Deleted

Enh my personal opinion

So I've been playing enh shammy since vanilla (both PvE and PvP)... And I'm kinda upset with what's Blizz doing to us in Cataclysm...
    As far as our spec is concerned in PvP (it literally SUCKS)
    The passives and abbilities we get from ENH spec are totally PvE based.

Mental Quickness? - It increases only my spell damage (which is basically 2-3x frost shocks/earth shocks before I die) I hardly pull of a Lightning bolt since it's wasted for heal or hex.
    Primal Wisdom? - What's the point in regenerating mana... If I can't even burn it down?
    Mastery: Once again it looks more like Ele mastery bonus than Enh one.
    (all of those above, work just fine as far as PvE is concerned - and I'm ok with that)
    (But for PvP it's just useless piece of garbage)

Pally as a contrast
    Even their spec ability pwns us at every aspect (Templar's Verdict) - 225% dmg (just cool)
    combined with 2h specialization hey it's additional 20%
    Mastery: Hey I don't burn my holy power (spam spam spam)
    Not to mention freakin Hammers that hits for 10k dmg...

Please don't consider this topic as a (Pallies > Shammies in PvP). I used those examples to clarify how their spec abillities work togather in order to achieve better effects in both PvP and PvE... (I took pally as an example becouse he supposed to be hybrid just like us right?) ekhem... where is the tax? :P

Unleash elements... I had big hope for this spell to give us some serious dmg boost (but once again it sucks)
    Spirit Walker? - Oh look I can run and heal myself at the same time (while mage stabs me with ice lance for the same amount I healed myself) -Use grounding totem idiot... Yea then another lance hits my back...
    Haste stacking - hmm Okay (but still how Am I supossed to make it full Maelstrom wep) if I need to cast things like heal in order to survive before reaching 5 stacks

My point is that we as Enhs are tooooo spell dependant... (We should be freakin brutes hiting everything on our way with a Meele weapon which occasionally pops out some element effect - just like it was in vanilla) - our prime abilities are pushed back away in order to make space for something new that doesn't necessarily work for us or can't be combined to achieve positive effects...

I somehow feel like Blizz doesn't know what to do with our spec... They want us to become dual wielders, which was a bad idea from the very begining... They could atleast change the tree to support both 2h and 2x 1h just like in the case of frost DKs. Changing Maelstrom mechanics would help a little aswell...

Still Enh is fun but becomes more and more complicated with every new expansion
    And with the new rated BG system... I wouldn't recommend anyone taking enh shammy into comp cuz this spot could be filled with something way more useful)

Yes I'm a beta tester :P

It might be a QQ thread but still I want to share my opinion
    Last edited by mmocde15ca192d; 2010-10-29 at 05:43 PM.

Plenty of QQ threads already. Reported (your assertions are terrible ftr).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LyskaWF View Post
    It might be a QQ thread but still I want to share my opinion... and see the thoughs of other people

mind reading the whole post before you report? thanks...

Honestly as an enhancement shaman, I agree that the new shaman spells aren't really great for enhancement shaman... they aren't awful... but they are definitely more useful for elemental/resto shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodacz View Post
    (We should be freakin brutes hiting everything on our way with a Meele weapon which occasionally pops out some element effect - just like it was in vanilla) - our prime abilities are pushed back away in order to make space for something new that doesn't necessarily work for us or can't be combined to achieve positive effects...
    Who says? I've played an enhancement shaman just as long as you claim to have; and I find the balance to feel just about right. BC left the raiding Enhancement Shaman idling for multiple GCDs at a time, having subadequate DPS (in comparison to other melee DPS) and generally only justifying a raid spot for the buffs they brought. Wrath, in my opinion, went too far the other way; a single misused GCD could cause upwards of a 10% drop in sustained DPS (percentage is approximate and estimated from my personal simulation and experience).

I'm a Beta Tester, a veteran player of the spec at endgame across all content and something of an enthusiast and I have to say; your personal opinion is in no way representative of the entire community. Unless you're willing to provide combat parses and solid theorycraft to support your wild assumption; please be quiet and stop feeding the reputation shaman players have as crybabies.

