Deleted

Flametongue Weapon test data required (Enh)

We have discovered a potential issue with mastery and flametongue weapon and how it affects damage with no mastery rating on gear vs damage with mastery on gear. It seems that instead of a 20% fire damage boost from the base 8 mastery we are getting 2% (yes TWO percent) fire damage boost.

I suspect what we need is beta data on zero mastery rating for only Flametongue damage on both MH & OH, to check to see if its hand specific. Then with identical other stats and only changing mastery (eg: via mastery gem vs empty socket) repeat the tests. If you needed to go back to first test to check anything you could do that with replacing the mastery gem with a stamina one to remain dps stats neutral during the two tests. We are interested in the actual damage done per strike. If this sort of test can be done with different levels of mastery again ideally with NO change in any other dps stat (stamina gems vs mastery gems can achieve this) we might have a better set of data to get our minds working on a formulae.

Simple white damage only tests should be sufficient I think, we also don't want specials or procs to interfere, so ideally test with no proc based trinkets that might change the FT damage. Also DO NOT use any abilities we are testing flametongue damage here NOT SS, LL, searing totem etc etc. The idea is NOT to show off your dps but very very specifically to see what effect changing mastery has on flametongue damage. The test could be invalid if you have more spellpower or more haste or more crit between tests unless you specifically record what values you had at what time in the combat log.

To be valid tests it really needs to be a dummy or mobs that heal themselves where you can be fairly sure that others aren't putting debuffs on the target. eg: most target dummies you find others there and you get all sorts of buffs/debuffs from other classes changing your data. If that happens the test is invalid.

We will need a combatlog of the results to analyse please. Type /combatlog to turn on logging and /combatlog to turn it off.

What might be ideal if you can't find a quiet target dummy is using low level white weapons and hitting on the treants on the ground below dalaran as they heal up themselves indefinitely as long as your dps isn't to high that it kills them.

What we need as results is the mastery rating for each test, the weapon speeds for each test MH & OH, and your spellpower BEFORE you add the flametongue imbues. We also need the combat log so we can check that the test was valid (ie: no special buffs gained that skew the results.)

The more valid test results we get the stronger the case we have to convince Blizzard that there is a bug here and we aren't getting the full buff from our mastery. So please get testing.
    Last edited by mmoca7472cd2b9; 2010-10-29 at 10:04 PM.

I will gladly do this tonight around 7pm (server permitting), Does it matter if I do it with say only 1 piece of gear on or do you want it done with expertise/hit cap already in place? Plan was to do it with only 1 piece of gear on with two weapons and then socket mastery over stam and redo the white hits. Where are the combat logs stored? Are 10 minute intervals sufficient? Also how did you want me to get the logs to you? I could email them, upload to rapidshare, or just throw on some temp space I have on another website.

We're looking for the damage/hit so being hit capped is not an issue. Link the logs here so everyone can see them!

I am sry if I disturb you in any way but I was wondering if I can be sarcastic and do a dumb joke here because "lvl 85 will fix it" quote towards the people that didn't want to understand what the shaman community was talking about.

<Moderator edit: Nope you can't disrupt the thread and be sarcastic, you've received a warning infraction for your stupidity. Next time its a ban.>
    Last edited by mmoca7472cd2b9; 2010-10-29 at 09:59 PM.

Is this a problem thats only in beta atm or will it be on live aswell?

Deleted
    if this bug is also on live, i think i can help with this. or is this just a temporary bug on beta only?

Can you make combatlog record self only? It's recording everything.

And did a small test myself. With 5283 Sp after FT (4236 without) on MH I did 774 FT dmg. This is with 1240 Mastery (37%).
    After trinket use (+1425 Mastery or +20%, total 57%) I got 886 FT dmg.
    Same results with FT on OH

This seems to be correct with 20% base increase. (I think you can do the math yourself if you need )

Deleted
    Its definitely been seen on beta, it would be useful to test on live too its just SOOOO much harder on live to find a target dummy that isn't in use and cluttered with buffs from someone else. At least on beta folks are spamming "LF raid" and not testing things on the dummies. Sigh!!

---------- Post added 2010-10-29 at 10:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nirgal View Post

And did a small test myself. With 5283 Sp after FT (4236 without) on MH I did 774 FT dmg. This is with 1240 Mastery (37%).

