Poll: Which do you think is better for PvP worgen darkflight or goblin rocket jump?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Dark Flight sharing a CD with Sprint makes both me, and my pants, very sad.

Why not make the Gnome racial share a CD with Heroic Fury while they're at it? Or maybe the Forsaken racial and Berserker Rage? God forbid having a racial similar to a class skill.

Only race in the entire damned game to have a Racial share a CD with a class skill.. wonderful.
    Last edited by Mixxy; 2010-11-03 at 03:43 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Goblin jump gets around snares completely, and you can extend the range with a parachute the same way you can with disengage. Any maps with any small z-axis variance are going to have some seriously pimped out spots for goblin hops. I've been leveling a goblin on beta and pre-flight world exploration offers some seriously amazing and sometimes life-saving uses (hopping resets your falls, albeit with almost a second of lag time).

That said, it's pretty easy to seriously fuck it up and just get yourself into more trouble, so the easy-to-use sure thing is definitely darkflight.

But then you'd have to be a worgen.

Ew. Yiff in hell.
    Narfwak - Elemental Shaman
    <FH>
    Black Dragonflight-US

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rfwak/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Narfwak View Post
    Goblin jump gets around snares completely, and you can extend the range with a parachute the same way you can with disengage. Any maps with any small z-axis variance are going to have some seriously pimped out spots for goblin hops. I've been leveling a goblin on beta and pre-flight world exploration offers some seriously amazing and sometimes life-saving uses (hopping resets your falls, albeit with almost a second of lag time).

That said, it's pretty easy to seriously fuck it up and just get yourself into more trouble, so the easy-to-use sure thing is definitely darkflight.

But then you'd have to be a worgen.

Ew. Yiff in hell.
    Because werewolf = furry now, amirite?

Anyhoo, I'm expecting to see some pretty fucking impressive combinations of Rocket Jumps and other skills/items in Cata. Rocket Jump and Thunderstorm, for example. Shoot up to some Alli and knock them off a cliff before they've even realized what hit them.
    Also gives the entire Goblin race the ability to fly up, attack an AFK person on a flier, then avoid fall damage at the last second, no matter the class or spec.

Also, Engineering hand rocket + Racial hand rocket = pretty decent ranged burst on a fleeing foe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythren View Post
    How can something share cooldown with spring? and how long is it by the way? 9 months? :P
    nono that's the cooldown of having a baby

I can see rocket jump being more effective in bgs.

You can fall off ledges and rocket jump to avoid damage, even combine it with engineering to get more results. The possibilities are endless!

Now darkflight... yeah sure i'd love to sprint on my lock.
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaild0rf View Post
    nono that's the cooldown of having a baby
    I believe tha's channelled. Baby cooldown is about 2-3 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marilina View Post
    well if you use disengage and rocket pack at the same time, you get torn apart
    *Mind Explodes*

one major reason rocket jump sucks.

you cant land and run, even if you hold down the run button, you dont move when you land, you have to hit the run button again. no matter what you do you have a split second where you are "rooted" to the ground.
    To break it down even an even lower level, if The Rock looks at his hand, looks back at you, looks at his hand, and looks back at you again and you still don't know to move, you deserve the smack down.-mmo champion forum poster

Deleted
    Depends on what class you wanna play, for example a rogue benefits from roket jump only since darkflight shares cd with sprint. I think that range classes(casters) will have a better use of roket jump and warrior/hunter -> darkflight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ormula View Post
    Darkflight shares a cooldown with spring and dash. =[
    No, it doesn't. At least not with dash but I don't see why it would share a CD with sprint either. They don't design racials to be useless for some classes.

---------- Post added 2010-11-04 at 10:24 PM ----------

Just as a follow up on that: after checking in the beta I can confirm that sprint and darkflight indeed don't share a cooldown either. Also darkflight doesn't break stealth unlike what I've read somewhere. I suppose it might have done those things in previous builds because of bugs but now it works exactly like sprint (or a form-agnostic dash)
    Last edited by mmoc3b5baf071b; 2010-11-04 at 09:25 PM.