Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The fact that Eng tinkers now stack with other enchants seals the deal for me. While they aren't always impressive the facts stated previously about WHEN and HOW you use them is spot on. Don't forget the Mind Amp Dish is also good for +45 Stam in addition to the MC...10min Cd is pretty painful but stam is always nice!

Also the boots are awesome for a class that is kiteable...offensively or defensively, they save me often.

There is also some great stuff in Cata for Eng with the addition of Eng Helm only "gems" in the form of cogs and pumps with 3 times the benefit of end-game gems as well as our own version of the healing injector and my personal fav...a boomarang you throw at corpses to loot them at range

read more: http://www.worldofraids.com/topic/17...ering-preview/
    Last edited by Bubblesworth; 2010-11-03 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeskalol View Post
    Thank you for giving me the tools with which to help knock sense into you.

Having a much wider selection of tools IN ADDITION TO the non-profession specific alchemy potions gives me more of an incentive to go engineering. Why would I go alchemy and limit myself to an RNG proc (which may or may not be what I want) when I can go Engineering, get that tool set (which has backfires that are actually pretty useful at times), and still benefit from Alchemy?

What do you get from Engineering that as a non-Engineer you can use? Discombobulator Ray, Healing/Mana potion injectors, and smoke flares. Nothing else is usable (as in on-use) by a non-Engineer.

What do you get from Engineering that only an Engineer can use? Frag Grenades, Frost Grenades, Explosive Sheep (yes, useful), Nitro Boosts, Pyro Rocket, Parachute Cloak, Fire/Frost/Shadow reflector trinkets, etc, etc. The Engineering toolbox is *huge*.

Inversely, what can you get from Alchemy that as a non-Alchemist you can use? Free Action Potion, Living Action Potion, any of the healing potions, all the other spell effect potions, rage potion if you're a druid or a warrior, etc.

What can you get from Alchemy that only an Alchemist can use? The trinkets (40% is huge, yo, when the other trinkets you get later on in the game grossly outscale them), the drake (lol), the 'special' flask of the North, and the Mad/Crazy Alchemist potion (gogo RNG proc).

You are to busy "talking" to actually listen. My point was:

DO WHATEVER PROFESSIONS YOU LIKE BECAUSE THEY WILL NOT MATTER THAT MUCH IN RATED BGS.

Many profession items seem very powerful NOW, because most BGs are full of idiots who barely know red=dead. Experienced and talented players are not going to be thrown by ANY profession's toys. They will still be useful on occasion, if used smartly, but they are not going to be the clutch gamebreakers you make them out to be at the top end of the Ratings. If they do become gamebreakers they will be nerfed.
    Eating animals is the highest form of vegetarianism; after all, what does a cow eat? Vegetables. So, what is a cow but highly concentrated vegetables?

Deleted
    For pvp Engi will always be good.

Rockethands perhaps isnt much dmg now but it has arround 45 yards wich is awsome for rogues, totems or just for keeping players in combat.

Parachute isn't realy combat but its always nice to fly of LM + it gives extra spell power. ( not sure if this one stacks with other enchant )

Rocketboots is Superb in bg or any pvp envirorment. You mainly dont need it but if used wisely it can change the outcome of the fight defensive and offensivly.

Grenadebuckle thingie is also nice for interupting cast, extra stun or whatever.

+ we get an extra engi gem!!!

In cataclysm blizzard also said that as engi's we get some kind of money making ability and ofcourse the new rocket hands or something like that wont hit for 1.5k...

FOR PVP, ENGI WILL ALWAYS BE GOOD and ofcourse FUN!!!!
    Last edited by mmocebb8a46868; 2010-11-03 at 11:47 AM. Reason: GEM

I'll go engineering + jc for sure on my warrior because I already got jc and engineering looks really fun (and useful )