Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    BTW: Alex is the Life-Binder, not Bender. :P
    BITE HER COLLOSSAL RED DRAGON ASS !!

Mistake noted

If I recall correctly from the Knaak books Ysera and Alex. also blessed the seed who later became Nordrassil. Recently after the WotA ended

Once again a "proof" of their close bond and "profession"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    In the book Day of the Dragon by Knaak (curse his hide), it is implied that Tyranastrasz, Alex's first consort, was older than her. This is proof that the red dragonflight already existed before she did and so it's likelly that there was a Red Aspect before her as well.
    Just because he was older than Alex, doesn't mean that there was an aspect before her. All of the aspects were created at the same time by the Titans. They were created from Galakrond, then given their powers.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deekayy View Post
    Just because he was older than Alex, doesn't mean that there was an aspect before her. All of the aspects were created at the same time by the Titans. They were created from Galakrond, then given their powers.
    When I talk about Aspects before the 5 guys we know now, I'm not saying it happened, only that it could have happened. The lore explains the 5 dragonflights were created from Galakrond and that Aspects were made out of them, but at no point it states that they were the same Aspects we see now. When Alexstrasza talks about Galakrond on that chain to prevent Scourge necromancers from rezzing him, she mentions he was huge and ubber powerful, but she never say anything about he being her father, something I would expect out of her.

We know there will be a new Aspect after Malygos, maybe there could have been an old one before him and the other 4 as well.

Deleted
    The dragons werent created by the titans. they we're only gifted by the titans to protect the planet.

The dragon aspects are very similar to the "Endless" in the Sandman comics. There we have Destiny, Death, Dream, Destruction, Desire, Despair and Delirium. They are referred to as siblings, but after the death of one (which is rare) another one will take his or her place, thus they become endless.
    While they could interfere with mortal affairs directly (such as Alex does in the infected crusader's Questline) they usually mind their own businesses, which already implies interfering in mortal affairs to some extent (of course a dreaming person is connected to Dream's Realm and his rules, and a dying person will meet Death in her Realm). That being said, the endless (and I think the aspects in WoW just the same) are beyond gods. They need to be there and their presence alone helps the world not to plunge into complete chaos. That is why Alex begins to interfere when the Legion (as a force from beyond Azeroth) begins to interfere, as it violates her responsibilities as a preserver of life. Preserving here does not imply she needs to stop mortals from dying, death is a natural part of existence and therefore she might counteract death in certain situations but it is not her job to grant immortality. as long as there is at least some life left, she has enough to preserve.

Ysera's power is a lot more abstract, but I think especially she is modeled after Dream of the Endless (obviously). The Dream is a basic foundation of Azeroth and serves as a recreational parallel world. Thus the non light-worshipping healer classes are linked to it and to nature. I don't think she really rules over nature like a queen would. It is more like she rules over the source of nature and nature directly draws the power to grow and live from her realm and thus from her being. Animals are much rather Alex' domain I guess, but that's just my interpretation of what this "dream" really is.
    Last edited by Phera; 2010-11-03 at 02:02 PM.

Alexstraza's job is to watch over the mortal races and has power over life and death
    Ysera's job is to watch over the natural world and has power over that
    So the basic difference Alexstraza is Fauna, Ysera is Flora. But there is some wiggle room there too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SyrahGrunt View Post
    Alex controls all life, including "civilized" beings. She gives birth and can take life back if necessary. On another hand, she's not to interfere with the mortal races' matters on a daily basis. She didn't do much in Northrend because she had other priorities such as stopping Malygos and dealing with the problems under the Wyrmrest Temple..
    Ysera controls wild life and the Dream, as stated before, a "pure" version of Azeroth, where non-wild species didn't interfere with the "matrix of the World". She's kind of the "druid" of the 5 aspects, and that's why she allowed NElves to explore the Dream sinces druids shared her perception of nature and life.

