Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, night elves are perfect race, Tyrande is a night elf, so she got a "common" night elf model. It's that simple! Mooncloth is not just a "lvl 59 robe" but traditional priestly robes. The Moonglaive is the traditional weapon all sentinels (yeah, all night elf guards have them since they are sentinels) and priestesses of the moon are trained in combat with. So I think that there's no need for a "new Tyrande Model".

10+ Year Old Account
    She's gonna get killed off. That's why they aren't bothering.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    I'd rather stick with the old model than get another Sylvanas recolour. Just look at what happened to Ysera.
    What's wrong with Ysera? She's hot!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malazee View Post
    Someone hasn't read Stormrage... not that I blame you, it was horrible. She is, however, married.
    I understand that, but she is not yet considered married in WoW** (at least to my knowledge), but my comment was made as a joke. I guess I should have bolded the yet in my first comment instead of italicizing it.

**Pre-Cataclysm

---------- Post added 2010-11-02 at 10:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Iracor View Post
    I have this eerie feeling that she'll just get killed off and replaced with Malfurion with his new BA model. =[
    One of the reasons why I am still hoping for a new model for Tyrande is because she will be standing near a completely new model...it will make it even more noticible than before. Just my reasoning though...
    There is no gene for the human spirit. ~GATTACA

Quote Originally Posted by Kharismal Abyss View Post
    What's wrong with Ysera? She's hot!
    Blizzard took a blood-elf model and stuck night-elf ears on it. When all the other lore characters are getting completely new models, it's a bit dissapointing. That model is used on three different major lore figures now.

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    I'd rather stick with the old model than get another Sylvanas recolour. Just look at what happened to Ysera.
    Which is exactly what will happen sadly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    Tyrande is sadly the worst case of Knaak Attack in all of the lore. Simply giving her a glowing aura would do wonders. Yes, she will likely get a different model in WotA (she was a teen at that point regardless), but they may not change her "full grown" version... Kind of sad really...
    Lol,Blizzard and Knaak just destroy cool night elves
    And replaced them with high elves druids (Tolkien copy - paste)
    Last edited by mmoc43be608ff3; 2010-11-02 at 02:57 PM.

I agree Tyrande should be given a new model to accurately convey how cool she is (yes I know recent times have diminished that coolness but I prefer to remember her as the fiery leader she was in Warcraft 3, not the helpless damsel Knaak makes her out to be) but with Malfurion's return we'll be lucky to see much of her at all. I can honestly predict right now that going to talk with Varian and the other leaders about the earthquakes is the only thing Tyrande will do for the entirety of Cataclysm.

Sure they'll come up with some stupid excuse like "You are needed in Darnassus. How on Azeroth will these night elf lemmings get by without you standing there doing nothing all day long?" but the unfortunate fact is Malfurion and the highborne are the night elves of the hour.

Edit: I guess handing the Gilneans are free ticket out of slaughterville was pretty cool. She still has a lot more to do to move up that old list of badassery she currently inhabits the middle-bottom of but saving the worgen from genocide is a fairly good start.
    Last edited by Vesker; 2010-11-02 at 03:08 PM.
    "Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Always and forever!"

Perfection is so horribly dull, don't you think?

Poor Tyrande... She was such a badass character in WC3, now she is just a few quest endings, not even important ones. The Scepter of the Shifting Sands questline did use Tyrande to help you defeat Eranikus, Tyrant of the Dream though. So, she still is the badass that we all knew and loved.
    However, what happens at Darnassus nowadays? Not a bloody thing! Anything that has happened to the Alliance has been in Stormwind mostly, or Ironforge occasionally. So those leaders got updated. Ever since BC dropped, nothing has happened in Darnassus. Debatable, Velen is still the same as his BC model, but he was pretty awesome looking to begin with.
    Sadly, I don't foresee a change to our beloved Priestess of Elune until something happens to draw players back to Darnassus.
    -OR-
    Maybe she will become involved with Malfurion, as she should. They are married after all. What kind of husband who loves his wife comes back after 6+ years of separation and doesn't even send a message to her?

Here's to a better looking Tyrande!

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    I thought She married Malfurion...not Thrall...
    That's what I was thinking too when I read that...

Deleted

Please!

Quote Originally Posted by Gromagh View Post

Please!
    I am in love...
    Why?

Who let the dog's out?! Whooo!!!

Please!
    Wasn't that Tyrande before she became High Priestess?

Either way thats still probably not a good idea. It looks too similar to Sylvanas's outfit and we don't want to give Blizzard another excuse to use that armor model on someone else.
    "Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Always and forever!"

Perfection is so horribly dull, don't you think?

Please!
    Honestly, that's always struck me more as Shandris than Tyrande, regardless of the lable or the other two people there.

Anyway, Lets face it, Blizzard hates Tedrasssil. And as someone who constantly rags on people who make similar statements, thats not easy for me to say. The whole thing is a wreck. Its empty, bland, and just looks like they thre a bunch of generic buildings in to fill it out and called it a day. Why should Tyrande be any different? God forbid they should put some effort into her. That said, i'm not particularly impressed with Malfurion, so i suppose its better they leave her as is than turn her into some gnarly grand-ma.

Quote Originally Posted by Altrusion View Post
    Did you ever check out Thrall, the supposed "most important character in wow lore of all times" still wears his stockade pauldrons and some random vendor mace.

Guess hes been too busy leading the horde that he never got time to raid. Lets hope his upcoming wife in Nagrand had more time for raiding and found some new BoE items for him that looks a bit cooler.
    So you call "THE DOOMHAMMER" a "RANDOM VINDOR MACE" dude, get up the lore be4 u talk
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertaiment
    The only new glyph we are ready to announce right now is the Glyph of Divine Shield, which reduces the cast time of your Hearthstone whenever Divine Shield is active.

Just cause it doesnt come out in cata, can always come in a later patch.

Thanks to LRCollier for sig.
    100% Altoholic ;D

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    She doesn't need a custom model, really. She just needs a gear update like Magni, Vol'jin, Lor'themar etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Vesker View Post
    Wasn't that Tyrande before she became High Priestess?

Either way thats still probably not a good idea. It looks too similar to Sylvanas's outfit and we don't want to give Blizzard another excuse to use that armor model on someone else.
    Yes, that is Tyrande as a Sentinel prior to her acting as Elune's conduit. That picture represents a couple of the issues with Tyrande's model in WoW. She lost too much of her musculature in order to have a "hawt NE" model. She was, and still is, considered one of the greatest archers to ever live. I seriously doubt that she would have given up bow practice (see WC3). The other is her hair color as mentioned earlier.

As for the Shandris comment, I thought she was still a child at that point before becoming Tyrande protege.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    Yes, that is Tyrande as a Sentinel prior to her acting as Elune's conduit. That picture represents a couple of the issues with Tyrande's model in WoW. She lost too much of her musculature in order to have a "hawt NE" model. She was, and still is, considered one of the greatest archers to ever live. I seriously doubt that she would have given up bow practice (see WC3). The other is her hair color as mentioned earlier.

As for the Shandris comment, I thought she was still a child at that point before becoming Tyrande protege.
    She was considered a child in NE terms, not an actual child. I think she was just a bit younger than Jarod Shadowsong.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see her model updated. Now it just looks so.. generic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.