Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Blizzard's major screw up is you wasting your money?

Really, if 5k gold is a lot for you, you shouldn't have thrown it away at an extra 30% flight speed in the first place.

5.000 gold for nothing is no small thing if it happened to you.
    There is so much broken in this game and you are most offended by losing 5k gold ?

Deleted
    You paid 5k not to have to spend a year chasing all those achievements, many of them quite horribly annoying. 5k for a whole year, not that bad imo.

If it were real money, then there would be an issue. It's not. You can't even hold it in your hand. Forget about it, go make more. It's not like that is hard to do.
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets not get too caught up and think 5k gold is some absurd amount. Use the money making abilities of your professions, daily quests, raiding, or randoms and you'll make it back within 2 weeks. Take it as a "now I know" learning experience, and to double check things before rushing into it.

Deleted
    Seriously there is no point keeping up with trolls or smart asses. Most of you failed to read the thread even. I am not saying 5k is too much OR why you can buy it now. I would not pay for that had I known that you can get 310% with merrymaker. Well no point trying to explain to guys who are only here for trolling.

Deleted
    While this sucks for you, Blizzard has always dropped prices over time and rarely has anyone been refunded. Think about the money lost on riding skills and such for those that have played since the beginning. Best thing you can do is abuse professions at the start of Cataclysm when both price and demand are high and try to make as much of it back as possible if you don't have much money.

Deleted
    Another major screw up is that you didn't buy it on discount, Only costs 4k in borean tundra, and/or Thrallmar (You really should be revered /exalted with one of them).

Deleted
    Long time reader, first time poster.
    Similar problem happened to my RL friend. He bought the master riding skill before they announced that you could get it with the Violet proto-drake meta. He made a ticket to get his gold back, since he was very close to finish the meta achievement.
    The answer he got from a GM was: Re-open a ticket once you complete the achievement and the gold spent will be reimbursed. He did so in 3 days or so and got his gold back.
    Last edited by mmocbe176c24fa; 2010-11-01 at 12:17 PM.

It does suck to some degreee.. but...

You paid 5k for the skill.. you felt it was worth it and you got what you paid for. While you may have gotten it come Merrymaker (starts Dec 15) you would have went a whole week in Cata without the extra speed... Don't know about you... but having that 310% speed during that week alone would be worth the 5k.

And if they make an exception for you... where do they stop? Peeps with Merry makers left? Luanr festival tooo> Noblegarden?

What about peeps that needed just ONE more achievement for thier Ulduar drake?

Bottom line is.. yeah it sucks.. I feel ya... but.. in with the time you waste petitioning this futile effort.. you could have earned MORE than 5k gold back.

Quote Originally Posted by Calon View Post
    Lets not get too caught up and think 5k gold is some absurd amount. Use the money making abilities of your professions, daily quests, raiding, or randoms and you'll make it back within 2 weeks. Take it as a "now I know" learning experience, and to double check things before rushing into it.
    This. I bought it for 5k. By accident. Heard all the bruhaha and went to the Dal trainer to see if it was really there. Had the window open for a while as I BS'd with guildies. Wasn't paying attention and clicked on the accept button boink! I just learned 310 flying! I wouldn't have done it if there had been an "Are you sure" confirmation, but oh well it's fake money in a video game.

AlI I had left to do was Merrymaker for the violet, which I would have done last year except RL > WoW. I don't keep vast reserves of WoW cash, but if I had felt an urgent need to replace it I could have easily enough. Get over it.
    Eating animals is the highest form of vegetarianism; after all, what does a cow eat? Vegetables. So, what is a cow but highly concentrated vegetables?

Quote Originally Posted by Morthos View Post
    I feel more sorry for you because if you DID pay 5k, then you've made the same mistake as I did on my druid and you bought it in Dala instead of going to Valiance Keep trainer and getting it for 4k instead with rep discount.
    It still surprises me how many people don't know about this, probably pisses off more than a few who find out later. There is no other explanation why they didn't give the Dal trainer a Kirin Tor rep discount.

I tend to believe it was your major screw up, And not blizzards kiddo (:

Deleted
    The difference in speed between a 310% speed flying mount and a 280% speed flying mount is btw 410/380=1.0789, so you only get a 7.89% speed increase, not 30%. If you spent 5k on it, you probably had enough money anyway. It's a goldsink.

This is your fault and you know it... Don't blame other people for your mistakes.

You bought the luxury of 310% flight speed because you wanted it and you got it, it is done and done, now you want your money back because you can get it for free with a little hard work? Well you are out of luck.

15+ Year Old Account
    Only thing to say is "Life isn´t fair" or "Sucks to be you". Fact is you can´t allways get it the way you want and shit happens at times so learn to wait around abit longer than one day since it wouldn´t make any sense to just reward a butt-ugly mount for doing events for a whole year

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayah View Post
    The difference in speed between a 310% speed flying mount and a 280% speed flying mount is btw 410/380=1.0789, so you only get a 7.89% speed increase, not 30%. If you spent 5k on it, you probably had enough money anyway. It's a goldsink.
    7.89% is a nice boost if you consider the speed of the mount, Imagine uhm, a ferrari with 7.89% increase, would be alot. So it is worth 4000g (If you just have those thousands of gold for lulz)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Internal View Post
    Long time reader, first time poster.
    Similar problem happened to my RL friend. He bought the master riding skill before they announced that you could get it with the Violet proto-drake meta. He made a ticket to get his gold back, since he was very close to finish the meta achievement.
    The answer he got from a GM was: Re-open a ticket once you complete the achievement and the gold spent will be reimbursed. He did so in 3 days or so and got his gold back.

Thank you that is all I needed. Well despite the dozens of trolls 2 posts were extremely useful! Thank you again

15+ Year Old Account
    You bought the mount speed before you got the Violet Protodrake. Maybe you wouldn't have bought it if you'd known you could get the Protodrake, but that's a point of contention.

What if for some reason you hadn't gotten the Protodrake this year, and would have had to wait another year? Would you still be complaining about it, or would you be glad you had the 310% mount speed?

I don't know, man. It's like repairing your old car, then winning a new car in a contest, and asking for them to undo the repairs on your old car and give you your money back.

Deleted
    Glad to help.
    Just to mention that he was extremely close to finish the meta (1 or 2 achievements left), so that was probably a major factor in the GM's decision to "let it pass".