Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I do not like the KS nerf in the least. But I am not QQ'ing about it being nerfed, just that it was nerfed so much. Honestly..I don't even change my rotation anymore once the mob hits 20%. Glyphing KS to be able to use it twice for free right now doesn't help my DPS any as MM when I would just be popping one Steady Shot to give myself 2 more Arcane Shots, etc. I have only been able to do limited Dummy testing with it, though, since military has weakened my ability to play fully in this patch, at the moment, so I could be completely dumb in not using it.

Anyone else have actual dps parses comparing using Glyphed KS in the rotation compared to not glyphing it and removing it from your rotation entirely?

Quote Originally Posted by rabidclam View Post
    Because with the glyph you can use it twice, for the focus cost of 0.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland View Post
    Probably Kill Shot got nerfed because it has an effective cooldown of 3 seconds, and it's free. (That's with the glyph).
    Please stop bringing up the glyph as an argument. Hardly anything changed:

Old Kill Shot had a 12 sec cooldown, the glyph would reduce that by 6 seconds to a 6 sec CD. Most hunters used this glyph.

New Kill Shot has a 10 sec cooldown, the glyph allows you to shoot two in a row if the first doesn't kill.
    This means that you can fire 2 Kill shots every 11 seconds (since CD starts after the 2nd KS), which is an effective cooldown of 5.5 seconds, and not 3 seconds.

Get your facts straight. The cooldown on kill shot hardly changed.

-------

Now the fact it has 0 focus cost IS a reason to make it hit for less. But seriously. I'd prefer that they remove the glyph and have it hit for twice as hard than keep it like this.
    It's not about just the damage, it's about the feel as well. When Kill shot doesn't feel like a destructing final blow, it just doesn't feel right
    (Note though that KS is definitely still worth using, that much damage for 0 focus is definitely worth the GCD on it; it just doesn't have the same feel though.)

So talking about dps for hunters, since kill shot is crappy now, what is a better spec for a hunter to use to try to keep their dps better.

Am I the only one who noticed that the OP still has mana, Viper, and no Wild Quiver mastery on his DPS list? I don't think he patched up to 4.0 yet...
    But yea, Kill Shot needs a small buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ttrain View Post
    So talking about dps for hunters, since kill shot is crappy now, what is a better spec for a hunter to use to try to keep their dps better.
    Crappy Kill Shot does not affect the DPS ability of any of the specs, it's not a specific shot to a certain tree, so ur question doesn't make sense.

Because they feel that ret paladins needed kill shot and the ability to spam it when they feel like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Lol thats just insane and overpowered, nothing should hit that hard. Ever.
    Saw a mage's Arcane Blast crit for 128k this week. Your argument is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Saw a mage's Arcane Blast crit for 128k this week. Your argument is invalid.
    I've seen some just under 300k.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    Now the fact it has 0 focus cost IS a reason to make it hit for less. But seriously. I'd prefer that they remove the glyph and have it hit for twice as hard than keep it like this.
    It's not about just the damage, it's about the feel as well. When Kill shot doesn't feel like a destructing final blow, it just doesn't feel right
    (Note though that KS is definitely still worth using, that much damage for 0 focus is definitely worth the GCD on it; it just doesn't have the same feel though.)
    This is the head of the problem right here, and Foxx gets it right. It's seriously not about the damage. Arcane Shot crits for around 9-10k, Chimera Shot crits for around 11-12k, and KS crits for around 12-14k. Everything feels the same. Yes, focus is a great change, it makes the class quite a bit tougher and a lot more interesting to play, but the interestingness of focus is utterly offset by how absolutely boring the abilities have become. I will never abandon my hunter, because I love being a ranged bow-class, but something's gotta change there. Hopefully something does change.

