Thread: Crybaby tanks

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gamhacked View Post
    The words you use make you sound like a queer, or a woman. Which is it?

The words you use make you sound like a neanderthal, or an 8 year old. Which is it?

I've been tanking for years. I can tell you the frustration with 5 man instances is that (so far) the tank has a lot more to do then the DPS. The DPS just fire away and the tank has to worry about about cooldowns (if not well geared) aggro on 3-5 mobs and a "rotation" on top of that. I dont agree with tanks that wont pull cause of the DPS but I have said you pull it you tank it before, cause there are some days where you dont have to feel like scroll taunting. Some days its not bad and makes the instance fun cause you got a lot going on at once.

i believe people like OP are the main reason why theres a tank shortage

Quote Originally Posted by Reucht View Post
    Gz belian, you took aggro from an undergeared tank. God.
    Lol you make me giggle, cause thats exactly what I did, but the point remains, if you can't hold aggro why use the macro to begin with, you are going to end tanking nothing lol.

Rant in front of a mirror, please. No need for us to see this since it lacks any other purpose than "ranting".

As for the rest of the thread, seems like there's an argument about what DPS and tanks should do. There are hardly any rules for a unique group.
    Some tanks don't give a shit about someone pulling aggro or even a DPS pulling a pack on purpose. They'll just pick it up and go through the rest of the dungeon with the same attitude. If such a tank is present, DPS don't have to pay attention to anything (unless of course they might actually die and that will really affect the group, like in HoR). In other groups, it will be the DPS who watch their threat, assist the tank and EVEN use threat-managing abilities. I've gotten a hunter in my random a few days ago, he'd MD to me at every pull, I could hardly stop myself from telling him to stop it! Lulz. Or it might be a healthy mix of both, decent tank and good dps. And the healer as well.
    As long as the group works, nothing else matters.
    Last edited by Creotor; 2010-11-03 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minti View Post
    Unfortunately like you far to many tanks have this mentality and for that I thank blizzard for duel spec.
    /agree 100%
    And to the quoteds quoted, tanks are not god, you just like to think so. If you are having so many problems with tanking , bad dps.... then maybe tanking isn't for you. If you are really that anal then don't pug, so I don't have to deal with your god complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Belian View Post
    I am not saying is OK for the DPS to steal aggro, but it also depends on the Tank, there are tanks that simply don't know their threat rotation and they have the nerve to say "Don't Steal Aggro".

Last week I was doing a dungeon with a friend, since he was healer I queue as DPS, so anyway we get this tank and he start spamming "If You Aggro you Tank it", funny thing is that I had more HP than him in my DPS gear, we were doing UK, he was a warrior, he charged into a group and then proceed to use thunderclap, after he did that I threw a Howling Blast, because thats how DK frost start their rotation, as soon as I use Howling Blast all the mobs come to attack me and the tank starts saying he was going to do nothing like a cry baby, so I told him I was going to tank and that I dare him to aggro 1 mob of me without taunting, he couldn't, all I did was put him on focus and hit whatever he was hitting and use death and decay and Blood Boil for group pulls.

My point is, if you are a bad tank don't use this macro's saying "If you aggro it you tank it" and well if you are good you most likely don't need the macro, at least not for dungeon heroics, lol.

Edit: If you are a Warrior and you lose Aggro I can deal with, but if you are a DK, Druid or Paladin Tank and you lose Aggro, just role something else.

Also this is true if you can keep aggro atm, please don't tank in CATA, I do have a lot of problem with aggro in CATA cause of the DPS not stoppping to DPS, but CATA is not out yet, so all the tanks with aggro problem is on you or if the DPS have a lot of gear, which I doubt cause people with high end gear don't do dungeons.
    Thread depends on damage. Your gear must of been way better than the tanks and I guess this is why you pulled. But before we blame this to that, Vengance is here to fix this so lets assume for Blizzards sake that Vengance worked. It will be very easy to blame the tank here for not generating enough TPS, but do you have to really hit each target with 10k damage as soon as the tank touches them? Aggro is different in Cataclysm (and 4.0.1 in general). DPS are now more responsible than ever to not overaggro, however the tank is also responsible to be spell hit capped and expertise capped.

