Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    is it a huge deal that im at 16.93 hit rating? i really dont feel like reforging something again or changing out another gem...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    is it a huge deal that im at 16.93 hit rating? i really dont feel like reforging something again or changing out another gem...
    I think the chances for you missing on a boss fight is extremely low.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by burf View Post
    I think the chances for you missing on a boss fight is extremely low.
    I think the chances for him missing on a boss fight is 0.07% per spellcast.

No, never mind. I know that. Hard math is hard.

Deleted
    I heard FFB with haste and mastery was supposed to be better then fireball atm.
    Also mastery bad for fire rofl, it's sick, you try to do 17k dps on heroic target dummy without..

Wow you used your first post to be completely wrong, how do I remove Internets from you?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jontus View Post
    Wow you used your first post to be completely wrong, how do I remove Internets from you?
    Shift+Alt click the button.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    Yes.

Imagine a beautifully crisp clean bottle of water.

Now imagine a drop of blood infected with the zombie plague falls into that water right before you go to drink it. Although diluted it is still there and everyone can see it. Would you consider this water ok to drink?

The same is true for the hit cap. Being .07% under does not mean you are doing .07% less dps. The dps loss multiplies the shorter the fight gets.

Think of this another way. If you were .07% over the hit cap you would have absolutely nothing to worry about and life would be perfect. It would be like having the cleanest most pristine bottle of water and then someone walked by and said, "hey, that's a nice bottle of water you got there"

Don't be lazy get to the hit cap.

Deleted
    I'm confused with some glyphs too. Should I take Fireball glyph to increase crit or FFB glyph to put extra DoT on mob?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sithlord666 View Post
    I'm confused with some glyphs too. Should I take Fireball glyph to increase crit or FFB glyph to put extra DoT on mob?
    You can use both, which is what you want to do. Stack FFB to 3 stacks and keep it up and use fireball between. afaik.

Deleted
    Chances are indeed low, but still - once you miss combustion on target stuffed with juicy dots all your doubts will be gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maephyre View Post
    Yes.

Imagine a beautifully crisp clean bottle of water.

Now imagine a drop of blood infected with the zombie plague falls into that water right before you go to drink it. Although diluted it is still there and everyone can see it. Would you consider this water ok to drink?

The same is true for the hit cap. Being .07% under does not mean you are doing .07% less dps. The dps loss multiplies the shorter the fight gets.

Think of this another way. If you were .07% over the hit cap you would have absolutely nothing to worry about and life would be perfect. It would be like having the cleanest most pristine bottle of water and then someone walked by and said, "hey, that's a nice bottle of water you got there"

Don't be lazy get to the hit cap.
    Ridiculous metaphor. Having such a small chance to miss isn't all that bad. And please do tell how the dps loss that follows the undercap multiplies with shorter fights. It is perfectly fine, and maybe even true that with the gear gutnbrg has available, it's better than being x overcap, in favor of the other stats he'd be keeping with the small amount of miss chance he has left. Remember our 3.3.5 BiS list was 1 hit rating under the cap? It's wrong to assume that hit is important above all. What you will merely will find in always being above the cap is comfort. Your dps could be slightly worse, but it would suck in those few moments you miss in an awkward moment.

15+ Year Old Account
    With reforging, there's no excuse to be under cap, especially when it doesn't lower your DPS to be over anymore.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you mean "doesn't lower your dps anymore". Being overcap never reduced your dps in any way. It's the trade off for other beneficial stats that makes it non-worthwhile. I'm sure being 2 rating undercap and having 22 haste more is better than being 20 over the cap with 22 less haste than otherwise (just painting a reforging scenario).

I'm not saying it's good to be under the cap. I'm saying that it's possible that in certain scenarios, it's actually superior to the best alternative that includes a hit rating at or above the cap. Gearing isn't just setting up a program, pushing a button and waiting a couple of minutes for results anymore. All we have is a couple of guidelines to follow, the rest is for us to figure out ourselves. Just wait for rawr to come back in cata and it'll all be all right again. At least we can find some comfort in that it doesn't matter for shit anymore. There is nothing of "importance" left to do before the big tuesday in just short of a month.

600th post, by the way. Yay me!

15+ Year Old Account
    Being well over the cap meant you were sacrificing uncapped stats for a capped one. Therefore, your DPS was lower than, say, if you had less hit but more crit in its place. Now, you can gem for excess hit and reforge away to gain a greater number of other uncapped states.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Being well over the cap meant you were sacrificing uncapped stats for a capped one. Therefore, your DPS was lower than, say, if you had less hit but more crit in its place. Now, you can gem for excess hit and reforge away to gain a greater number of other uncapped states.
    Naturally. There will always, however, be a breaking point just around the cap. Assuming there isn't a scenario to land right on it, of course. If the breaking point is over a wide range, then it can be significant for your dps. Not significant enough to fight over after the end of the expansion, but it might come to be. The question for the person who started this discussion was (worded a bit differently) if it was better for him to stay 2 rating under the cap or reforge another piece and be x over the cap. My guess is that x is no less than 15, given the stats on our items right now. Then of course you can tweak and turn things, re-reforge another piece to land as close to the cap as possible. But whether you like it or not, in the majority of cases there will be a breaking point just around the cap. That is in essence what is interesting.