I somehow feel like Blizz doesn't know what to do with our spec... They want us to become dual wielders, which was a bad idea from the very begining... They could atleast change the tree to support both 2h and 2x 1h just like in the case of frost DKs. Changing Maelstrom mechanics would help a little aswell...

Still Enh is fun but becomes more and more complicated with every new expansion
    And with the new rated BG system... I wouldn't recommend anyone taking enh shammy into comp cuz this spot could be filled with something way more useful)

Yes I'm a beta tester :P
    This.

---------- Post added 2010-10-29 at 07:34 PM ----------

llandrywyn, for someone who created a new forum account, I don't even count you opnion as valid. Just a flamer ...
    Last edited by Cimento; 2010-10-29 at 06:37 PM. Reason: identify last comment user

2H forever ...

Quote Originally Posted by Cimento View Post
    llandrywyn, for someone who created a new forum account, I don't even count you opnion as valid. Just a flamer ...
    That is the most ignorant statement I have ever seen on this forum. If you can't accept the opinion of other people regardless of what their post count is or when their account was created you don't deserve to speak yourself.

Enhancement does seem to include a lot of abilities that would benefit ele or even resto better than itself but from my experience so far my dps has not been much lower than most other classes. The only problem I have is how I seem to have moments where I just sit doing nothing for even 5+ seconds at a time.
    Last edited by JAKACHAN; 2010-10-29 at 08:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by llandrywyn View Post
    Who says? I've played an enhancement shaman just as long as you claim to have; and I find the balance to feel just about right. BC left the raiding Enhancement Shaman idling for multiple GCDs at a time, having subadequate DPS (in comparison to other melee DPS) and generally only justifying a raid spot for the buffs they brought. Wrath, in my opinion, went too far the other way; a single misused GCD could cause upwards of a 10% drop in sustained DPS (percentage is approximate and estimated from my personal simulation and experience).
    sry that has nothing to do with pvp

First of all I don't care about your funky PvE beating content and what CD pop up at what time... Cuz that has nothing to do with PvP.
    Secondly I don't care about Vanilla and TBC... I'm talking about where this all is heading.
    And last and most important... You don't need to be a freakin theory crafter in order to come up with a conclusion as far as PvP is concerned... You jsut need a setup and brainz (no maths)

You are just a perfect example of someone who has no idea about what is ur talking about...
    Cuz from what I read from ur post you never did any arenas.

Sidenote:
    Due to our spell dmg nature since 4.0.1 ... We will find it difficult to play again in Shammy/Hunter setup
    Last edited by mmocde15ca192d; 2010-10-29 at 09:49 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mental Quickness? - It increases only my spell damage (which is basically 2-3x frost shocks/earth shocks before I die) I hardly pull of a Lightning bolt since it's wasted for heal or hex.
    Spell power is incresing healing also that one and other thing that Mental Quickness is also lowering costs of any instant ability, like totems and shocks so its werry usefull expecially in pvp situations where you have to refresh totems often

Primal Wisdom? - What's the point in regenerating mana... If I can't even burn it down?
    question is how much resi you have on this beta char, you may die fast when everyone are doing dps on lvl 85 close to 20k and no one have resi, cose shaman dont have to many stuns and life saving abilities compared to other clases, its same way as going to pvp in pve gear on lvl 80 it will suck, and you will die in duration of one long stun most of the time

Mastery: Once again it looks more like Ele mastery bonus than Enh one.
    (all of those above, work just fine as far as PvE is concerned - and I'm ok with that)
    (But for PvP it's just useless piece of garbage)
    our mastery is pasive and it maybe hard to see at begining but it scale werry well with gear so its a bit to early to discus about how much it is worth, or how bad it is, its working with every ability beside WF and white attacks, so its like 70% of our dmg table and its pretty valuable

i can admit that searing flames mehanic is in my opinion not best suited to pvp but beside that we have werry nice things added like :
    -ghost wolf, which work indoors
    -glyphed shamanistic rage that dispells magic debuffs on use (its working on pala stun also )
    -15% run speed increse
    -unlimited mana if you can keep up with target (which is not that hard)
    -cheap purges and all instant spells including totems
    -epensive but efective and easy to cast Healing Surge
    -feral spirits with 30% shorter cd

im not sure there is really a reason to QQ at this point of beta lets wait till PvP will be tested, if it will hapen anyway

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"