Its dual spec minti and from the amount of crap you have been spouting I hardly think you're any good as tank or even have tanked for that matter. The tank is god becuz he is the leader, he defines the pace and coordinates the tacs. Not a single tank would defend a dps that overaggroed and swallowed a 40k hit, flame breath, cleave, cone aoe,... whatever.

You're that guy who thinks recount is god. It's not and you'll learn soon enough.

The only tanks that have problems with threat right now are death knights

every body else who loses threat needs to l2p

i never lose agro...ever.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Skullcrack View Post
    You're still failing at reading comprehension. Or did you just miss the part where the tank's responsibility is to "generate as much threat as possible"? I'm responsible to the healer because the healer has to heal me which generates threat, I'm not responsible in the same way to the DPS because the DPS can just stop or switch targets if they see they're in danger of aggroing in Omen.

It's you who doesn't understand your role in a group. You think that just because in WotLK heroics DPS has been able to go all out on any target they want without tank losing threat, that is the correct way to play. I don't really blame you, people who never did vanilla dungeons or TBC heroics generally haven't had to learn how to play correctly.

I mean precisely what I say. I challenge you to find one sentence that is incorrect. You just cannot comprehend simple English.
    Tank role is to protect your group against mobs. Generating TPS is a recuirement, you hitting for 20k in 5 seconds will generate a lot more aggro than the tank hitting for 4-5k

Quote Originally Posted by Gorehowl View Post
    i cant wait for cata so when dps pull off me they sit there and think " oh whatever itll die when it gets to me this is easy" and then you get 1 shot. have fun.
    to bad theres to many retards who queue for random heroics,but i guess blizzard didnt think about that first before there attempt at making things hard

no but i have met a bunch of asshole tanks since i started doing random dungeons for outland(mostly pally tanks, which i find odd since my main was a pally tank and i was never a douche)

Derailed the Cereal Thread

No, I'm not saying anything like that. In fact I'm saying the opposite, if DPS did their job correctly then tank being bad would not cause them to get aggro. Once again: Correctly played DPS will never pull aggro, if you pulled aggro you failed.
    Do you even PLAY this game? Serious question, do you? There is no doubt in my mind that you honestly don't, otherwise you're in the shittiest battlegroup ever. Every single person I ever get put into a random with anymore is so insanely outgeared it's not even funny. Healers DPSing, Tanks in DPS gear with DPS specs, and there's not a damn thing wrong with it. Someone pulls off my pally tank, or even pulls for me - shrug - I have the tools to deal with it, and I'm not going to /sit in a corner and cry about it because a poor widdle DPS pulled a mawb *sniffle* =[

Now let me ask you, what's the tank's job? That's right! To hold aggro. When the tank LOSES aggro (effectively not then doing their job) it is THEIR fault for not taunting it back and using the tools available to THEM.

Sure, it may have been the way you said it back in Vanilla in 1.1 when I started playing as more than just a timedump, and it was, also in TBC. But the game changes and if you REFUSE to change with it and accept the new ways of doing things, then you're just as ignorant as the DPS you're crying about. If you want to be stuck in 2004, then good on you, but the rest of us here in reality will realize that tanks aren't as necessary as they used to be, and sure things will change with Cataclysm. But here's the thing - this isn't Cataclysm yet - so I shant be playing as if it were. And if you think this is bad, just wait until 3-4 months after Cataclysm launches when everybody is capped and heroics are even more trivial because of the insanely inflated numbers.

As I've said before: Without the DPS, the tank fails, without the tank, we do just fine.

Learn to taunt, learn to use your cooldowns, learn to not be a lazy asshole and demand this to be your playground simply because you're a "necessary" fixture. Those instant queues don't make you as special as you think.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    It's not my fault that tanks are irrelevant at every level of content.
    ^Mark this as the dumb$&!% comment of the day.

