Thread: Crybaby tanks

Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

Crybaby tanks

So this is a rant, but I had to post about it. sorry about the incoming wall of text.

I was on my 71 mage, just got in a group for nexus. Immediately as I join, the tank says, "You pull-you tank!". I thought, whatever. If I pull surely he will not care then, since he's offering me the chance to tank. Surely enough I pull a mob off him on the third group (there was only 2 mobs he was tanking, kinda funny.) He immediately stops everything he's doing, starts to dance, and says "Now what did I say?". Now I got a laugh out of it because the mob died easily and I took no damage whatsoever... so I told him his attitude was in poor form. This set him off I guess, and he went on a huge tirade of insults about how I'm a bad mage, spamming AB is for scrubs, etc etc. Then he refuses to pull anything else and just sits there, just because I pulled a mob off him..

Oh yeah, he did get vote kicked but the group fell apart anyways.

Anyways, anyone else have any similar stories of crybaby tanks?

Very interesting.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...eat-meter.aspx

Also read the sig. It's always correct. The last part.

Also remember to target the tank's target. Not editing this in at all to make it seem like I'm correct. Not at all.
    Last edited by Notmagnik; 2010-11-03 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rolecks View Post
    I think I should be able to fly anywhere I want. I mean ffs I'm riding around on the skeleton of a giant fire-breathing dragon and I'm wielding a legendary weapon that destroyed the Lich King, but if I want to take a trip to Thunder Bluff I gotta wait for the public bus while some level 5 /pokes the shit outta me.

Sounds like it was just a douche.. Nothing to do with his role.

Funnily enough i've had the exact same thing happen to me.. In Nexus too.
    Only we didnt end up disbanding.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines) :-(

Whatever the unknown details on OP's story, it's a fact that lots of tanks these days are prima donna's, there's a shortage of them and they'll vendor all their epics before they let ANYBODY forget that, though the whole "1 problem: ragequit"-mentality over the entire playerbase isn't helping either...

Quote Originally Posted by Notmagnik View Post
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...eat-meter.aspx

Also read the sig. It's always correct. The last part.
    I have omen. I pulled off him with two arcane blasts, and no I didn't start casting it before he got in there. I wasn't looking to pull threat off him; it just happened.

Anyways I just wanted to see if anyone had any similar stories as I usually am playing a tank and I never act this way on mine. If a dps pulls off I taunt the mob because it's not hard and it's part of my role.. 100% certain that's why they implemented taunt anyhow.

in general OP is right, a lot of tanks are just crybabys. when i tank and someone pulls a mob of me, i just taunt it back. so what..not that it costs anything. in heros it's even not that big of a problem for dps to tank. with my fury warrior i often have aggro from one mob or two. if anyone had a right to cry...it would be the healer. and as a healer i also don't care, I just heal and if the dps dies..he dies. rezz, next mob thnx.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Clearly if there was only two mobs you were attacking the wrong one, try /assist
    Damn you beat me to it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by beanburrito View Post
    So this is a rant, but I had to post about it. sorry about the incoming wall of text.

I was on my 71 mage, just got in a group for nexus. Immediately as I join, the tank says, "You pull-you tank!". I thought, whatever. If I pull surely he will not care then, since he's offering me the chance to tank. Surely enough I pull a mob off him on the third group (there was only 2 mobs he was tanking, kinda funny.) He immediately stops everything he's doing, starts to dance, and says "Now what did I say?". Now I got a laugh out of it because the mob died easily and I took no damage whatsoever... so I told him his attitude was in poor form. This set him off I guess, and he went on a huge tirade of insults about how I'm a bad mage, spamming AB is for scrubs, etc etc. Then he refuses to pull anything else and just sits there, just because I pulled a mob off him..

L2Omen.

I have that same macro for the start of heroic's on my paladin tank as there isn't anything more annoying than seeing a mob run off just as you start to get aggro on the mobs. I'll be looking forward to seeing the wrathalol's all drop out as they over dps in heroics and constant wiping. GL

I've been playing my 33 priest. She's disc, and I'm specced for Smite healing. First off, the tank gives me shit for DPSing when I should be healing, even though everyones pretty much topped off. He calls me an idiot and a noob for not using shields properly, and gives me more shit for pulling agro on everything. He thinks I'm pulling agro because I'm casting Smite on a single target.

This tank was pulling multiple groups and I would pull agro because of healing. It was a little rough, but we finally wiped because of it on one of the pulls before the last boss.

Without meaning to be talking shit or anything, I told him that he needs to get agro on the first group before he pulls the next. He was a Druid and I knew he had Swipe, so I told him to go in and Swipe and wait for it to cooldown before he takes the next group. This is what I do on my 44 Warrior, only with Thunderclap.

He get's all defensive and tells me he had agro cause of it roar. I blanked and thought he meant growl but he quickly linked me Challenging Roar, which makes them attack him for 6 or 10 seconds or whatever. But they attacked me so he didn't have agro, and I said that I had healing agro so whatever he did wasn't enough. I don't think he used it, maybe he miss clicked or something, but he didn't have agro.

So he goes off on me for being a terrible healer (even though no one died before this) and tells me I can't get it up during raids (although I've never tried). He leaves, and the DPS gets angry because we don't have a tank and tells me I should learn to stay in the kitchen and keep my mouth shut.