This seems to be correct with 20% base increase. (I think you can do the math yourself if you need )
    No it will always record everything. All you do is upload it to WorldofLogs.com for example and you can filter it there. Actually a raw combat log is not great news for testing purposes its just too full of stuff. Ideally we want it uploaded to a site like worldoflogs.com and you post a link to that site. Remember with every link we NEED to know the weapon speeds on MH & OH, the total unbuffed spellpower and make sure the only sp buff is flametongue weapon PLEASE otherwise its useless.

---------- Post added 2010-10-29 at 11:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nirgal View Post

What weapon speeds? Can you post the logs so we can check there wasn't something odd at play. The idea is to check the formulae we've used for the last few years.
    Last edited by mmoca7472cd2b9; 2010-10-29 at 10:04 PM.

18% extra dmg for ft would probably ammount to 200 dps in fights like saurfang festergut, assuming you deal 6-8% of your dmg as ft and deal ~15k dps ( did 14.8 on thursday )

assuming mastery does not only work improper for ft, but other fire and frost spells as well (frostshock in pvp, flame shock, searing totem, mt/fn/fe aoe dmg, ll), this could be a major issue.
    Last edited by Omanley; 2010-10-29 at 10:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Deleted
    This is an example of test data posted by Rouncer

Naked with no spec - 2.0 speed white weapon - 115 spellpower base - 326 spellpower w/ FT = 162 damage FT
    Naked with Enh Spec but no talents - 312 spellpower base - 523 with FT = 206 damage FT

Predicted damage without mastery at 523 spellpower = 177
    Actual damage with no spec/mastery at 521 spellpower is between 177-178
    No logs as he knows what the hell he's doing he'd only post logs if it was contentious.

The reason for this post is that this is the level of detail we'd like. Saying exactly what was done what weapon speeds you had, what the buff was what the spellpower was, etc - careful attention to detail.

I'll do some testing on this tonight. The argent tourny dummies make good targets. hardly no one is there or using them. I'll try to get some logs up after.

so i think i messed up the wol but here it goes

1) no spec using beta's Smite's reaver and the sigil (2.6speed) base spell power was 129 (877 spell dmg with) = 286 - 287 average flametongue hit

2) same gear set up empty enh spec base spell power was 501 (1249 spell dmg with) = 370 - 371 average flametongue hit

3) same as last one but +40 mastery rating = 372 - 273 flametongue hit

wol: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i...9xj/details/0/

1: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i...?s=2634&e=2809

2: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i...0/?s=287&e=889

3: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i...?s=1683&e=2270

let me know if i did something wrong and ill do it again tomorrow.

Deleted
    i think that there are bound to be some dummies in silvermoon, thunder bluff or even undercity that are usable. i'll do a 10 minute AFK test with FT on both weapons, naked while i'm off to eat. is a screenshot of the recount screen that shows FT proc damage acceptable? i'll make a combatlog anyway.

edit: taking Rouncer's example:

weapon speed: 2.6, only MH, rest naked with a shield in OH; no stats.
    spell damage: 627, 332 without FT weapon.
    spec: enhancement, 4/32/0, nothing that affects flametongue weapon.
    mastery: just the base 8%, no rating.
    target dummy: in silvermoon.
    log file: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ayqyf2fyj9gtdlun/ (ignore the paladin and hunter. hunter attacked other dummy, paladin started attacking my dummy, i switched to another dummy with another level).
    damage from FT imbue: 278.6 damage hits, 417.8 damage crits.

i'm now going to unspec and retry the test. i'll see what i come up with.
    Last edited by mmocb0245d6bcb; 2010-10-30 at 01:57 PM.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I assume you dont want us using Black Bruise for example as well correct?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    I assume you dont want us using Black Bruise for example as well correct?
    the only issue is that you gain a minute amount of SP due to the AP>SP conversion. not a big issue. also, this solely concerns the damage that flametongue imbue deals. mastery does not affect shadow damage, nor does the black bruise proc affect your mastery or the base damage of FT imbue. in fact, this would be one of the better weapons to test with, since all but the white and grey weapons have stats that can have averse effects on your FT procs.