No bite on h BQL?

so we we're doing our normal clear night in ICC 25 and got to BQL heroic. Started the boss, i ( a boomkin) got a lucky string of crits and eclipse proc with starfall and was pulling 30kish. I pulled aggro right when the boss normally sends out a bite, recieved a salv and a bop, then the tank taunted back. No bite went out and we ended up just power housing through and downing it due to great dps. I was wondering why no bite went out. Was it because the boss was on someone that didn't have the blood mirror? or was it possibly put on me then the bop instantly took it off? Or was it just one of those random glitches where it never went out.

Thanks for the responses

we had 2 in our raid tonight that said their "bite bar" never came up. I would normally call BS on this, but these are respectable raiders.

I always found that fight to be pretty random at times. Had a healer get bit two attempts in a row for some odd reason.

Grunt
    15+ Year Old Account
    I know from personal experiance you can not bite a player currently under the effects of BoP or other physical immunities such as iceblock and divine protection...? the non shield wall bubble at any rate. It's likely you were BoP'd a fraction of a second before she bit you, but after she had already started moving towards you. As far as I know she wont change targets if her current bite target is immune or somehow dead.

I cry a little every time we do BQL now because the damn warriors always ninja the first bite, and we dont even see a second fear anymore... fights just dont seem as fun when I cant use my major CD's at least twice

Quote Originally Posted by gookslammer View Post
    I always found that fight to be pretty random at times. Had a healer get bit two attempts in a row for some odd reason.
    Not sure if you mean since the patch or not but I actually got the bite on my holy pally before 4.01. I had the 51/20 spec where righteous fury gave a damage reduction so I had it on and got the first bite. That's how I learned not to put it on until after she bites someone lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh I've gotten it multiple times on my resto shammy just from healing aggro. x__x Of course these weren't terribly good pugs but everyone was at least 8k so it was still weird.

Also this thread is in the wrong place.
    Last edited by Aveykin; 2010-11-03 at 06:35 AM.

Aerie Peak 90 / 90 / 90 / 90 / 90 / 90 / 86 / 90 / 90 Kel'Thuzad 90 Tichondrius 90 / 90

We've had it go on the offtank, the maintank, healers, someone afk outside the fight area, all sorts of things. The last one was pretty funny, she ran partway through the wall to bite him.
    I swear she's programmed every 100 pulls or something to go "hmm how can i screw this raid... *bite tank*"

P.S. It's kinda sad that raids can kill H BQ without using a bite at all these days. Talk about trivializing fight mechanics...

Thats why its heroic mode...
    DUH!
    Stupid casual!

JK

Try and beast thru it its only 72ish mil or wait a few days for a tickey

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZzXK View Post
    Try and beast thru it its only 72ish mil or wait a few days for a tickey
    See:

Quote Originally Posted by omgooses View Post
    and we ended up just power housing through and downing it due to great dps
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

maybe if OP would of learned how to watch his aggro the problem wouldnt of happen

but to be honest,maybe its still bugged.i know after the patch(i think)ive had adds somehow get pulled from the hallway in the middle of fighting blood queen before

Quote Originally Posted by Purenight View Post
    we had 2 in our raid tonight that said their "bite bar" never came up. I would normally call BS on this, but these are respectable raiders.
    First week after patch this happened to me. Haven't been back since.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

BQL is just retarded, there is no set mechanic for the bite and it's retarded how the bites happen. I've had twice where I bit someone and still got MC'd, once when it mattered (back when there were not 30+ attempts and everyone knew the fight) and once recently both times I saw my bite debuff on my target and still got MC'd.

The entire fight makes about as much sense as a donkey riding a kitten with only 2 legs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleguy
    Hi, my druid is currently lvl 75 and i'm going for resto at lvl 80, so my question is, what is the most used resto healing rotation?.

Deleted
    We had the same problem yesterday on Normal 25. No bites were given out by BQL. We made it 1 second before the enrage timer. A friend of mine also had the problem on Normal 10. So I guess it's is bugged.