Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Haha, been noticing that too. And have to agree that I in many fights move instantly based on the sounds from for example dbm lol. Its in the Spine now to move when dbm tells me, even if its sometimes another blue message popping up, one saying not to move . Similar to things on the floor. As I have a resto druid myself tho, I did get what that new green stuff was pretty quick (thankfully lol).
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

10+ Year Old Account
    imo make it look like a greenish mist, not technically even ON the floor :O

edit: nevermind green mist looks like plague...make it blue

Quote Originally Posted by Davesmason View Post
    Unfortunately, there's usually one in a raid that will take things to their most basic level - "Don't stand in the fire? Okay, I won't stand in ANYTHING!" or "Run the little slime to the tank with the big slime? OKAY! I'll just wade through this huge green slime pool to do so." or, as I'm sure we've all experienced... "Run away from the middle for defile? Okay I'll run ALL THE WAY over here and stick here for a while... Hey wait! Why is this Valk'yr dropping me off the edge so fast?!"

The mechanic is fantastic, but as Liesel put it, I think it could do with being less toxic-looking!
    mage in my guild is exactly like that. if any deadly game mechanic sprouts anywhere near her she runs half way across the room to make sure it doesn't hit her. needless to say, she never dies to stuff but her DPS is always in the toilet. When we yell at her to quit running around so much she goes too far in the other direction. does amazing DPS and dies in the first thing that comes her way. we have just given up at this point. told her to just stay alive so i dont have to waste a brez on her.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    Hand of Gul'dan bothers me the most, because it actually looks harmful but the other stuff doesn't seem to phase me.

Effloresence does have a "slight" graphic, You see green leafs floating up. I dont think many notice and healing raids i saw a few people running out of it. If it sprouted aload of flowers and grass, People probs think "ooo friendly" and stand in it.

15+ Year Old Account
    People should already know the tactics in ICC, if they move from it they aren't following the tactics :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    People should already know the tactics in ICC, if they move from it they aren't following the tactics :P
    There's tactics? Weren't they replaced with "RUN IN AND HERO/BLOODLUST" as soon as the buff started appearing?

Timing is half the battle - Sticking it under the melee on Festergut is a great plan and works fine until the tank notices it and shifts the boss away from the "Green slime"...

I just feel the basic idea of it is flawed, after so many years of telling people to get out of stuff on the floor - it's there in their head and they will continue to do so, even when they know what it does and go "Oh yeah, that one's friendly" - That's still healing wasted. Perhaps it would have been better to have it as a mechanic that spread from the target? Kind of like the Swiftmended target gains that for 8 seconds, and will pass it on to anyone within 8 yards, with that new person gaining the buff at whatever duration was left on the original person's buff? Basically the same but done purely through buffs rather than graphics. It'd make me feel much more like a ninja-druid, sneaking heals to unsuspecting melee at the very least!
    Maybe in cata they won't have green dots ect i don't know but ive never encountered a problem with and always stand inside it. Raid awareness is one key to surviving a encounter. You should be able to tell if its bad/good. Suggest to druid to only use at certain times when nothing else can be hiding under it?

Sindragosa for example P2, Throw it where you want range to stack, everyone inside green circle works great especially with pugs :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Adapt.

15+ Year Old Account
    I play the beta... and I still have to type out... "Guys if you see the big blue circle with what looks like Rain.... DONT MOVE OUT OF IT" (healing rain for shaman)

Because I know what it is and what it does I am always running to it when I see it if I need heals.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Was that uninformative and anticlimactic enough? .

Deleted
    Same goes for the new spell for priests, Holy Word: Sanctuary. Sometimes its a fun to throw it under the people who you know will panic

15+ Year Old Account
    People with the mental capacity of a 4 year old will know the difference between standing in something that hurts and something that heals you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondieOne View Post
    Funny enough, I went though 7 ICC Bosses until someone finally goes "WTF is that Green Shit?!" -- Just to find that 7/10 Raid members have been trying to avoid it in the past bosses.

They only realised that it wasn't a boss mechanic when I was having fun with it before a boss. Kinda sad really.. haha.

But I think they could have made it less.. 'I'm going to kill you' looking? Maybe some more flowers etc? You know, make it more hippy looking.
    Yeah first time I noticed this was H-25 lady deathwhisper. They should add something because at quick glance it looked like HER d&d.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    People with the mental capacity of a 4 year old will know the difference between standing in something that hurts and something that heals you.
    At a quick glance, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Correlia View Post
    Small problem with what you said. Have you seen the putricide encounter? Yes the graphics are different but the color is very close if not exactly the same unless blizzard has gotten rid of green bad stuff on the floor in cata.
    Same goes for the DnD from LDW

Also, once you cast it you can go stand on it yourself (assuming it's a safe area), to encourage others that see you to know that it's there to help, not harm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had the exact same problem tanking on my DK back in 3.0. All the melee hurried up to get away from my DnD
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

It has leaves coming out of it. It looked pretty resto druidy to me.

---------- Post added 2010-10-31 at 04:47 PM ----------

There's tactics? Weren't they replaced with "RUN IN AND HERO/BLOODLUST" as soon as the buff started appearing?
    Errr....no.

Deleted
    I agree with those, who think that this is a brilliant design. Moving from stuff on floor requires reflex - to hell with reflexes, machines have reflexes. People shold use their brains for once, and the more certain mechanic requires usage of brains, the better it is. Three cheers for Efflorescence! No mercy for the dumb.

Deleted
    I have a similar problem as a warlock, Every time i drop hand of Guldan on a mob, the tank goes and moves the mob away from it. Ruining the bonus it gives to my pet and making it useless. Its one of the teething problems of new abilities, it takes a while for players to realise what is and isnt a dangerous thing and when to not run out of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    When the first white (priesty) circle goes down on Halion I always have a tiny flit of fright (especially since it's in the middle of the damn raid, lol)!

Will just take time to really get used to it, I do think the design has merit though.