Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    AP tore his ACL too and he did pretty good last year.
    He runs forwards, a cb moves much differently.

Its hard not to call him dumb after that national interview, all that was missing was him playing with his hair.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=20130113001

Only three passes defended vs atl, no tackles or anything else. Hard to call him a game changer in a very close loss.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/24941/splits

5ints last season vs arizona and buffalo, 1 against NE, Jets and Niners.

Russel wilson is why they were winning, not sherman.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    He runs forwards, a cb moves much differently.

Its hard not to call him dumb after that national interview, all that was missing was him playing with his hair.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=20130113001

Only three passes defended vs atl, no tackles or anything else. Hard to call him a game changer in a very close loss.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/24941/splits

5ints last season vs arizona and buffalo, 1 against NE, Jets and Niners.

Russel wilson is why they were winning, not sherman.
    You're using no tackles as a way to discredit a cornerback? That's dumb. A CB who does his job like Sherman should never have to tackle anyone.

There's not a debate here. Sherman & Revis are the best corners since Nnamdi went to Philly.

http://www.hawkblogger.com/2013/03/t...herman-vs.html

^ Just look at that. QBs had a rating of 41.1 against Sherman last year. Revis had 44.6 rating against him from 2009-2011.
    Last edited by Neazy; 2013-03-10 at 07:13 PM.

Almost half the passes thrown at him were caught and that stat includes uncatchables and bad passes. Sorry, padding your stats vs buffalo and arizona isnt impressing me.

Not saying he is a bad player, just saying he is awful cocky for what he has accomplished thus far.

10+ Year Old Account

Not saying he is a bad player, just saying he is awful cocky for what he has accomplished thus far.
    Well, yeah, I'd say that part is obvious. Then again, cornerbacks and wide receivers are the same in that regard. I can't really take them seriously.

Almost half the passes thrown at him were caught and that stat includes uncatchables and bad passes. Sorry, padding your stats vs buffalo and arizona isnt impressing me.
    QBs were completing less than 50% against him, which makes them less accurate than Mark Sanchez. That is the definition of a good CB.

I don't think you know how CB stats work.

There's not a debate here. Sherman & Revis are the best corners since Nnamdi went to Philly.
    What about Tim Jennings/Charles Tillman and Champ Bailey/Chris Harris? All four had very similar overall performances (not just picks), and Revis/Sherman are nowhere near as good at stopping the run as Harris/Tillman. Sherman's 2012 year was awesome (if a bit padded), but not exactly unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by MC ALPACA FLAYME View Post
    What about Tim Jennings/Charles Tillman and Champ Bailey/Chris Harris? All four had very similar overall performances (not just picks), and Revis/Sherman are nowhere near as good at stopping the run as Harris/Tillman. Sherman's 2012 year was awesome (if a bit padded), but not exactly unreal.
    Having watched the Bears CBs in a lot of games last year, I don't think they're as good as Revis and Sherman, even though they're very good. Bailey got burned in the playoffs though. He's not on the other guys' level.

Having watched the Bears CBs in a lot of games last year, I don't think they're as good as Revis and Sherman, even though they're very good. Bailey got burned in the playoffs though. He's not on the other guys' level.
    Yeah, Sherman also got burned in the playoffs. It's not like that kind of stuff doesn't happen, but between the big plays the four guys I mentioned were just as productive, often more so in some categories, than Sherman or Revis in '09.

Yeah, Sherman also got burned in the playoffs. It's not like that kind of stuff doesn't happen, but between the big plays the four guys I mentioned were just as productive, often more so in some categories, than Sherman or Revis in '09.
    Sherman didn't get burned, he just didn't play lights out. Bailey got burned.

I can't find any advanced stats for the guys you mentioned (stuff like opponents QB rating vs. a certain corner) but if you can find some I wouldn't mind being proven wrong.

According to PFF (I don't have a paid membership) regarding Bailey/Harris, they gave up 929 (1st) combined yards, 0.82 (4th) yards-per-coverage for Bailey, 0.91 (9th) for Harris, Harris was the second-rated run-stopping CB, QB's posted a 66.5 Rating (not ESPN QBR) against Harris, and Bailey gave up one TD aside from the playoff loss. Can't find QB rating against Bailey.

Combined TD's and First Downs number for Bailey is 25 (4.27% of snaps), and 25 by Chris Harris (5.07% of snaps). Sherman had 29 total (4.92% of snaps).

According to Denver's website, Harris posted 35 completions on the year (9th fewest in the league for 60+ targets), and was the only corner in the league to post multiple interceptions and sacks (3 [2 for TD's], 2.5 respectively).

Only thing I have on Jennings/Tillman, aside from the "standard" stats is PFF's ranking, which rates them as the best CB pair in the league, and their PFF "Performance Based Value" as 8.3 and 10.3 million.

Harris was the second-rated run-stopping CB, QB's posted a 66.5 Rating (not ESPN QBR) against Harris, and Bailey gave up one TD aside from the playoff loss. Can't find QB rating against Bailey.

Combined TD's and First Downs number for Bailey is 25 (4.27% of snaps), and 25 by Chris Harris (5.07% of snaps). Sherman had 29 total (4.92% of snaps).

According to Denver's website, Harris posted 35 completions on the year (9th fewest in the league for 60+ targets), and was the only corner in the league to post multiple interceptions and sacks (3 [2 for TD's], 2.5 respectively).

Only thing I have on Jennings/Tillman, aside from the "standard" stats is PFF's ranking, which rates them as the best CB pair in the league, and their PFF "Performance Based Value" as 8.3 and 10.3 million.
    Still gonna go with Sherman. Sherman had a 41 rating against him this year, which is significantly better than that 66.5. Revis had a 44 rating against him from 09 to 11.

Jennings/Tillman are for sure the best duo but individually they're not the best.

Still gonna go with Sherman. Sherman had a 41 rating against him this year, which is significantly better than that 66.5. Revis had a 44 rating against him from 09 to 11.
    Well yeah, he also had 5 more interceptions, and the issue is much of his statistics came in garbage time against teams that were totally blown out. The difference really isn't that much, and if you ignore interceptions his overall posted stats don't stand out above the guys I've mentioned.

Can we at least agree that Sherman is probably a better rapper than any other cornerback in the league? There's no way someone who talks that much shit and is that competitive doesn't rap on the side.

Ain't got nothin' on Brandon Lloyd. Lawl:

Honestly the production isn't bad, but yeeeaaahhhhhh

^ With the kind of money he makes he better have some good production. Dude should be putting up six figures to get Lex Luger beats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best dancer for sure.

That was from his very first practice with the team. Everybody was like, wtf.

apparently Percy Harvin is now a Seahawk. Not sure what Minnesota got back

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    apparently Percy Harvin is now a Seahawk. Not sure what Minnesota got back
    Nothing worth it, I'm sure. Imagine that combo in the backfield, Russell Wilson and Percy Harvin. Vetali must be drooling

Uh-oh, watch out San Francisco.

10+ Year Old Account
    Redskins just got rid of their best CB, lawl.