Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eDGe87 View Post
    Hi. I'm a holy paladin, and occasionally prot. You can't beat me, sorry.

There is no way in hell you can take down a good geared resilience stacking holy paladin, no matter how you use your cds. There simply won't be enough damage. But against a bad one with bad gear this is true I guess. The only way for you to apply any sort of pressure would be in a full set of BiS pve gear with shadowmourne included ofcourse. But even then I doubt it.
    Wow, that's so exciting

Quote Originally Posted by Zauber View Post
    Wow, that's so exciting
    It's even less exciting then that when happening in-game. Believe it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Desirie View Post
    Yeah, the glad Hpally I had a fucking fun duel with yesterday would like a word with you. The Hpally was on our roof and we ended up fighting each other there for at least 6 minutes before I killed him, he barely acted offensive at all, he was just healing himself due to the fact that for some reason he took a shitload of damage, so no he wasn't stacking resilience.
    As I said, there is no way you will take down a ->decent<- RESILIENCE STACKING holy paladin. Any decent holy paladin post patch will stack resilience, because the stat is dominating all other stats. So I guess he wasn't very good, or at least not up to date with the changes. I have 1664 resilience, 23k armor, I'd like to see you as a warrior do enough damage to sustain any pressure on me

Here would be a classic example of me duelling a warrior:

i keep myself at 90%+ hp with word of glory and an occasional holy shock. I stun the warrior, which he then trinkets. I keep myself up and wait for stun cd. I then pop divine favor -> stun -> wings -> spam exorcism, holy shock, and if he's not stacking resilience he will drop to enough hp for my hammer to finish him off. If he doesn't die, then at least hes low on hp, and scared shitless, and I will finish him off soon thereafter.
    Last edited by mmocbf46be2757; 2010-11-02 at 01:54 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.
    You made me laugh out loud, seriously. Saved my day, I love you.
    7-11 never stop

Hi. I play a Mage and a Warrior. I PvP as Frost - never stepped into Arena but I hold my own in Battlegrounds. Some fun facts:

- In full PvE gear (all but wand slot are 264/277), Ice Lance hits normally for 2k, crits for 4.3k, and auto-crits on frozen targets for 10k.
    - In full PvP gear (1.3k resilience, full relentless with wrathful off pieces and newly released rating weapons), Ice Lance hit normally for 1.85k, crits for 3.8k, and auto-crits on frozen targets for 9.2k.
    Those numbers are against the L80 dummies which presumably have no resilience, with only the Arcane Brilliance self-buff. With decent resil Ice Lance is not the terrifying beast some make it out to be.

Frost aims for a hard cap of 33.3% crit as the Shatter talent triples crit chance against Frozen targets. Targets count as Frozen when 1) caught in Deep Freeze, a 5s stun with a 30s cooldown only usable against targets already caught in a Frozen state, 2) rooted with one of the four freezing methods, or 3) the Mage has Fingers of Frost, which has a 30% proc rate on applying a Chill effect. They also receive two charges of FoF from using their Water Elemental's Freeze.

I eat Arms Warriors for breakfast. And yet, conversely, I eat Mages alive when I PvP on my Warrior in mostly PvE tanking gear (<400 resil). The secret seems to be to put down the two-handers, grab a shield, play Prot and stunfuck casters to insanity. Deep Freeze is Spell Reflectable. You don't even need to be Prot to use it - write a macro that switches to a shield and uses Spell Reflection. Hover your finger over it when engaging a Frost Mage, easily identifiable by the Icy Barrier. And yet less than one out of a hundred frozen warriors actually do this.

Guidelines from a mediocre PvPer who has played both sides of this war:
    - Use a PvP trinket.
    - No, seriously, you have no room to bitch if you're not using a trinket. You cannot "wait out" a Deep Freeze. Unless you're getting healed that's ~40k (more or less depending on buffs, cooldowns and resilience) damage in four globals while the Mage gleefully puts distance between you and him. Trinket Deep Freeze if you get caught, but there's a better way...
    - A Mage can't do serious damage unless you're in a frozen state. The four freezes are the Elemental's Freeze (25s CD), Frost Nova (20s CD), Cone of Cold (8s CD but a cone effect), and Shattered Barrier (triggered when Icy Barrier pops from damage, Barrier on a 24s CD).
    - Three of the four freezes are close range. Casters love to be at range so it's very easy to bait their most powerful and only long-range Freeze, the one from the Elemental, by getting their attention at range and then hitting Spell Reflection when you see them targeting you for the Deep Freeze.
    - Shield Slam is an offensive dispel. I don't believe dispels trigger Shattered Barrier. Frost Mages feel naked when they don't have a Barrier up.
    - Blink is just an opportunity to use Intercept. I use an admittedly complicated mouseover macro for tanking and PvP that combines my Taunt, Heroic Throw, Charge, Intercept and Interevene all on my middle mouse button. Works beautifully.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence [harm, mod:shift, @mouseover] Heroic Throw; [harm, mod:alt, @mouseover] reset=15 Charge, Intercept; [harm, @mouseover] Taunt; [mod:alt, help, @mouseover] Intervene
    - Talented+Glyphed Spell Reflection. It has a 6s CD and lasts for 5s. why aren't you hitting this when frozen or you see FoF on the mage, send those auto-crits right back at them
    - Watch for Cold Snap. It is a dangerous 8m cooldown that refreshes all of the Mage's other Frost cooldown timers including Deep Freeze, which can be very surprising to get caught in a second one after you reflected the first. Learn what the graphic looks like (sorta like Mage Ward but they wouldn't cast that fighting a Warrior).
    - The Mage can freeze you back to the ice age, you can be equally annoying with your stuns. Mages can Blink (15s CD) out of stuns, however, so wait until they've used it before opening up.
    - You do have a neglected Freeze breaker, Intervene, thanks to Warbringer. If there's an allied unit in the area, ping-ponging off them to the Mage's face is hilarious. See above macro for making it easy.

