10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    He wont make the cut imo. Hes gonna miss a bit of training camp and then he'll under-perform in the preseason games and be cut.
    if we're talking about Cooper, with Maclin out for the year I don't think they can afford to thin their WR group any more

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Also, I haven't really been watching anything sports lately. I knew there was SOMETHING about Riley Cooper, just not sure what it was. I just read about it. This is fucking ridiculous. He said a slur. Ok, yeah, that's bad. First off, he was drunk. So...ok, it's not an excuse, but it kind of is. And second, saying one goddamn racial slur doesn't mean you have to apologize to the entire world ten times, and go to counseling. Counseling is for the guys who tattoo swastikas on their forehead, not some guy who said "nigger" once when he was drunk.
    The context suggests to me that he's pretty damned racist. This isn't exactly a huge shock for a white kid that's from Oklahoma and played college ball in Florida though.

Part of me shocked by the amount of attention Cooper was getting for saying nigger. Im pretty sure every white person in the US has said it at least once in their lifetime, probably not hatefully but everybody has said it so to freak out about it being said once on camera doesnt make sense to me. But the other part of me realizes this is ESPN and they sensationalize everything, they are becoming the TMZ of the sporting world and it makes me cry at night.

In regards to Seattle since Harvin sounds like he will be missing quite a bit of time wont this leave their receiving core as mediocre as its always been? I sense a lot of Seattle fans will be disappointed when that offense takes the field, kind of how I have been feeling as a Bears fan these past years. Good enough defense to win a super bowl and an offense that never quite lives up to the hype.

10+ Year Old Account
    it could be worse, you could be a Chargers fan, have the #1 offense and #1 defense and still miss the playoffs

Ship the Viqueens out to LA imo, or the Jags, then send the Rams to London or Berlin or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Part of me shocked by the amount of attention Cooper was getting for saying nigger. Im pretty sure every white person in the US has said it at least once in their lifetime, probably not hatefully but everybody has said it so to freak out about it being said once on camera doesnt make sense to me. But the other part of me realizes this is ESPN and they sensationalize everything, they are becoming the TMZ of the sporting world and it makes me cry at night.

In regards to Seattle since Harvin sounds like he will be missing quite a bit of time wont this leave their receiving core as mediocre as its always been? I sense a lot of Seattle fans will be disappointed when that offense takes the field, kind of how I have been feeling as a Bears fan these past years. Good enough defense to win a super bowl and an offense that never quite lives up to the hype.
    With Cooper, I disagree. The way he said it and the context I don't see him ever being respected in that, or any locker room.

Also, about Seattle... once again you listen to ESPN's opinion on it. Harvin was a bonus. Rice, Tate, and Baldwin will do fine. They did fine beating the bears, who were a top defense... right? The additions of Luke Willson and Christine Michael with Jermane Kearse stepping up are also good. But all that can be mediocre because we're a run first team. Even when Harvin was in the mix.

I stated it before. Our defense needs to be better if anything. The only losses that weren't blown by the defense was the first Rams and 49ers games.

10+ Year Old Account
    HoF game starting, couldn't help myself. First time there's football in ages, gotta watch. Not watching full game, just want a sneak peak of some of the Dolphins rookies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ravens TE Ed Dickson has a "slight hamstring tear" Could miss a week or two.

I always thought that hamstrings can halfway heal quickly, but to fully heal it takes a long time, like a few months.

Also Vince Young has a 1 year deal with the Packers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Also Vince Young has a 1 year deal with the Packers.
    If he could revive his career anywhere, I think that's a good place to go. However, I don't think the Packers really want that drama hovering around them.

10+ Year Old Account
    If he could revive his career anywhere, I think that's a good place to go. However, I don't think the Packers really want that drama hovering around them.
    Pats have done a good job of leashing Tebow.

Have to wonder if Jamarcus Russell could find a job. I also heard TO's agent has been getting interest from teams about him.

