10+ Year Old Account

Question MMO-Champion mobile compatability?

Hi! Been a longtime reader of the site and just today decided to make an account here. It's nice to interact with you all finally. Unfortunately my time on WoW and my laptop in general is limited, because I'm on the road and traveling a lot. Most of the time I have to sneak quick looks from my mobile browser here and there during the day. Other folks that I work with also use iPhones to do the same.

My only real issue is that it's tough to navigate the site like this. Mainly the links at the top of the screen, where selections such as Home, Forums, Private Messages, etc are placed. I don't know if a full-out mobile app for the site is necessary, but are there any plans to make the site and/or forums a little bit more mobile-friendly, either by a redesign or a mobile version (that can hopefully be toggled on and off)?

If this question has already been asked, then I apologize; as I did not search beforehand. If this topic is an issue or in the wrong place please feel free to re/move/merge it. Thanks for bearing with me and I hope to gain some interesting insight here; even though I've had to take on a more casual play-style as of late.

Im using and been using a droid 2 on this site for a while now with no problems except sometimes if I click on a post it goes to the bottom. But not a big deal with a" go to top" button

I completely support this, another thing is that most mobile devices cant load all the front page posts at once especially if they are image heavy.

Dunno what you're talking about, MMO-Champ navigates just fine on my iPod Touch and iPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

mmo-champion loads fast and nice in my iphone 4 and my wifes 3gs (if you have trouble pressing links on your iphone, Make sure you have your iphone in landscape mode, and double tap the screen to zoom in on links, If that dont work, do finger exercise there too fat mate :P)
    Last edited by xcritoriousx; 2010-10-31 at 04:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It loads fine in the experience that I and some friends using mobile devices indeed; I just find the top links and forum links to be a bit too small and really hard to navigate without zooming in ultra-tight.

The site works fine on my phone, I don't think it needs any major tweaks.

Deleted
    Ive got an iPhone 4, using Safari there and cant complain really. Even the "rolling menus" such as the Quick Navigation work well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not an Application planned, but I think that people will be pleased with Mobile Use once the Forum Update hits.
    So lets wait with suggestions for this and that until the upgrade is complete, shall we?
    Dawwwwwww

15+ Year Old Account
    Using android and opera mini works like a charm.

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

MMO-champion works perfectly fine on my iPhone 3gs.

But an mmo-champion app would be interesting.

The new design loads a lot faster on my Android phone than the old one but a proper CSS for handhelds would be greatly appreciated. A List Apart has a rather good article on handheld CSS.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire Geek View Post
    The new design loads a lot faster on my Android phone than the old one but a proper CSS for handhelds would be greatly appreciated. A List Apart has a rather good article on handheld CSS.
    Its not that the designers are not aware how to make a mobile version (destroy this, destroy that. There, its compact), but its just not on the top of their list.

If you are a daredevil, and want to risk your life for this option, then you are welcome to come on IRC and spam all the Admins there.
    Dawwwwwww

For the time being, making an actual mobile style would be a waste of time IMO.