Thread: Wait, what?

Deleted

Wait, what?

A few weeks ago, maybe a month or something. Blizzard upped Feral skills' contribution from weapon damage by a LOT. They made scary numbers like 850% on Ravage (which I made a thread about too back then).

As you know, kittehs were seriously OP this patch and they were probably the only class that could kill a Holy Paladin 1v1. Holy Paladins were also extremely buffed and had insane survability.

Anyway. Blizzard seems to be returning all the numbers back to the original ones. Maybe not all. But see:

Druid (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Feral

* Mangle (Cat Form) now deals 184% normal damage, down from 360%.
    * Mangle (Bear Form) now deals 95% normal damage, down from 230%.
    * Bear Form now increases Stamina by 10%, down from 25%.
    * Survival Instincts now reduces damage taken by 50%, down from 60%. Cooldown changed to 3 min, down from 5 min.
    * Shred now deals 267% damage, down from 350%. Additional damage reduced by 25%, from 1156 to 882.
    * Savage Defense now reduces damage from the next physical attack that strikes you by 35% of your attack power, down from 65%.
    * Swipe now deals 232% weapon damage, down from 335%.
    * Ravage (Cat Form) now deals 505% damage, down from 850%. Additional damage reduced by 40%, from 2809 to 1669.
    * Ravage! (Stampede) now deals 505% damage, down from 850%. Additional damage reduced by 8%, from 1817 to 1669.
    * Claw now deals 77% of normal damage, down from 155%.
    So they made fluffies OP and now they are nearly getting them back at their previous state, which, I guess, was weak, hence the need to actually up the numbers in the first place.

What do you guys think?

The Bleeds are the unbalanced part; 11k Bleed ticks on Beta.
    And they didnt change them at all, so.

If you go down the list every DPS class base dmg/dps was decreased. I won't say 'nerfed' as it's just a trimming. I'm sure numbers will still change 2-3 times before Cata hits.

But yea, this will hurt PVP a bit more than PVE. I really only mangle 2-3x per fight, maybe ravage once per fight. Shred much more likely a dps hit. But our bread and butter rip/rake stayed unchanged.

Blue post on this subject:
    We do care about and actively balance at lower levels. Our goal is to make the game as fun and balanced at possible at all levels, however, greater scrutiny from a design standpoint, as well as by the whole community, is placed on the end game. From a perspective of a systems designer, the end game as of patch 4.0.1 is now level 85.

That said, we will be making several balancing changes in patch 4.0.3a based on what we've been seeing since patch 4.0.1. With regard to lower level players, we plan to adjust damage and healing for all classes from levels 1-79. The base points of almost all spells and abilities are being reduced in order to bring combat times at low levels to a more acceptable length. Some specific spells/abilities are being reduced in damage even more, and in the case of most abilities that deal weapon damage, we're going to make the damage percent scale with level. So as an example, Sinister Strike is currently planned to do 42% weapon damage at level 1, with the percentage of weapon damage rising per level up to its maximum potential at 80.
    These are level 1 values we're seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    These are level 1 values we're seeing.

And it should have been fairly obvious that the following nerf would be ludicrous at levels 80-85:

* Mangle (Bear Form) now deals 95% normal damage, down from 230%
    Dual Wielding: Equipping one weapon in each hand. Utilized by enhancement shamans, warriors, rogues, DK's, hunters.
    Duel Wielding: Equipping a rabid feral gnome in each hand and watching them inevitably tear each other into little gnome bits. Utilized by bored tauren warriors and also frequently by forum posters who can't spell "Dual Wielding."

Yea, nothing to worry about in the end. This will only affect lvl 1-79 gameplay.

I belive you are correct. Cause the front page has the same Weapon damage listed for Sinister Strike as the Blue post from Ghostcrawler.

I was very alarmed at first, maybe some mention of this on the front page would help soothe some members.

Edit: Just refreshed and saw that this was explained on the front page.
    Last edited by Thjasse; 2010-11-03 at 09:52 PM.

I read this the wrong way too and hoped it was linked to the blue posting about low levels...the way the quotes are arranged on the front page is pretty misleading.

Tbh if it affects only 1-79 why even bother about it O.Oa

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andaja View Post
    Tbh if it affects only 1-79 why even bother about it O.Oa
    Because not everybody can be super leetsar Level 80 with purple gear. Gawd

You make my Level 11 Gnome Warrior main's rage bar 100. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdrood View Post
    Yea, nothing to worry about in the end. This will only affect lvl 1-79 gameplay.
    That's not true, in the blue post they said "some" are not changed at 80.

15+ Year Old Account
    Closing; please see the front page for the new, updated, actual values.