10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    He usually does. Every commissioner does I think although Goodell deserves it the least.

Browns trade is stupid unless they thought someone else was going to jump to 3 to grab Richardson who they are taking according to NFL Sirius channel.

---------- Post added 2012-04-26 at 08:16 PM ----------

Well that would explain why Cleveland moved to 3 if Tampa was moving to 3 to grab Richardson. The Vikes picked up a 5, 6, and 7 in this draft by dropping back ONE spot.
    It was actually a 4, 5 and 7. Not sure what (if any) Comp. picks Cleveland has, so I'm assuming that leaves them their 2nd, 3rd and 6th round picks.

If the Browns are serious about picking up another late 1st round pick and Dont'a Hightower comes off the board before 29, I wouldn't be surprised to see Baltimore trading with Cleveland. Ozzie has no problem trading back and adding picks if the guy he wants isn't there and the Browns apparently have no problem throwing their picks away. lol
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

15+ Year Old Account
    Jags move up to 5th from 7th.

Browns trade is stupid unless they thought someone else was going to jump to 3 to grab Richardson who they are taking according to NFL Sirius channel.

Something about the browns pick makes me scream, huge mistake. Mclovin on the dan patrick show had 10 reasons why picking a running back in the top 10 is a bad idea. Productivity and direction of the league being the big ones. Richardson is an exceptional athlete and deserves a good contract and be a top 10 pick, but its like a kiss of death for RBs to be picked in the top 10 for the most part.

red text

Something about Claiborne seems oddly personality befitting of Dallas. Seems like a respectable addition, not sure if best fit, but a quality fit for dallas
    Last edited by Logonov; 2012-04-27 at 12:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logonov View Post
    Something about the browns pick makes me scream, huge mistake. Mclovin on the dan patrick show had 10 reasons why picking a running back in the top 10 is a bad idea. Productivity and direction of the league being the big ones. Richardson is an exceptional athlete and deserves a good contract and be a top 10 pick, but its like a kiss of death for RBs to be picked in the top 10 for the most part.
    As talent poor as Cleveland is, you'd think there were other more important holes to fill. Running Backs are ridiculously replaceable if your offensive line can perform. Look at the Texans. How many undrafted or low round guys have they brought through there in recent years that have just been fantastic thanks to the scheme and talent of the line? Hillis was damn good two years ago despite being a completely ordinary back. You can't replace an elite OL, CB, QB, etc. You can replace an elite RB with a mediocre RB in the modern NFL.

10+ Year Old Account
    As talent poor as Cleveland is, you'd think there were other more important holes to fill. Running Backs are ridiculously replaceable if your offensive line can perform. Look at the Texans. How many undrafted or low round guys have they brought through there in recent years that have just been fantastic thanks to the scheme and talent of the line? Hillis was damn good two years ago despite being a completely ordinary back. You can't replace an elite OL, CB, QB, etc. You can replace an elite RB with a mediocre RB in the modern NFL.
    I agree with this.

Also, something else is that RB's easily have the shortest lifespan of any NFL players. Even if you have an elite RB, he's close to breaking down by the time his rookie deal is done and it's time to 'pay him'. Not sure I'd want to use a top 10 - 15 pick on a guy that will probably be 'done' before he's 30.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Morriss Claiborne... ok I'll Take that So many trades lol I was so afraid they would take Barron after trading to 6
    Anyone else finding the NFL.com stream useless?
    Last edited by Amsden; 2012-04-27 at 12:48 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, the Bucs really fucked themselves.

15+ Year Old Account
    Poe to KC, now it's time for Romeo to whip him into shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Logonov View Post
    Goodell gets booed on stage, classy.........
    It's in New York and he was announcing a Cowboys pick. The Giants fans boo that every single time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    It's in New York and he was announcing a Cowboys pick. The Giants fans boo that every single time.
    Hes talking about the first time he came to the mic to say the draft started.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    He was talking about when Goodell opened the draft at the beginning. But in concern to the Dallas pick. Stay classy New York.. at least Boo the Eagles as much as you boo us :P

Hes talking about the first time he came to the mic to say the draft started.
    Ah. I thought they booed the 'Boys pick much more. Also they just booed the Eagles moving up. But like you said, every commish gets it. Comes with the territory. It's like being the president. The credit for good things goes to other people the blame for bad things goes to you. Whether you have any control over it at all or not.

Also, both my division rivals traded up to get defensive improvements. Feeling the pressure much?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh Cox to philly... wish we picked Decastro now

---------- Post added 2012-04-27 at 01:44 AM ----------

That's Dallas sports radio for you Claiborne on the phone and the first caller "Yo man I wanted Barron!" ... :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Weeden gets to keep wearing the orange by going to the Browns at number 22. Can't wait to see how he turns out.

Draft is so boring, just waiting for the Packers to pick really...

10+ Year Old Account
    boooooo Pats for taking Hightower

10+ Year Old Account
    Suppose I should post my thoughts on Sea. pick in the thread.

I'm pretty okay with it. Gonna watch how Ingram does though this season to really decide if it was a bad choice. Ivrin looks like a pretty good pass rusher. I hope he stays clean off the field though.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    boooooo Pats for taking Hightower
    National media will be talking about how awesome Bill Bellacheat is for picking Hightower like it took any kind of brains to pick that player at that spot in the draft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile in Oakland...

Wake me up when it's Saturday.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    National media will be talking about how awesome Bill Bellacheat is for picking Hightower like it took any kind of brains to pick that player at that spot in the draft.
    I think the main difference is he was a fantastic choice for BAL, who are going to be the Pats' biggest threat in the playoffs again.