Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by 7itanium View Post
    its not a fucking bug fix patch, its a content patch.
    Every patch should have bug fixes regardless of content. Also this has no new content. We already downloaded everything for Cata. The only difference is that 4.0.3a is when they will turn it on. 4.0.3 literally has nothing minus some vendors missing so it's pointless to get on until they unlock content that wasn't already tested on the PTR last patch.

They said that there has been some tweaks to the various spells and classes that are going to be implemented in the 4.0.3 patch, so there is some actual testing to be done.

This can also be for a test for the .3 to .3a conversion, since in the past the "a" designation has been minor (but critical) bug fixes, with extremely small downloads and rolling restarts. For example, the current 4.0.1a patch is what fixed the nameplate and cogwheel disconnect issue.

Wow... Still no talk about these pre-events starting. What is going on over there? It's obvious they're not working on fixes for the multitudes of bugs and crashes in the game right now, so what in the world are they doing? Cata doesn't look too good right now if live is in the poor shape it's been since the last patch with no fixes in sight.

I'm pretty sure the 4.0.3 ptr is going up just so they can test the 4.0.3a upgrade/migration. Nothing to see yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro View Post
    Wow... Still no talk about these pre-events starting. What is going on over there? It's obvious they're not working on fixes for the multitudes of bugs and crashes in the game right now, so what in the world are they doing? Cata doesn't look too good right now if live is in the poor shape it's been since the last patch with no fixes in sight.
    You mean those bugs they fixed in 4.0.1a?
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

Quote Originally Posted by Salicylic View Post
    ...i try to download it and i have to re-download the 15g is that right?
    PTRs are always that big because they're more or less a second version of the full game client but with a test build instead of the current live patch.

Seems pretty pointless to me...

15+ Year Old Account
    I wish we could put up feedback on the ptr right now. Its pretty annoying how buggy combat is in ptr and in live. Like on one day everything is running smooth and then this morning I log on and as soon as I get into combat(in live and ptr) my movement is laggy and my character is hiccuping all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    You mean those bugs they fixed in 4.0.1a?
    There were more than 3 bugs in the game. There's still tons of random disconnects, GY glitch, not all spell textures showing up, quests items not properly respawning, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats it? The Nefarian/Onyxia fight seems rather lacking. Tune up the dmg will ya?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Dammit. I missed the bug where druids could fly around in the Old World. When I saw a guy flying (he had logged out in flight form), I had to know how he did it! I tested every single way to produce the bug, but to no avail. I guess the gods do not want me exploring Old World Azeroth with flight... -sigh-

10+ Year Old Account
    In the Death and despair of bein a newbie
    when i download i have to download 15g!!!!

fail1!!!!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathiest View Post
    (mo/day/yr n00b)
    great another american getting it wrong.

it's day/month/year, 1.234,5 and the metric system is the only correct one, come om it's isn't hard to understand

My guess is to test the pre-cata event which leads to the shattering (and new-old continents), which will all be in this PTR. So maybe final pre-cata events starting within the week?? Then the shattering on the PTR in 2 weeks??

10+ Year Old Account
    I am pretty excited to see how the events unfold. I am reading the shattering right now and I just cannot wait to see this expansion.

cant wait for the cata events to get better and amazing ).
    the elemental part is kinda lames