10+ Year Old Account
    I'm rooting for the following scenario:

Dallas beats Washington
    Chicago loses
    Minnesota loses

That way, Dallas and Washington both make the playoffs. Fun times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Spiller being out didnt bother me. Charles, Rice, and Foster all had really good seasons. The one that I thought got jobbed was how did Frank Gore beat out Alfred Morris. Morris had close to 300 more yards and 3 more rushing TDs than Gore.
    Spiller has more yards than Rice this season, with 71 less carries.
    Foster has 143 more yards, with 152 more attempts. At least Foster is a TD machine.

Don't even get me started on Ed Reed over Jairus Byrd....
    Last edited by Irony; 2012-12-27 at 05:00 AM.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ugg these pro bowl rosters:
    1)Someone please explain to me why there are FIVE Chiefs on this team
    2) Can we please stop voting for a FB spot and just add 4 RBs instead of 3? Like 3 teams use a FB seriously.
    3)Frank Gore? Really? Alfred Morris destroys him statistically.
    4)Victor fucking Cruz??? Over Dez Bryant?! I'm sure Bryant wouldn't have showed up because of hand surgery after the year, but still. That is a retarded choice.
    5)1-4 don't matter since the Pro Bowl is an unwatchable pile of excrement.

I would have been so fucking pissed if Blair Walsh didn't get in for the NFC's place kicker. The dude is a monster.

People vote based on name alone. They don't even bother looking at stats or anything.

Another reason why the Pro-Bowl is a total joke. People shouldn't even be able to vote players in, because their ALWAYS WRONG.

Well the NFL only lets a portion of the decision go to the fans. The rest is coaches and media? Something like that. Its a lot better than the NBAs starting lineup which is purely fan voting. I long for a day only people that actually watch all the games can make these types of decisions. Even me I wouldnt want a vote since other than the Bears players anyone who isnt a skill position (so a non QB, WR, RB, TE) I really havent watched them play too much this year to really make a totally accurate decision on where they rank in their conference.

People vote based on madden 2013 score and past reputation.

bring back the college all-stars vs pro team football game!
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logonov View Post
    bring back the college all-stars vs pro team football game!
    No thanks. Do away with all All-Star games except maybe the Senior Bowl since it plays a part in the recruiting process. The All Star games are all terrible misrepresentations of the actual sport.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sherman won appeal.

...I didn't look back at previous pages to see if it was discussed, but I'm even more annoyed with Tim Tebow. Why do you feel entitled to be starting? You don't play well, therefore, you aren't starting. Stop complaining.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Sherman won appeal.
    Browner back for the playoffs. Should be pretty great for Seattle. So now you'd hope that they will retroactively put Sherm on the Pro bowl team. He has been by far the best CB in the league this year and the only reason he was held off was this PED thing.

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 02:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    ...I didn't look back at previous pages to see if it was discussed, but I'm even more annoyed with Tim Tebow. Why do you feel entitled to be starting? You don't play well, therefore, you aren't starting. Stop complaining.
    Because he hasn't even had the chance to play well? He played well enough last year to get the Broncos to the playoffs and win a game (yes with a ton of help from their defense). When you're listed at #2 on the depth chart, you usually become the #1 when he is hurt or demoted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Browner back for the playoffs. Should be pretty great for Seattle. So now you'd hope that they will retroactively put Sherm on the Pro bowl team. He has been by far the best CB in the league this year and the only reason he was held off was this PED thing.
    If Thurmond is healthy it'll be the best secondary in the playoffs.

I don't know about the pro bowl thing. If anything its going to make him play even harder. I'd seriously hate to be the rams receiver hes covering next week.

Because he hasn't even had the chance to play well? He played well enough last year to get the Broncos to the playoffs and win a game (yes with a ton of help from their defense). When you're listed at #2 on the depth chart, you usually become the #1 when he is hurt or demoted.
    Perhaps the stats will tell another tale -- I haven't looked at them -- but when I watched TEBOW play (aka not their defense helping him), he was horrible. I'll reserve my judgment, I suppose, after you supply some stats, since you seem to have an uncanny ability to pull stats out that support your argument, but, again, from what I've seen from Tebow, I wouldn't feel comfortable starting him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps the stats will tell another tale -- I haven't looked at them -- but when I watched TEBOW play (aka not their defense helping him), he was horrible. I'll reserve my judgment, I suppose, after you supply some stats, since you seem to have an uncanny ability to pull stats out that support your argument, but, again, from what I've seen from Tebow, I wouldn't feel comfortable starting him.
    I chuckled quite heartily at that part. Frankly there are no stats to support him starting. Tebow was not good last year, probably wouldn't be this year. The Broncos made the playoffs having lost three games in a row mustering an entire 3 points against KC in Week 17 last year. There is no evidence that he should be a starter in the NFL, well except this week with Sanchez now being the #1. Here are the relevant stats on that:
    The opera of Sanchize: 54.8% completion rate (only Andrew Luck and Chad Henne are worse among qualifying QBs), 67.9 QBR (only Cassel is worse), 13 TDs (only Tannehill is worse among non-injured starters for teams), 17 INT (only Luck and Brees are worse, both have thrown 180-210 more times than Sanchez), 7 Fumbles lost (worst in NFL).

There may not be any stats to support Tebow starting, but there are a hell of a lot of stats to say that Mark Sanchez has no business being on a football field for the rest of the year or ever again in a Jets uniform.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-12-27 at 07:32 PM.

Frankly there are no stats to support him starting.

There may not be any stats to support Tebow starting, but there are a hell of a lot of stats to say that Mark Sanchez has no business being on a football field for the rest of the year or ever again in a Jets uniform.
    So the argument to start Tebow is basically a 'Our other options are equally shitty, so let's give him a chance?' As far as I can tell, it's mostly been a 'ZOMG TEBOW, START HIM!' crap that fans inexplicably give, which leads me to believe that want him to start because of who he is as a person...which, last I checked, doesn't necessarily mean anything on the field.

Either way, I'm thankful that the Jets are mediocre horrible and out of playoff contention. I'm tired of that circus, just like I'm about over the Lakers' circus (as a Lakers' fan)...but that's for a different thread.

11 sacks last week, why would tebow even wanna play? I also find it funny how people are still questioning tebow's ability to lead a team, forgetting he did it last year. Rex is probably gone at the end of this year, he isnt winning and his players are animals who lack discipline, both the job of the coach.

15+ Year Old Account
    which leads me to believe that want him to start because of who he is as a person...which, last I checked, doesn't necessarily mean anything on the field.
    Ya basically. That is the only reason. If his name was say Shaun Hill there would be no clamoring. But they brought in this guy under a big spotlight, celebrated bringing him in (they had a press conference for a freaking backup QB), then never did with him what they claimed all preseason they were going to do even as their offense was sputtering. The argument for starting Tebow is why the hell not. Nothing more, nothing less.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Sherman won appeal.
    How the fuck do you screw up a simple drug test in professional sports? I'm blown away by dissapointed over the NFL.