---------- Post added 2010-11-03 at 09:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rockallnite View Post
    I've seen some just under 300k.
    Brb throwing self off balcony

Dunno if im doing this wrong... but by looking at recount you did kill shot four times? and it did a total of 330757 damage, if you divide that by the 4 shots its around 82689.25 damage per hit, That... is bad? ofc you was biten i guess... so take away the 100% damage so... 41344.625 (I guess? as its 100% more damage you would half it?) Then take away the 30% buff from ICC so... your left with 28941.2375? im not 100% as my maths fails but a 30k crit is still nice :P

Quote Originally Posted by Unionoob View Post
    aha, and now lets talk abot new Warrior Excute.
    Warrior execute is:
    1. Melee Range (Yes it does a WHOLE LOT of difference)
    2. Costs up to 30/100 Rage - If I'm not mistaken - No Glyph to make it cost no resource, unlike hunter's
    3. It only hits hard in PvE - In PvP it does considerable damage but not too lethal

Quote Originally Posted by NoxSSDK View Post
    Dunno if im doing this wrong... but by looking at recount you did kill shot four times? and it did a total of 330757 damage, if you divide that by the 4 shots its around 82689.25 damage per hit, That... is bad? ofc you was biten i guess... so take away the 100% damage so... 41344.625 (I guess? as its 100% more damage you would half it?) Then take away the 30% buff from ICC so... your left with 28941.2375? im not 100% as my maths fails but a 30k crit is still nice :P
    The OP's screenshot is pre-4.0. You would be fortunate to see a kill shot crit 15k in ICC, with the 30% buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Damage14 View Post
    Warrior execute is:
    1. Melee Range (Yes it does a WHOLE LOT of difference)
    2. Costs up to 30/100 Rage - If I'm not mistaken - No Glyph to make it cost no resource, unlike hunter's
    3. It only hits hard in PvE - In PvP it does considerable damage but not too lethal
    uhhhhh. Trollercoaster.gif

Because Warriors are never ever ever in melee range. They do all their damage by screaming mean things about my mother. We need to Glyph our Kill Shot to make it a fraction of it before 4.0. In PvP does it crit for more than 3k? Yes? Then it's better.

Quote Originally Posted by Damage14 View Post
    Warrior execute is:
    I think you don't know what the glyph does do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Kill Shot being free makes me think that they're not going to be in too much of a hurry to fix it, unless they change it to be a cost again.

I can definitely see it being considered "too powerful" if it did damage for free; however it's only a 8 to 10 Focus regen during the 2 seconds, not exactly game breaking. It really feels like their idea for it is to blow your Focus and then hit the Kill Shots while on empty.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    Please stop bringing up the glyph as an argument. Hardly anything changed:

Old Kill Shot had a 12 sec cooldown, the glyph would reduce that by 6 seconds to a 6 sec CD. Most hunters used this glyph.

New Kill Shot has a 10 sec cooldown, the glyph allows you to shoot two in a row if the first doesn't kill.
    This means that you can fire 2 Kill shots every 11 seconds (since CD starts after the 2nd KS), which is an effective cooldown of 5.5 seconds, and not 3 seconds.

Get your facts straight. The cooldown on kill shot hardly changed.
    The old Kill Shot had a 15 second cooldown. You were a little harsh considering your facts weren't even straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Unionoob View Post
    aha, and now lets talk abot new Warrior Excute.
    execute does the same as the old killshot. and its not new, its just not fucked over from arms pvp anymore.

so if your mad about that, then your either an idiot, or believe in double standards.
    No world! You put YOUR hands up!

hes talkin about glyphed kill shot...

Whats funny is your facing a warrior in pvp, and both of you just have below 20% health you kill shot hes not dead and before you GCD is up he executes and your dead...

Nerfing Kill Shot and Aimed shot is like nerfing...something already shitty.

They really need to not turn us into ranged rogues. I know we've always been as a close a counter-part to them as there is, besides feral druids, but changing a playstyle -that- much is uncalled for. Paladins getting 'combo' points is one thing, but turning a class from a high-movement semi-bursty pet class to a 'my shots hit for nothing but I shoot ten at once' class is not fun.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    they put a nerf into another nerf so we can QQ while QQing

anyway good thing, i can remove AiS from the actionbar, 1 less spell to bind