :-P
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingwraith View Post
    Well... they're not actually hurting her. They're saving her. :-P
    The 24 others are saving her, the DKs are hurting her for their selfish dps!

Deleted
    I'm terrble on my deathknight i don't understand the rune power or runes or whatever yet i come out near the top :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fentoozler View Post
    I'm terrble on my deathknight i don't understand the rune power or runes or whatever yet i come out near the top :/
    Not saying much considering a lot of warrior don't understand how rage regen works and same w/ rogues. Just because you didn't learn everything about your class doesn't mean its shocking that you can out dps others, but if you're topping in a guild raid then the others are doing something wrong or the wrong class atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MortalWombat View Post
    Not saying much considering a lot of warrior don't understand how rage regen works and same w/ rogues. Just because you didn't learn everything about your class doesn't mean its shocking that you can out dps others, but if you're topping in a guild raid then the others are doing something wrong or the wrong class atm.
    How rage and energy works? Its normalized and it ticks. Tada! You can pretty much disable the bars for pve dude....

10+ Year Old Account
    we are not topping charts; every spec including unholy has been buffed far more than frost. I would estimate that we received about a 500 dps increase while other classes recieved a 5k dps increase like unholy.

http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play..._Death_Knight/ bfore 4.0 frost dks top damage was 20k dps after it is still 20k dps

http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play..._Death_Knight/ before 4.0 unholy struggled to touch 19k to 20k dps now they do well over 25k.

ya, whatever.. we need nerfing, not.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    we are not topping charts; every spec including unholy has been buffed far more than frost. I would estimate that we received about a 500 dps increase while other classes recieved a 5k dps increase like unholy.

http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play..._Death_Knight/ bfore 4.0 frost dks top damage was 20k dps after it is still 20k dps

http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play..._Death_Knight/ before 4.0 unholy struggled to touch 19k to 20k dps now they do well over 25k.

ya, whatever.. we need nerfing, not.
    Unholy was at the same level as Frost prepatch, and it's hard to say a minute 44 seconds fight is a good measure for dps.

If you are having trouble not breaking CC with Howling Blast, tell yourself and your tank to L2P and move the mobs AWAY from the CC target.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.