Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    [/COLOR]

Who says they're even considering adding a new class anyway? The classes we currently have come from the Warcraft series directly or are a combination of several. They aren't going to make X a class when X+Y=Z and Z is a WoW class already.

PS. Cata is NOT Emerald Dream - you should have watched or attended Blizzcon.
    the question asked by the OP was what would the next hero class be, not if there was going to be a hero class.

And cata is the emerald dream expansion, and i did watch blizzcon. Cata has Furion, the dragonflights, the old gods, its pretty clear the nightmare will be dealt with in Cata. If there was an emerald dream expansion, what would it be about? Obviously exploring a hazy green copy of azeroth wouldn't be that interesting, and if the dragonflights and the old gods are dealt with in cata, what kind of conflict would occur? I would attain a basic knowledge of the expansion that is gonna be out in a month before I decide to troll.
    "With this costume, I'll get Asian girls for sure!"
    - Judge Malthred revealing my avatar's inner thoughts

Once again, Dragonsworn

Demon Hunters, hunters who have awesome melee skills and use chaos magic to bolster nearby friendly, not just party/raid members, but friendly targets chaos arcane and unholy dmg. Then prolly at the same time, but maybe 3-9 months later, Battle Mages, casters who use chaos magic, and can ranged tank bosses, as long as that boss uses chaos arcane frost fire and/or unholy dmg. These two class were slated for release, but once the guys who were working on Diablo left, they had to cannibalize the WoW crew to finish that game. But these are going to be released.

I think the only ones would be tinker or brewmaster

Quote Originally Posted by slightly View Post
    I think the only ones would be tinker or brewmaster
    Engineering, its a profession.

Quote Originally Posted by tenzing21 View Post
    Demon Hunters, hunters who have awesome melee skills and use chaos magic to bolster nearby friendly, not just party/raid members, but friendly targets chaos arcane and unholy dmg. Then prolly at the same time, but maybe 3-9 months later, Battle Mages, casters who use chaos magic, and can ranged tank bosses, as long as that boss uses chaos arcane frost fire and/or unholy dmg. These two class were slated for release, but once the guys who were working on Diablo left, they had to cannibalize the WoW crew to finish that game. But these are going to be released.
    Do you have any way to prove this claim that they were "slated for release"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazus View Post
    One that I tink are possible are Monk (seguages of the light, fusion between priests and warriors but they aint paladins) use fist weapons and mail agility armor, has 3 spec: Melee DPS, Ranged DPS (uses bows, plays like hunters), Healer spec (uses healier mail/staffs).

Moar healers, more ranged phys dps, more melee, and really fist weapons need love.
    No. Just...no.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormstryker View Post
    Engineering, its a profession.
    tinker is a class
    engineering isnt just a profession
    learn some gnome lore
    so Gelbin Mekkatorque is using just a proffesion ? would be great

I've had a thought for a while. I think the game needs something else to get folks to heal. What if you had a class that would heal by debuffing others? Kind of like a warlock, but the damage would flow in reverse. I had a monk type of toon in mind but not really sure where it fits. This class would wear leather, have a melee/caster/healer tree and use fist weapons, maces, staves, and maybe daggers. Anyway just a loose idea.

I think blizz is trying to make healing more interactive with the encounter and not just your ui, something like this might hit the nail on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Kealsin View Post

As for the next Hero Class I want to see; their are a few. We are missing a Buff only class. Many games have them, Aion, Raganorok Online, etc. A class that deals mainly in Buffing/Debuffing friends/foes. Keeping a buff on your party/raid could be the difference in a fight, or making your enemies weaker through your debuffing. Making them more pron to melee damage, range damage, or maybe even certain spell classes (ei: holy, arcane, fire, frost, etc). To obviously make this Buff/Debuff class work the spells would have to be on a short timer, and make that if you overlap the buff/debuff it effects the caster with a debuff. So say he/she casts a magic buff on their raid in a magic heavy boss fight. He clips his buff by a few seconds, then now that buff becomes a burden on him. Making him take more damage by all classes of spells. Or make it, since it was a raid buff, effect the whole raid. Making the whole raid get a debuff that makes them take more spell damage. Of course there could be a CD spell that instantly dispells all debuffs raid wide just in case he messes up on a buff/debuff.

Debuffer was the concept of the Warlock. but they scrap that concept in TBC.

if you seen a old pic of the official class page on the worldofwarcraft.com site, you would have seen the lock's role being something called a debuffer.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penatar View Post
    This

People say rune masters... Last I checked that's a DK.

People want demon hunters... Hunter/rogues with shadow damage instead of nature?

People want monks and battle mages.... Holy/frost/fire/arcane version of enhance shamans?

Arch classes... Classes that are already other classes?

All I ever see are the same suggestions. I wish something new and exciting would come along. None of these suggestions excite me because we already have them in the game. I have sat and pondered as to what a new class might be, and I can't think of anything we don't already have.
    Just because DKs use runes doesn't mean they are the equivalent of the runemaster class.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Runemaster

some sort of sub-par spirit healer. like a class on its way to becoming a spirit healer. would look like an ethereal any race with wings and would have awesome sicknesses and... temporary armor and weapon break abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Narkøtîque View Post
    Demon Hunter might be neat but they implemented this into DiabloIII already, so I don't forsee that class ever making it into Warcraft.

Personally I think it would be awesome if future Heroic Classes were achieved though an epic quest line to upgrade your existing class.

For example:

Hunter -> Warden (Maiev Shadowsong)

Shaman -> Witch Doctor (Also already in Diablo III, so again I doubt it)

Druid -> ArchDruid (like an avatar on Cenarius or something)

Rogue -> Raven (mystical ninja'ish. Maybe Blizzard would dust off Ravenholdt and do something with it)

Mage -> Sorcerer (like a mage and lock mash-up, include more summoning spells besides water elemental)

Paladin -> Templar/Crusader

Warlock -> Sadist (exponentially magnify the "hurt myself to boost my spells that will inflict damage as well as heal me so that I can hurt myself some more" mechanic)

Warrior -> Juggernaut (IM THE JUGGERNAUT BITCH, YOU CAN'T DEFEAT ME, I'LL BEAT YOU WITH YOUR OWN PIMP CANE)

Very rough ideas and just like everyone else, my ideas are the greatest ever and all of you that disagree you can go die in a fire.

The next expansion (after cata) should include heroic class upgrades for everyone and be capped at level 90. The whole time spent leveling from 85 to 90 will include one massively long quest chain that we be required to be completed before you can hit 90. Once you complete the quest you hit 90 and become your respective heroic class.
    nah
    only thing you got right there was arch druid