Feel free to correct me if i'm mistaking
    Yeah coming back to this post :P. So a Druid is able to resurrect like as many dead people as he wants as long as they have mana, yet a great big old dragon who sits atop a tower all day doing nothing is not able to resurrect or save at least 1 innocent soul?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Yeah coming back to this post :P. So a Druid is able to resurrect like as many dead people as he wants as long as they have mana, yet a great big old dragon who sits atop a tower all day doing nothing is not able to resurrect or save at least 1 innocent soul?
    It has something to do with "restrictions" and some rules that they obey. I think ressurecting every single person(even manually) died from the scourge would cause some kind of unbalance

Same way as Nozdormu know the exact place and time of His, Alex, DW, and Ysera's death. No can tell.

Deleted
    Dragon Aspects are far more powerful than players, the "druid able to resurrect as long as he has mana" is just possible because of gameplay reasons. Lorewise, the Dragon Aspects, and Alex in particular, are a million times more powerful than us. As a reminder, we didn't put Malygos to rest, Alex did, we barely managed to weaken him/keep him busy while Alex was on her way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SyrahGrunt View Post
    Dragon Aspects are far more powerful than players, the "druid able to resurrect as long as he has mana" is just possible because of gameplay reasons. Lorewise, the Dragon Aspects, and Alex in particular, are a million times more powerful than us. As a reminder, we didn't put Malygos to rest, Alex did, we barely managed to weaken him/keep him busy while Alex was on her way.
    Really? I swear that the 3rd phase actually killed him, then Alex appeared. Not to mention we had the Reds to ride on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? I swear that the 3rd phase actually killed him, then Alex appeared. Not to mention we had the Reds to ride on.
    That's all game mechanics. Things are supposed to look like it happened that way to simply stuff, just like you're supposed to "see" towns and villages as if they were a lot bigger. :P

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In that case, why doesn't she bring back all of the innocent beings who perished due to the Scourges reign, or the Cataclysm? Or is she not allowed to intefere with fate?

That is basically a copy and paste of wowwiki, and I trust wowwiki more, because of it being the source that has helped me with most of my lore/game based info. wowpedia is new, a copy of wowwiki, and is not worth its spot in the interweb.
    You do realize that basically all of the moderators and admins that made wowwiki LEFT to make wowpedia, right? Frankly I'm less than enthused with the new sub-wiki layouts, so good for wowpedia.

As for the Aspects, I've read somewhat conflicting information. Some pages lead me to infer they were created from scratch by the Titans and infused with their power, and other pages have led me to believe they were chosen to be the aspects because they were the leaders of their respective flights.

Edit: Heh, Life-Bending. That could have made Avatar more interesting. (Not the stupid blue people movie)
    Last edited by RaoBurning; 2010-11-03 at 03:21 PM. Reason: The Lulz
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beckers View Post
    Maybe he missed it? arn't forums a place to talk and not "shush"? you kinda missed the point here.

And yea, usualy any lore question can be answered in the WoW-Pedias :P
    How can you miss something thats on a wiki page? :c

Read the books by Richard Knaak, or read the last WoW magazine that was released, which includes everything on the 5 Aspects.

It's easy to get confused, since Blizzard gave us contradicting information with little to no explanation.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...hapter1.html#4
    According to the above link and the books Day of the Dragon and War of the Ancients Trilogy by Richard Knaak, when the Titans shaped the world there already existed numerous dragonflights. They chose the 5 dominant ones and empowered the leader of each to be an Aspect. Alexstrasza and Ysera, in contrast to the other Aspects, were inexplicitely said to be sisters in blood. How is never explained, but hey, it's their lore, I guess we can take their word for it. The rest of the Aspects as a whole called each other brother and sister because of the similar position they were in.

Now, with Wrath, we were just told that "the Titans created the Aspects from Galakkrond" and were given no farther information about:
    -What does that even mean? Did they create the Aspects literally or not?
    -If it's literal, since it's obviously contradicting previous lore, what parts of it were retconed?

So yes, with the info we have right now we can't really draw a definite conclusion. Personally I'd like to think that the old version still stands and that the Titans figuratively "created" the Aspects by granting the powers to the already existing dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    They were spawned from Galakkrond (maybe not directly, like he could be the great,great grandpappy), who was the first drake. When the Titans came to Azeroth, they chose the 5 dragons to be the Aspects. It's not that difficult. Galakkrond is tossed in there just to show who the original dragon was and where all dragons came from.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.