Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveykin View Post
    I've never heard of anyone getting banned for anything but GM Island and Medivh's Closet because those require bigger exploits. Really looking more for feedback rather than a slap on the hand from mom.
    Medivh's closet you say? I've heard of the crypts but not that this has piqued my interest.

I used the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth.
    I just faction changed to a belf, I'm gonna go there and see if I can do it again

Quote Originally Posted by Aveykin View Post
    I've never heard of anyone getting banned for anything but GM Island and Medivh's Closet because those require bigger exploits. Really looking more for feedback rather than a slap on the hand from mom.
    GM Island does not require any "bigger exploits" than glitching through the Kara wall to get to. You just need to be an Engineer and know where to jump from.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been everywhere but Hyjal in-game (even GM Island - got teleported out by a GM after about 30 minutes of exploring) and I've never once received a ban or suspension in any way.

On-topic: I'll have to try this method tomorrow. Most of the places I used to get to by using a mammoth mount to hop through the wall got fixed in 4.0.1 for me. :< I haven't been to the crypts in a while, though, so I can give this a shot.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

Yea, it looks like they fucked the imba mammoth power with the patch -.-

15+ Year Old Account
    My friend and I are both mages - human male and female draenei trying to get into Kara crypts using the method found here - xxx URL
    Not really a clever idea to promote a hacking / botting / exploit site on a fan/newsite is it?

You could've still asked the same question without needing to link that page..

10+ Year Old Account
    Fixed, thanks for the concern. Link was because they broke the old way to do it. When I should have done it. :x

Aerie Peak 90 / 90 / 90 / 90 / 90 / 90 / 86 / 90 / 90 Kel'Thuzad 90 Tichondrius 90 / 90

Quote Originally Posted by Keh View Post
    Not really a clever idea to promote a hacking / botting / exploit site on a fan/newsite is it?

As explained on the entirety of the first page, exploration is fine.

The people that love exploring without mods are really a boon to a game. They find exploits and are fascinated by the limitations of the in-game physical world. This helps finding bugs and exploits, as well as illuminating many mysteries of the gameworld. Some areas are like a looking-glass to a developers world.
    Last edited by Valicen; 2010-10-30 at 08:16 AM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    "Idiocracy" becoming reality in the US, "Planet of the Apes" becoming a reality in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Milanor View Post
    I've been everywhere but Hyjal in-game (even GM Island - got teleported out by a GM after about 30 minutes of exploring) and I've never once received a ban or suspension in any way.

On-topic: I'll have to try this method tomorrow. Most of the places I used to get to by using a mammoth mount to hop through the wall got fixed in 4.0.1 for me. :< I haven't been to the crypts in a while, though, so I can give this a shot.
    You've been to the Emerald dream?

Ima ask what someone before me asked, what the hell is Medivh's Closet? I've never heard of it before?

Quote Originally Posted by Gozzu View Post
    Ima ask what someone before me asked, what the hell is Medivh's Closet? I've never heard of it before?
    Me either, and google only links to this thread.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Deleted
    I just tried in Beta, but as you can obviously understand, mounting or jumping walls isn't necessary any more to get to the roof of things: we can fly everywhere. Though I am a Tauren and probably too big for it to work, I think I can safely say this method has been fixed in 4.0.3, since the whole crypt building is now a solid model.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keh View Post

site =/= vid?

10+ Year Old Account
    The video was filmed in 4.0, don't think the building is an issue. Also "Medivh's Closet" may just be what the guy I know of who went there called it. It's just a room at the top of instanced Kara.

Aerie Peak 90 / 90 / 90 / 90 / 90 / 90 / 86 / 90 / 90 Kel'Thuzad 90 Tichondrius 90 / 90

Can you still blink/unstuck in? Worked last time I tried in 3.3

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, they fixed it. :[ Sheafie's way is the only way I've seen that works in 4.0.

15+ Year Old Account
    On the topic of safety: I've had friends be strictly warned by GMs for being in Hyjal, once knew someone who got ported off IF air strip by a GM. Never known anyone to be banned, but as with anything that's against their rules YMMV.

On the topic of the topic: My only mage is a male troll as it happens, so I really can't test it for you unfortunately. I don't see why the model would matter, though, unless it's a model that modifies mount size (such as gnome or tauren). Are you both using the mammoth mount as he is?

Sig by Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    He's using a mammoth and I was using an elekk. Sheafie's confirmed that you can do it on a mammoth as a human male so I guess my friend is just bad. But he's been in there plenty before 4.0 so doesn't really care too much.

Deleted
    Ive been everywhere in game and all i got was a warning from a gm saying it was against there terms or summit :O

15+ Year Old Account
    It's probably something to do with the mammoth mount, then. I don't have one of those because they sit way too high for my taste. Bummer.

Sig by Isilrien