10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Speaking of Cali teams, how bout that McClain situation for the Raiders? His posse apparently got into a fight at a club in Alabama that resulted in McClain having his handgun pressed against a guys head. Instead of killing him he just discharged it next to his ear into the ground. This is a guy who has been pulled over with bullet holes in his car door before that were apparently from "someone shooting at him when he was driving."
    He's out on bail at the moment, personally this reads like a sensationalism story we've had about sport stars over here. Not to say it's true or false but I'll wait for an investigation to come up with the facts.

Jackson's call on this one, he says he's spoken to McClain, whether he plays the LB or not is his own decision.

Ford and McFadden still out, but the boot is off for the latter. Looks like we'll be seeing them for the away @ GB

I don't suppose the 49'ers could be renamed San 41?

I'll get my coat...
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hate the NFL.

Can anyone explain to me why there's a game going on right now between 2 teams in my conference (Pitt/Cin) ... yet there is, once again, no football on CBS?
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    The only way this game could get worse now is if we start picking up long term injuries.

0-20 to the Finns, and now one of our guys gets (rightly) ejected.

---------- Post added 2011-12-04 at 08:12 PM ----------

No wait, make that 0-27

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    I really hate the NFL.

Can anyone explain to me why there's a game going on right now between 2 teams in my conference (Pitt/Cin) ... yet there is, once again, no football on CBS?
    So you can pay out the nose for a premium package? That would be my guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I know anything about the NFL anymore. How is Oakland getting decimated by the Fins? I know Oakland has a tendency to just not show up for games or dig themselves graves with mistakes, but yikes. The Jets offense is now so bad that they are tied with the Redskins. Cincy is getting smashed. Too bad the Jets apparently don't have the offense to outscore Rex Grossman.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I know anything about the NFL anymore. How is Oakland getting decimated by the Fins? I know Oakland has a tendency to just not show up for games or dig themselves graves with mistakes, but yikes. The Jets offense is now so bad that they are tied with the Redskins. Cincy is getting smashed. Too bad the Jets apparently don't have the offense to outscore Rex Grossman.
    A lot of our major offensive players are out currently, which isn't the sole reason it's all going to hell but doesn't help.

Coupling it with Oakland's massive amount of penalties (and an ejection on top) is killing us. If we're expecting to go to the playoffs we need guys like McFadden and Ford back.

On top of that the Finns are playing a very good game.

---------- Post added 2011-12-04 at 09:00 PM ----------

WERE playing a good game. They've just given up 14 points in 3 minutes, their defence has fallen asleep suddenly in the 4th quarter.

Suddenly the score doesn't look as horrible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oakland will be much better when McFadden gets back on the field. They are a totally different team with him on the field. I wonder how bad Forte's injury is. Got to feel for that guy. He has carried that damn team while making next to nothing, by comparison to other backs in his class. Got to imagine that if it is going to keep him from coming back this season the Bears are absolutely fucked for a playoff spot even with the Falcons, and likely the Lions, losing today.

How bout Aaron Maybin for the Jets? Dude has 0 sacks in his three years with the Bills and is consider a massive bust. Comes to the Jets for a few weeks, already rang up 5 sacks prior to today, has one or two today plus a forced fumble on Grossman last drive. If Maybin can do that in this defense despite being considered a massive bust, how freaking terrible was Gholston to be ran out of town after having no success as a Jet?

That throw by Tebow that Thomas couldn't hang onto for a touchdown to win the game just now was nuts. And the Vikes just threw a pick and gave the ball right back to Tebow to win the game. Tebow is apparently invincible. They can even get it done on offense now against a decent defense when their own defense collapses. The Broncos just have everything going for them right now. Their running game has picked up. Tebow isn't making mistakes like a young QB at all and their defense is playing pretty great. Hope McFadden gets back for the Raiders soon or they are going to have the Broncos in control of that division. Oakland still has to play Green Bay, Detroit and a game with the Chargers while the Broncos have three mediocre teams and the Pats.

And Tebow wins again.

Shonn Greene is finally not sucking for my fantasy team! Happy day!
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-12-04 at 09:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    McFadden was forecast to be due back next week for the trip to GB.

