Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Underpopulated Capital Cities

Why are all of the Horde capital cities except Orgrimmar underpopulated? I can see why Exodar and Darnassus are since they are cut off from the rest of the world. Why so much hate for Silvermoon, Undercity, and Thunderbluff?

Undercity is like a maze, silvermoon is out of the way, both are on the alliance continent and Thunderbluff, if you fall (easy to do) you die.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathHunter View Post
    Undercity is like a maze, silvermoon is out of the way, both are on the alliance continent and Thunderbluff, if you fall (easy to do) you die.
    Reasonable enough

Silvermoon looks the best. I usually hang out there cause org is ugly
    Also, how do you get lost in a circle?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    UC isnt that underpopulated, TB is kinida, SM is dead thoguh i would like to see ways to encourage players to go to the other cities at the max level during non holiday "visit this thing in every god damn city/town/and dungeon ever created/to be created."
    "We are not tools of the goverment or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I fought for what I believed in." -Gray Fox-

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, it varies. On my server at least there's usually a fair few people idling in Undercity, the 'bluff and Silvermoon. Then again it's an RP server.

Orgrimmar will only become more popular though, I imagine. It looks so killer on beta.

Undercity is annoying because it's too easy to fall off ramps and steps.

And don't even get me STARTED on the elevators...

i personally like TB, don't get dismounted when you port in, don't get dismounted at the AH or GBank, easy to get HK's on my shaman and boomkin. i know you can say the same thing about UC for the dismount thing, but trying to get a tauren out of the city without dismounting is impossible, unless you're a druid.

Thunderbluff is a death trap right now. Flying mounts will solve that problem. But in the meantime - NO THANKS.

One wrong turn on a rope bridge = corpse run + repair costs.

Quote Originally Posted by ikotanya View Post
    i personally like TB, don't get dismounted when you port in, don't get dismounted at the AH or GBank, easy to get HK's on my shaman and boomkin. i know you can say the same thing about UC for the dismount thing, but trying to get a tauren out of the city without dismounting is impossible, unless you're a druid.

TB is my favorite also

10+ Year Old Account
    i tend to stay in Thunderbluff more then Org i just like how it looks plus its somewhat calming to chill in thunderbluff

10+ Year Old Account
    I tend to stay in Thunder Bluff, it's much more quiet and tranquil, and the outdoor AH and GB is very convenient. And it is not a death trap.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catforum View Post
    Also, how do you get lost in a circle?
    I've been thinking the same thing.. How is UC a maze... Easier to navigate than in any of the other cities.

I've always seen activity in the Undercity I mean its pretty much a hub if you want to quest in the UC not so much SM but it has the same problem Darn and Exodar have being on the tip of nowhere.

15+ Year Old Account
    i mostly hand out in silvermoon since everything i need to live is near from each other,
    -paladin trainer and halls
    -reforge
    -Bank/AH
    -a free TP to Undercity from which i can take the zep to org IF i need to.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    plus orgrimmar is getting revamped. Might as well get used to it, its gonna be "the" hub.

Unless Silvermoon/Exodar get added to the main map, these two will never become very populated. Atm I think though that Stormwind and Orgrimmar will remain the most popular towns. Ironforge though might liven up more with the new raid there at Blackrock and it being closer to the other raid instance as well.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

If anything org has the worst layout of the horde cities, other than silver moon, which is just terrible. With everything being so spread out, and difficult to reach (valley of spirits from valley of srength anyone?), and uc is basically as efficient as possible using that circle layout, and tb using the three centre rises, and the three outer bluffs is also excellent, if you honestly have a hard time living in tb, and finding your way through uc, that's just hilarious.

Orgrimmar is basically popular, because it is so popular!
    Last edited by scudmuffin; 2010-10-29 at 08:57 PM.

Undercity is a maze? Really? I forgot when circles were hard to figure out.

Blizzard wants to populate the underpopulated capital cities. So what do they do? They put the new zone portals all in the de facto capital cities and provide the capital cities with the primary updates. Go figure.