15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Was just about to come and link this story. This is like a complete garbage win for the league. I read they need to pay the cash over the next 16 years. With the profits the made and still make and the reserves they undoubtedly set apart for this occasion this is just a drop in the bucket.

I also wonder just how much of this money actually goes to the cause and how much goes to the lawyers that made the deal.
    I figured the settlement would be $1 billion or more. This amount seems paltry especially over that long of a payment term when the NFL makes so much money. $47 million per year equates to roughly $1.5 million per team per season for 16 years. That is a pittance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, time for my predictions for player awards:

MVP: Peyton Manning
    Offensive Player of the Year: Adrian Peterson
    Offensive Rookie of the Year: DeAndre Hopkins (Houston)
    Defensive Player of the Year: J.J. Watt
    Defensive Rookie of the Year: Alec Ogletree (St. Louis)
    Deacon Jones Trophy: Aldon Smith
    Comeback Player of the Year: I can't even think of someone who was injured for a good amount last year, so shoot me.
    Coach of the Year: Andy Reid
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    comeback player could be somebody like Larry Fitzgerald

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    comeback player could be somebody like Larry Fitzgerald
    It will be RG3 though.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I had said though, it should be someone who was hurt for most of if not all of the prior season, not someone who was fully injured during the last game his team participated in. So RG3 shouldn't be getting it in my opinion. Fitz was hurt, but still played for the most part, what killed him is the same thing that has been killing the Cards for several years now, shitty QB play.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    It will be RG3 though.
    For missing exactly zero games? That would be dumbtarded.

MVP: Tom Brady. If the Pats win 11 games (they will) with that roster, how can he not be the MVP?
    OPY: Drew Brees is going to put up just silly numbers this year
    ORY: Kenbrell Thompkins. Brady loves him. Huge stats incoming
    DPY: Ndamukong Suh. Homer pick a little bit, but if he can keep his head on straight, he is going to have a monster year
    DRY: Ziggy Ansah. Even if Suh doesn't have a DPY year, his linemate should put up ridiculous numbers. Ziggy has looked good in preseason, raw, but damn good. Playing the end on a line with Suh and Fairley is going to lead to big things from that kid. He is going to put up double digit sacks.
    Comeback: Maurice Jones Drew. 1,300 yards, 10 TD, 40 receptions. Bank it.
    Coach: Andy Reid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Comeback: Maurice Jones Drew. 1,300 yards, 10 TD, 40 receptions. Bank it.
    He was the second guy I thought of, might be easier for a WR to bounce back than a RB was why I took Fitz instead, but I expect MJD to look better too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, forgot about MJD. I choose him for Comeback Player then. If it not too late.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    Damn, forgot about MJD. I choose him for Comeback Player then. If it not too late.
    IT IS TOO LATE! THE DIE IS CAST!

15+ Year Old Account
    He was the second guy I thought of, might be easier for a WR to bounce back than a RB was why I took Fitz instead, but I expect MJD to look better too.
    I think Fitz is going to have a great year, but MJD should get more attention from having missed a ton of time last year.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will be RG3 that wins comeback player of the year if hes healthy all year.

10+ Year Old Account
    True, because he is the quarterback, and one that is already known for having done well.

Anyways, watching some college ball, and a clip on Clowney came up, good lord. I don't care if my favorite team is the 49ers and that they already have several fantastic pass rushers on the team. Pull a Ditka and trade everything for him. He is a freak, and I would happily kill to have that man on my favorite team.

15+ Year Old Account
    Saints- Dolphins game is not that bad, only if the saints would fumble less. Though atleast their D held for the last one.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Century Link field was cleared during warmups due to lightning.

Shits gonna be good. Too bad I'll probably be raiding during the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good job Dolphins, it was a good game. Saints just need to get the fumbles and interceptions together.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn it I was expecting much more stormy weather.

Either way, James Carpenter completely beasting. Dominating the LoS. Lets hope he can stay healthy.

No love for LeSean McCoy?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't believe Eli played for 3 series

- - - Updated - - -

Matt Leinart is so awful

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even know what I want to happen as far as WR goes now, I want Chuck Jacobs on the PS, but someone might claim him off of waivers. I like Hall and Collie, but there is only room for one of them, if either. Lavelle Hawkins has blown it up the last two PS games, and has shown some ability at KR, but had some major discipline issues with penalties last week.

Right now I know that Boldin, Patton, Moore, and Williams are pretty much locks. Baldwin may get a 5th slot because of potential, Jacobs would be a PS guy to me, with the Niners keeping Collie until Manningham / Crabtree get back, then dump Baldwin if he hasn't shown much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to fire up the Tebow Tracker. Patriots have started their cuts. My guess is he makes the 53m roster.