Quite frankly our season may well hang on his ability to return to form fast, having both McFadden and Bush for running options gives the Oakland ground game a very good chance of making the playoffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh Tebow why did you just have to pull off a comeback yet again?

4 losses to go now for the Colts. 0-16 is getting closer and closer to their grasp!
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Oh Tebow why did you just have to pull off a comeback yet again?

4 losses to go now for the Colts. 0-16 is getting closer and closer to their grasp!
    They pretty much have Luck rapped up if they want him and they will for sure next week. The only teams competing with them for worst record are the 2 win Vikings, 3 win Jags, and 3 win Rams and all three of those teams just spent a high draft pick on a QB within the last two years. They only have the 4 win teams to worry about and those will be done after the Colts lose next week. Only winnable game, barring a major upset, is the last game in Jacksonville. My two favorite teams will be the only 0-16 teams ever.

---------- Post added 2011-12-04 at 07:24 PM ----------

Raise your hand if your surprised the Cowboys lost a game they should have dominated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aand Dallas could have just killed their season. I don't forsee them beating the Giants either game.

Raise your hand if your surprised the Cowboys lost a game they should have dominated.
    /remains motionless

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I don't get Dallas this year they are so hard to tell how good they are same with the Giants,Ravens, and Falcons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Packers and Giants are tied 35 with 3 seconds on the clock. Packers are going for a short range field goal.

This has been amazing to watch.

And it's good. Packers beat the Giants 38-35, what a game.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Packers and Giants are tied 35 with 3 seconds on the clock. Packers are going for a short range field goal.

This has been amazing to watch.

And it's good. Packers beat the Giants 38-35, what a game.
    Yeah it was a solid game for sure I think packers would have won thou even if they went into O.T.

10+ Year Old Account
    What was your take on the Giants' fumble? That looked in every angle and replay I saw a forward pass, that was more of a forward pass than "Tom Brady's Tuck Rule" pass.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    What was your take on the Giants' fumble? That looked in every angle and replay I saw a forward pass, that was more of a forward pass than "Tom Brady's Tuck Rule" pass.
    Talking about the Manning fumble when Matthews hit him? That is a fumble without a doubt. The ball was out of Manning's hand before his arm was moving forward to throw the ball. Definitely a fumble.

Also, the Tuck Rule is bullshit. How is it not a fumble if you are pulling the ball back into your body? That makes as much sense as the process of the catch rules. You can dive for the pylon and it counts as a TD as long as the ball touches it regardless of what happens after that, but you can't catch a pass land on both feet, your ass, your hip, and roll over to the side and leave the ball on the ground? There was a fumble in the Ravens game that made no sense at all that it wasn't a fumble. The Browns receiver caught it. Had it secured, took three steps and then dropped the ball when he was moving it to his hip. Seemed pretty clear that he had possession and made a "football move" so it should have been a fumble..
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-12-05 at 01:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    , but you can't catch a pass land on both feet, your ass, your hip, and roll over to the side and leave the ball on the ground? There was a fumble in the Ravens game that made no sense at all that it wasn't a fumble.
    The "Calvin Johnson" rule, as I'll call it, is beyond stupid. As are overtime rules. Even the new playoff ones.

Are even more rules that are messed up, so many I can't even remember them.

Also, lol Cris Collinsworth doesn't know what a "suplex" is
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2011-12-05 at 02:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, the Lions just keep on making those silly and ridiculous penalties... The game would probably be a lot closer if it weren't for them.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Ugh, the Lions just keep on making those silly and ridiculous penalties... The game would probably be a lot closer if it weren't for them.
    Unfortunately that's something you just have to consider. I lay that solely at the feet of the coach -- they're not disciplined at all.

And this play makes me happy in my pants:

He's getting better every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Unfortunately that's something you just have to consider. I lay that solely at the feet of the coach -- they're not disciplined at all.

And this play makes me happy in my pants:

He's getting better every week.
    I was shocked by the Bronco's in the second half. They had something like 48 total yards at halftime. Came out and started moving the ball(I think they doubled their total yards on that first drive, can't remember). I'm still not sold on the team going forward though. It's not like they've been playing good teams. And that schedule gets a bit tough over the next few weeks(NE and Chicago and At Buffalo). Fortunately for them, Oakland's schedule isn't easy either. Tebow could end up leading the team into the playoffs and then get shipped out of town.