Come on fellow dps lets go zerg ICC w/o tanks, and all you tanks that would have saved our asses before being "irrelevant" can use your OS and get carried.
    Subpariah, Subreign, Substrate, Subjugation, Subdemise, Balaal Zul'Jin

Well as a tank i couldnt care less if dps get agro on the mobs....if i loose agro or the trigger happy dps pulls an extra pack ,ill do everything i can to agro the extra mobs and not let any1 get damage..
    But hey thats my ideia of a challenge....
    the problem is that the only way the tank can have some FUN in this GAME is to agro the mobs....if you take this away from tanks ,why should we even queue for random dungeons?
    by all means,have the fun you can have....nuke the crap out of all the mobs i agroed,if u got agro be sure that ill do everything i can to get agro back,but plz let me have my share of fun too....
    i rolled a tank to TANK mobs...not to try to dps in tank gear...

You're still failing at reading comprehension. Or did you just miss the part where the tank's responsibility is to "generate as much threat as possible"? I'm responsible to the healer because the healer has to heal me which generates threat, I'm not responsible in the same way to the DPS because the DPS can just stop or switch targets if they see they're in danger of aggroing in Omen.
    Glad you don't raid...
    It's you who doesn't understand your role in a group. You think that just because in WotLK heroics DPS has been able to go all out on any target they want without tank losing threat, that is the correct way to play. I don't really blame you, people who never did vanilla dungeons or TBC heroics generally haven't had to learn how to play correctly.
    Actually I have been playing since vanilla. I was the guilds OT that got to Twins. I then played a rogue for BC where we cleared BT before the dropped the attunments. I've now downed HLK, so yah I kinda do know how to play correctly since I'm always on top of the dps with much better then average situational awareness. With all that I don't pull of my MT's because they are good, if I come close I simple ask for salv, problem solved. But it seems like you are just another WotLK dungeon hero who plays the old schooler card as if you know what you're talking about. I remember people like you who just now got to raid higher end content because Blizzard made it accessible to anyone that can hit max level.

I mean precisely what I say. I challenge you to find one sentence that is incorrect. You just cannot comprehend simple English.
    do as much threat as he can without getting killed
    Read that, then re-read it. You MAY mean use all your cooldowns to maximize your survival, but what your saying is you need to do as much threat so you don't die

15+ Year Old Account
    So because the tank is bad you should play like an idiot? Ok, I simply do not agree with that.
    No. You play normally, using your aggro dumps, trying to find the target with the most threat on, but if that's not enough it's not your fault. Throttling dps to 50% or less of your potential just because the tank is a retard is not acceptable.

Blizzard, Please Nerf Rock. Paper is fine. Signed Scissors.

Really folks blaming each other for stupid crap like this THIS LATE IN THE XPAC is stupid and just a Flame war.

i think the whole lot of us got trulled TBPH.

one last response from me:

in current tier gear, your right you CAN in fact run a group with no tank. or if you have a good tank you can run with 4 DPS. it doesn't matter now. what matters is in 33 days a new expansion is coming out, and at that point its going to matter again.

tanks: yes we can be jerks. but we pay for it (name another role that gets repair bills no matter what.) and we don't like it when ppl do our job for us. if you want to tank, Tank. I'll get my kitty gear on and we can continue.

DPS: you people can be over opinionated self important /b/tards in random LFG who practically need a 2nd party slot for you EGO. your job is to deal damage WITHOUT PULLING OFF THE TANK. so DO IT and get loot / exp / rep or whatever ur there for! if you pullin off the tank, your bad. (unless the tank is bad. ask the healer.)

healers: i got nuthin lol. dont be bad :P

Quote Originally Posted by Truefacts View Post
    But here's the thing - this isn't Cataclysm yet - so I shant be playing as if it were.
    You are aware that that Cataclysm tanking trees and changes went live in 4.0.1., including making AoE tanking significantly weaker for many tanks?

Quote Originally Posted by Muezick View Post
    The only tanks that have problems with threat right now are death knights
    Wut?