I need some fantasy advice lol. I'm in a fantasy league this year. I know the rules of football and the winning teams of the last Super Bowls, but I don't really know how to choose the best players or any sort of strategies (like, don't pick QB first pick). Give me some advice! Besides just following Yahoo fantasy player guidelines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I need some fantasy advice lol. I'm in a fantasy league this year. I know the rules of football and the winning teams of the last Super Bowls, but I don't really know how to choose the best players or any sort of strategies (like, don't pick QB first pick). Give me some advice! Besides just following Yahoo fantasy player guidelines.
    All I can really say is, get a RB first, because they drop off quickly, and if you wait until the second round, you won't get one. QB's are pretty plentiful. If you get first pick, Adrian Peterson.

If you get first pick, Adrian Peterson.
    See, this is why I hate having the first pick. Hate, hate, hate it. I'd feel obligated to take AD because betting against him feels stupid after what he did last year, but I also don't really love betting on 28 year old running backs that have absolutely bruising styles and some injury history. Ultimately, you take him and hope he wins you the league, but I'd rather be picking in the middle of the round.

Another general tip would be to not spend a high pick on a receiver that's not Calvin Johnson. They're vastly more hit or miss than running backs.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Generally,,In my league I would prioritize RBs, WRs,TE, QB, Kickers and then defenses. Good Kickers and defenses can be picked up off the waiver wire from week to week.

Not to sound like Captain Obvious,, but it all depends on who is available.

If there is a premiere TE available, I would grab him before the qb.
    If one of the top 5 non-running qb's is available like Manning, brady, Rodgers,etc then take them 1st round. I would avoid so-called 'running' qb's like RG3, Kaepernik, Russell. They are always one snap away from a season ending injury. But if you can tolerate the risk, they can put up some huge numbers.

All bar stool opinions only.
    Operation Red Wing

10+ Year Old Account
    I have tunnel vision on my favorite tight end Jason Witten. Outside the unreliable Gronk, who are the best fantasy tight ends?

I have tunnel vision on my favorite tight end Jason Witten. Outside the unreliable Gronk, who are the best fantasy tight ends?
    Jimmy Graham. He was a monster in his first full season. He led the league in drops last year (supposedly due to a persistent hand/wrist problem), but still got a ton of targets and had 85-982-9. With him healthy and Sean Payton back, I see nothing but good things.

My 14-team keeper league (3 keepers per team, you can keep anyone, no penalties for extra years) will be going into the year with Graham, Marshawn, and Doug Martin. I feel pretty good about that, considering that the team I inherited (took over for some guy that dropped out) going into the 2011 season's three highest ranked players were Vick, Desean Jackson, and Fred Jackson.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://g.espncdn.com/s/ffldraftkit/1...t_standard_xxx

The TE field is surprisingly strong this year. Outisde of Witten and Gronk,, I would be happy with vernon davis, Zach Miller, Jarrod Cook , Griesham who would probably go in the much later rounds.
    Last edited by kunah; 2013-08-06 at 02:57 AM.
    Operation Red Wing

Maybe you guys should rank some players for me lol...I'm not sure I trust yahoo rankings.

Also, apparently this bleacherreport guide I read said to prioritize QBs only if they have 6 points on passing touchdowns or some shit like that. My league has that....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    http://g.espncdn.com/s/ffldraftkit/1...t_standard_xxx

The TE field is surprisingly strong this year. Outisde of Witten and Gronk,, I would be happen with vernon davis, Zach Miller, Jarrod Cook , Griesham who would probabaly go in the much later rounds.
    That site is awesome, but it seems that with Tony Gonzalez on the list, it may be a little outdated?

Maybe you guys should rank some players for me lol...I'm not sure I trust yahoo rankings.

Also, apparently this bleacherreport guide I read said to prioritize QBs only if they have 6 points on passing touchdowns or some shit like that. My league has that....
    What size league is it? The thing is, with starting 2 RBs in any standard league, one of them is going to be total shit in short order if you're not jumping on them immediately. QBs, you can wait and take your pick of who you think might have a nice sleeper season in them.