Quote Originally Posted by eDGe87 View Post
    As I said, there is no way you will take down a ->decent<- RESILIENCE STACKING holy paladin. Any decent holy paladin post patch will stack resilience, because the stat is dominating all other stats. So I guess he wasn't very good, or at least not up to date with the changes. I have 1664 resilience, 23k armor, I'd like to see you as a warrior do enough damage to sustain any pressure on me

Here would be a classic example of me duelling a warrior:

i keep myself at 90%+ hp with word of glory and an occasional holy shock. I stun the warrior, which he then trinkets. I keep myself up and wait for stun cd. I then pop divine favor -> stun -> wings -> spam exorcism, holy shock, and if he's not stacking resilience he will drop to enough hp for my hammer to finish him off. If he doesn't die, then at least hes low on hp, and scared shitless, and I will finish him off soon thereafter.

Before you call youself decent with 10 posts on the forums I'd like you to link your armory. And I disagree with resilience being the "dominant" stat atm, seeing as even with 1500 resilience you can get blown up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Girls who play Warriors?! What the hell? My world was just turned upside down. Did they remove the Paladin from the game?

Pummel VT

blow enraged regen as soon as you zerker rage the first fear

stun lock the shit out of the spriest as soon as you trinket their psychic horror

profit...

holy pallies are invincible on live

on beta, they die so easily its not even funny.

Make sure that whenever col smash is up, use it followed by ms overpower and hs (in that order usually)

as soon as they're below 40% hp, use throwdown and blow them the hell up. if you can help it, save throwdown for when you get a sudden death proc

ret is non-existent on beta. prot is invincible, don't even try

other warriors: rng based fight as long as you know to save trinket for throwdown and no how to heroic leap/intercept back in during a disarm

save throwdown for when you get col smash up on your target so they can't run away from you as soon as you get the debuff on them

mages are invincible if they're played well

if you want to have a slight chance, save bladestorm for ring of frost. otherwise, same as always, reflect frost bolts etc. you're probably gonna lose anyways though

all healers except priests are invincible on live unless they don't know how to play

all healers are easily beatable on beta as long as you know how to time pummels throwdowns and push out burst with col smash

demo locks are invincible

destro is beatable but you have to remain aware the entire time. if you can, bait a death coil reflect by trinketing their shadowfury

affliction is easily beatable

feral is invincible if played moderately well

rogues are beatable usually on beta. on live they'll blow you up before their dismantle wears off. on beta, if the rogue blows major cds at the start, there's no way you can survive. combat is useless atm

all prot specs are invincible on beta

blood and frost are beatable on beta. not sure about on live. just have to make sure you catch them with their ibf down for a throwdown col smash combo

hunters are easily beatable on beta. on live they're a bit tougher. you just have to know when you can save your charges and run up to their face, when they're going to burst you so you can blow shield block and stuff like that. save throwdown for when you know they can't get away.

sorry for horrible punctuation. just didn't feel like it today
    Last edited by Flaks; 2010-11-02 at 06:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    as a death knight, i truly hate disarm. theres no talent against it, and noone in the right mind will use a weapon chain on his DK. disarm and bladestorm is a suprisingly powerful combo, especially as a opener. most DK's will play defensive against a warrior for some can hit pretty hard.

Still laughing at this.

Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.
    Oh and thanks for the new signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post
    as a death knight, i truly hate disarm. theres no talent against it, and noone in the right mind will use a weapon chain on his DK. disarm and bladestorm is a suprisingly powerful combo, especially as a opener. most DK's will play defensive against a warrior for some can hit pretty hard.
    You can get a second weapon and runeforge -50% disarm on it, to equip it as soon as you see a rogue/warrior/whatever disarms these days.
    Swordshattering, if I recall name in english correctly
    Last edited by Zauber; 2010-11-02 at 09:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Desirie View Post
    Before you call youself decent with 10 posts on the forums I'd like you to link your armory. And I disagree with resilience being the "dominant" stat atm, seeing as even with 1500 resilience you can get blown up.
    Sorry, I should have said it's the dominant stat for healers. Why would I have to link my armory for being decent? Decent is nothing special. It's neither bad, nor very good. No I am not a gladiator. You don't have to be a gladiator in order to understand things and know how to play. Yes I've played arena in around 2k rating, which is nothing special, but enough to be "decent". No I won't link my armory.

