Thread: Questing mod?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Questing mod?

Are there any good questing mods left now that QuestHelper is dead?

10+ Year Old Account
    They're really unnecessary now. The default UI marks quests on your map, puts an arrow pointing towards your selected quest on the minimap, shows a picture of what certain NPCs look like...

can't stand the default one =(

Quote Originally Posted by mandizzle View Post
    you get the quest, and go to where it says on the map, problem?

I'd recommend WoW-Pro's addon, it's an addon version of the free James guides.
    You can find it at http://wow-pro.com/wowpro_addon

Well a combination of Lightheaded and Tomtom is always a nice addition to have when you're questing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementlawl View Post
    I'd recommend WoW-Pro's addon, it's an addon version of the free James guides.
    You can find it at http://wow-pro.com/wowpro_addon
    Yeah that's good. But only good if you want a guide to show you what to do. If you want to take your own path, just use blizzards questhelper. It's got better in the latest patch, an arrow on the minimap telling you where to go.

Quote Originally Posted by bcl0328 View Post
    you get the quest, and go to where it says on the map, problem?
    Exactly this. It has never been easier to quest and old farts like me hate it. How anyone could stand to have it put any further into auto-pilot is beyond me.

yeah, new one is pretty good, i just dont like the mini map arrow, pointing to one quest at a time then telling me to hand it in.
    whats wrong with doing a great big loop and handing them all in at once
    any way of turning the arrow off?

Definitely go with http://wow-pro.com/wowpro_addon !

I managed to get nine 80's with this baby cause it made questing more bearable by knowing exactly where to go and what to do. By 80 number 7 I didn't even need the add on anymore, I had the routine stuck in my head. >.< Currently working on 80 number ten :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mandizzle View Post
    May I ask what in particular causes you to dislike it? I've seen a few people say they don't like the in-game one with absolutely no reasoning as to why. Just doesn't make much sense to me.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by Elysia View Post
    May I ask what in particular causes you to dislike it? I've seen a few people say they don't like the in-game one with absolutely no reasoning as to why. Just doesn't make much sense to me.
    They probably don't like it because they have to look at the map to see where to go instead of the arrow telling them. Oh, and actually reading the quest text to find out what to do. I don't mind the game one personally, I just rather use the addon to make it a little quicker.

Carbonite is still probably one of the best around. The thing even tells you when enemy alliance/horde are near, which is pretty great.

i use carbonite. it tells you when you've finished a quest so youre not killing, killing, and killing without realizing the item you needed already dropped. and i love carbonite's map. you can adjust the size of the window, zoom in and out, and change the opacity. and unlike the default map it actually highlights the whole area you can find the mob instead of just putting a stupid dot with a number on it.

and something that might go unnoticed to some, but i really like, it gives you a time estimate on your flight paths so you know how long it'll be until you land.

http://www.carboniteaddon.com/
    Last edited by balgus82; 2010-10-31 at 08:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    They probably don't like it because they have to look at the map to see where to go instead of the arrow telling them. Oh, and actually reading the quest text to find out what to do. I don't mind the game one personally, I just rather use the addon to make it a little quicker.
    Lol, there is an arrow that tells you where to go, you can even scale the minimap down to have it with you on your screen while you quest, so you have an idea where other nearby quests are completed.

I also fail to see why people aren't using the default one. The addons are usually a huge resource hog, since they contain all of the quest data, and require a lot of updates.
    Warlock (SL main)

The default one is so good now, I haven't even bothered to look at questing add-ons.

i dont use the default because i hate not being able to adjust the map to where and how i want it.

Quote Originally Posted by balgus82 View Post
    i use carbonite. it tells you when you've finished a quest so youre not killing, killing, and killing without realizing the item you needed already dropped. and i love carbonite's map. you can adjust the size of the window, zoom in and out, and change the opacity. and unlike the default map it actually highlights the whole area you can find the mob instead of just putting a stupid dot with a number on it.

and something that might go unnoticed to some, but i really like, it gives you a time estimate on your flight paths so you know how long it'll be until you land.

http://www.carboniteaddon.com/

Agreed, Carbonite is awsome, and that includes battlegrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by enfermera View Post
    yeah, new one is pretty good, i just dont like the mini map arrow, pointing to one quest at a time then telling me to hand it in.
    whats wrong with doing a great big loop and handing them all in at once
    any way of turning the arrow off?

You do realize that you don't have to follow that arrow all the time and that you are free to do that loop to finish a couple of quests before you return.

I just ignore the arrow, works great for me. But if you can turn it off somewhere I would suspect it's done in interface.

let's see... I don't like

*the fact that i can't change the scale of what it's telling me on the map
    *I can't move the on-screen objective tracker, only minimize it. which screws with my custom UI
    *I don't use the arrow either way so that's irrelevant
    *I like the ant trail that shows up
    *QH's map pings are actually slightly more accurate, as are the shaded areas where quest mobs can be found
    *I don't like the strange map interface it forces me to use. mapping the map smaller and showing a bunch of text i don't care about

I just don't like the default one. my apologies for wanting an alternative