Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Starcraft 2 also shoots out this error, im pretty positive its just regular maintenance being irregular.

Quote Originally Posted by will5234 View Post
    What I have noticed on this whole thread there is NO USEFULL INFORMATION just a bunch of cons complaining

Here is what Blizzard says to do........

run cmd

ipconfig /release

wait 30sec

ipconfig /renew

wait

inconfig /flushdns

If this does not work It is due to Realm being down OR Windows Firewall you accidently pressed block

Internet explorer has nothing to down with WoW's launcher or the ports it uses

If you dick around with your settings in Internet explorer change them back because whoever posted that worked has a IQ of a muskrat

Now if your problem continues to not work after realms are online Call tech support directly at 7am Pacific time to not be on hold for 5 hours with 12 year olds with "WHY IS MY CHARACTER GREEN" calling them

here is there number 1-800-592-5499

soon as you hear ladys voice press 1 then press 2 that will direct you in english to techsupport live

-TheGodfather

Very unhelpful post. Has not worked for anyone. Please stop posting useless information.

The servers are down.

If youd bother to read a help file or 2, it says check the status of the servers before doing anything else.

its on their end guys, relax. will work again after maintenance

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hurr durr it's maintenance day!

Quote Originally Posted by diablós View Post
    servers are down for maintainence until 9:00 am (pst)

this includes launcher server, thus the error.
    11:00 am (pst)

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    The servers are down just wait it out its not gonna be any faster if you screw something up and have to fix that to just read forums, play in the snow, or watch t.v. until the 11 ma is over

So who likes kittens?

Quote Originally Posted by Demei View Post
    So who likes kittens?
    i do there really cute! D_D

Just got off the phone with Blizzard Tech Support

Problem will be fixed as soon as realms are online

Have a great day guys

-TheGodFather from tankspot.com

there is nothing wrong on your side, it cant get patching info because the servers arent online yet.

Quote Originally Posted by will5234 View Post
    Just got off the phone with Ric Romero Brand Blizzard Tech Support

Problem will be fixed as soon as realms are online

Have a great day guys

-TheGodFather from tankspot.com
    I just got off the phone with them too, they informed me that water was wet.

thank god its not us

i was trying to link my youtube account with my 'google' account, which is ridiculous, but i couldnt use anything on youtube...

anyway i was doing that, and i didnt have a google account, i go to create one, says i already have one, i go to send username/password, wont send.....now youtube wont open so i give up and go to play wow....now i get this 'launcher cannot obtain patching info."

ugh

the 2nd thread about the same problem found FIVE seconds after i looked at the 1st...please use the search button? it would reduce threads that are out there by approximately 50%. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by willsucks View Post
    I just got off the phone with them too, they informed me that water was wet.
    XD they told me that air is...airy O.O

Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    11:00 am (pst)
    my bad 11 am pst

If you click on the launcher believing that it will fail, it works! Reverse psychology FTW!

Old topic is old, maintenance day is maintenance day, and redundancy is redundant.