You may think what you like, but the day I lose a 1v1 battle against a warrior at level 80, is the day I quit.

Also, what does WoW have to do with postcount on MMO-Champion? I don't get it.
    Last edited by mmocbf46be2757; 2010-11-02 at 10:38 PM.

Edge has a point I'm only sitting at 1400 resil right now and I beat both the warriors on my server that got glad this season. Between 1min divine protection trinket and the fact that bladestorm is now wetnoodlestorm, there is no chance any warrior from a 100 rating to a 3k rating will take down a wrathful geared holy paladin with enough wits to know what his CDs are the fight is impossible for you to win 1v1.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Silver
    "Now, you listen to me, James Hawkins. You got the makings of greatness in you, but you got to take the helm and chart your own course. Stick to it, no matter the squalls! And when the time comes you get the chance to really test the cut of your sails, and show what you're made of! Well, I hope I'm there, catching some of the light coming off you that day."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a demonology warlock

For any class: silence me during hand of guldan and both my fire and shadowspells r locked out. U can also interupt any other spell bcs the cast times r waaaay to long. My pet dies within a single hit and so do the other 2 felguards u'll meet in the same fight. My doomguard is retarded and refuses to atk half of the time. When i pop my demonform i'll burn u to hell, but anti-demonspells r a pain in the ass. My fear is just retarded, either u'll run around like a headless chicken, or u'll be stuck on 1 spot for 2 seconds, fear instantly breaks from just a dot tick. Last but not least, run out the hand of guldan or eat stuns...

For mages: just icelance me 3 times...

Quote Originally Posted by Kharismal Abyss View Post
    Hmm. Anyone for a guide on how to kill paladins as ANY class in the lower brackets? :P
    As a rogue?
    1. Just keep them stunned, when they bubble at low health, just Vanish.
    2. Bubble wears off, Cheap Shot and burn them down again.
    3. Win.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wish I knew how people got the "icelance crits for 20k, you can spam and win" thing. You can't spam icelance, it non-crits for about 2k, you're an idiot if you spam icelance. Also, an icelance crit when the target is frozen/FoF procced is about 10k.

Now, back on topic: I'm a lvl 55 mage. This is how to kill me:

Oh, and i have the 5 min CD trinket.
    When I open up w/ frostbolt, You should then charge me, and instantly open up w/ a hamstring. I'll then probably CoC and strafe away, and nuke you w/ one icelance (crits for about 1k) If your hamstring is the immobilizing kind (arm talent) I'll blink away. That's when you should intercept me. By that time, Ice barrier is probably gone, and shattered barrier will proc (6 sec freeze). In that case, you actually HAVE to trinket this or use something defensive, or if you're fury, use the talent that refreshes your intercept and frees you from snares, because that's when I start my infamous shatter combo. Also, did you know that there's a messed-up bug with freeze abilities? Even though 1 frostbolt (500 dmg) is enough to break the freeze, if I queue up an ice lance right after that, they both benefit from the freeze. That's a bug, and I hope to see that fixed. Anyways, you will be pummeled w/ two 500 hits, and if I'm lucky (13% crit chance, that's 39% on frozen targets) both abilities will crit, nuking for about 2k. Don't bother w/ my water elemental, and don't let me freeze you and start my combo unmolested (lol). Other then that, I hope the bug will be fixed, and to any allies on Thunderhorn (US), see you in the BGs!

P.S. I'm decked out in enchanted heirlooms and blue gear from instances and the AH (yes, i'm an idiot), so don't scream OP about the damage or the health pool.
    Last edited by Andok; 2010-11-03 at 12:26 AM.
    NOW THEN, QQ-ERS, TROLLS AND MORONS, PEOPLE WITH BRAINS, ENTERTAIN ME WITH YOUR FLAMEWARS!

(Property of Andok's Gnome-Torturing Emporium)

Deleted
    Hmm. Anyone for a guide on how to kill paladins as ANY class in the lower brackets? :P
    yeah, get a friends and team up on him

Prot Paladin PVP in Ret gear.. It is kind of stupid how easy the duels are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello, I am a Warrior and I-

You can't do that while Stunned.
    You are Dead.
    You are Dead.

Well...

I actually play a Rogue and... Oh god a shadow Priest...
    /Vanish

10+ Year Old Account
    Or a rogue...
    "zeeeeomg ima spec 3 points in dis sub tree and one shot any class because i r iz leet and rogue class taks no SKEEEELLLZZ"
    Anybody who levels a rogue in BG's and one shotting anybody who gets in your way is obviously a noob and you're showing everybody you don't have enough skill to play a class that requires at least 2 buttons to kill someone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrez View Post
    Or a rogue...
    "zeeeeomg ima spec 3 points in dis sub tree and one shot any class because i r iz leet and rogue class taks no SKEEEELLLZZ"
    Anybody who levels a rogue in BG's and one shotting anybody who gets in your way is obviously a noob and you're showing everybody you don't have enough skill to play a class that requires at least 2 buttons to kill someone
    Someone needs a nap.