So I tanked the last couple of groups and the boss.

Long story for such a small situation, but that was tonights asshole. So much for helping people.

Why are people so afraid to be wrong or to not be perfect? If someone told me how I could do better, I'd love it. Sadly it's usually me telling others. Well, not too sad about it. I'm allowed to have an ego, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Reva View Post
    L2Omen.

I have that same macro for the start of heroic's on my paladin tank as there isn't anything more annoying than seeing a mob run off just as you start to get aggro on the mobs. I'll be looking forward to seeing the wrathalol's all drop out as they over dps in heroics and constant wiping. GL
    Most people just don't care anymore. When I Boomkin or Destro it up, I pull agro and attack whatever I click on first because it simply does not matter. I'm not going to die. If I did, it it actually mattered, I wouldn't. But it doesn't so I just don't care.

I suppose I should be honest and say that sometimes I do die, and I don't mind. The healer was doing the same thing, wasn't caring and probably just chain healed the tank while zoning out. This is because it doesn't matter.

Tanks need to understand that. Hell, everyone does. I don't play well in every random, that doesn't mean I'm a shitty player. I just don't do randoms to get all into it. It's too easy to actually pay attention to it.

When Cata comes out, I'll pay attention in 5 mans again. Most people will.
    Last edited by asadawa; 2010-11-03 at 07:10 AM.

Clearly if there was only two mobs you were attacking the wrong one, try /assist
    Right... but is it really hard for him to taunt the mob back to him? Is it such a big deal that he needs to stall the group over something as trivial as that? Keep in mind his statement was "You pull it-You tank it", not "You pull it-I'm gonna ragequit and cry in a corner".

Maklor was tanking

reroll to a tank class, play a while in tank shoes and enjoy the nice dps tanks have to enjoy every day.
    Even if you did nothing wrong, you will understand why almost nobody wants to tank anymore.

I stopped tanking for anyone but guildies because of the elite mentality of 5k gs+ dps.
    That's 3 tanks less to worry about because you want to be able to pull.

Most of our other tanks in our guild stopped playing or stopped pugging.
    Almost all because of pug DPS and the fact they get verbal abuse every day, even when they do their job almost perfect.

There isn't a shortage of tanks, the real shortage is tanks who will tolerate behavoir nobody would accept in real life.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lame tanks are lame, votekick them.

Been tanking on my warrior since Vanilla.

In the very rare event any caster pulls aggro off of me the mob never gets within melee range of the caster before I regain aggo.
    If a Melee pulls aggro I wont notice it until I hit that mob via tab targeting (Don't use tidy plates)

15+ Year Old Account
    No offence but i agree with the tank, the amount of idiots in randoms these days is really quite horrendous, and unfortunately its not just down to mages. Im currently leveling a healer through spamming randoms and guaranteed every single time, sure enough, theres a hunter pulling random mobs, dps warriors charging into different packs, locks not looking were they are going and pulling.
    Its no wonder poor tanks leveling up get pissed off, cos i know it sure pisses me off when some douche pulls when its not their job, i dont care if your an alt in looms that knows the place or a brand new player its no excuse to be pulling anything, know your role and dont be a douche = happy panda tanks and ultimately a happy group.

And remember - dps are a dime a dozen, tanks and healers, not so.
    Last edited by ryan1mcq; 2010-11-03 at 07:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do agree he overreacted, but as a owner of two tanks which I both leveled mostly in 5mans, I have to say, even if the agroed mobs don't kill the dps, it's still highly annoying when they just don't care. Many times I've just ignored them and cba to taunt them (mostly when they've pulled them before I have done anything to them). What do dps gain when they open all their masterblaster to a mob I have either taunt-pulled or thrown a weapon at them?

EDIT: And before 4.0.1 the reason to dps pulling agro on normal situation during a fight, is because there are more than 3 targets and the dps selects a random target that I'm holding onto with just thunderclap. And don't say "tab target lolz", because it's not necessery if the dps would just target what I'm targeting. It's uber hard I know, but it's doable.
    Last edited by Kilpi; 2010-11-03 at 07:07 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Whatever the unknown details on OP's story, it's a fact that lots of tanks these days are prima donna's, there's a shortage of them and they'll vendor all their epics before they let ANYBODY forget that, though the whole "1 problem: ragequit"-mentality over the entire playerbase isn't helping either...
    You know, there's a reason why there's a shortage on tanks. Tanking is a stressful job, and it's not made any easier by unmindful dps nuking without a care for their threat.

To the OP: You should probably have attacked the target he was focusing on instead. Yes, he was obviously a jerk, but for another time, don't attack the target the tank's got the least threat on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanburrito View Post

there are so many people who think just rolling a tank makes them pro, and more important than anyone else. that particular reaction is used only after you ask someone to try not to pull so much threat, these kids in dungeons and heroics could probably make me laugh myself to death at how bad they are for trying to take it seriously.

I do sometimes let people tank shit if they pull it, but that's usually if they can't wait 2 or 3 seconds to drop a fucking bomb. and even then, heals make it fine. cuz dungeons and heroix 4 welfar epix hard. srs bizniss. moar mispeld memez
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2010-11-03 at 02:58 PM.