Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

This can't be true

Please tell me I am under Drugs and that this isn't true !
    this mutilate nerf just killed rogue assasination pvp

Good Job Blizzard ! A Nerf is what we needed right now

Rogue (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Assassination

* Ambush now deals 90% weapon damage, down from 190%. Deals 130% weapon damage if a dagger is equipped, down from 275%.
    * Venomous Wounds damage increased by 66%, from 403 to 675.
    * Mutilate now deals 63% weapon damage, down from 150%.

Combat

* Backstab now deals 111% weapon damage, down from 200%.
    * Sinister Strike now deals 42% weapon damage, down from 100%.
    * Bandit's Guile now increases damage to the target by up to 30%. (Up from 15%)
    * Revealing Strike now deals 81% weapon damage, down from 125%.
    * Aggression now increases damage of Sinister Strike, Backstab, and Eviscerate by 7/14/20%, up from 5/10/15%.

Subtlety

* Redirect now also redirects any insight gained from Bandit's Guile.
    * Hemorrhage now deals 69% weapon damage, down from 110%. Deals 100% weapon damage if a dagger is equipped, down from 160%.
    * Mastery: Executioner now increases damage done by all your finishing moves, and the effectiveness of your Slice and Dice and Recuperate abilities, by 16%, down from 20%.

Glyph

* Slice and Dice now increases the duration of Slice and Dice by 6 sec, up from 3 sec.
    2v2 - Fire is OP as Hell- 2133 Rating
    Lamurt ( Resto Shammy)
    Ryan ( Fire Mage)

You got Uber-Nerfed. Sorry Bud.

On The Bright side, This now makes paladins Viable. D

Don't get butthurt, they nerfed nearly across the board, not just rogue.

I am pretty sure every class in the game just got nerfed, and now they are going to build it back up again. We call this a balance pass. Remember, its beta, this is most definitely not final.

We've got f'ed in the a, bro. We're screwed until Cataclysm level balance.

The Mutilate Nerf seems excessive ! I am lokkinf forward to see how I am gonna be able to kill a Wrath healer !
    2v2 - Fire is OP as Hell- 2133 Rating
    Lamurt ( Resto Shammy)
    Ryan ( Fire Mage)

Deleted
    Every class that does Melee damage (incl. Hunters) got some major nerfs and rightly so. Damage was too high across the board and needed to come down. While the lack of nerfs in some cases might be a little disheartening it's certainly the right thing for this game now.

didnt blizz say like 1 week ago that they acknowledged that rogue damage is too low compared to everyone else? so they make it lower?
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

youre not alone, i also wonder why everything has been downgraded substantially myself.

holy shit. are you kidding me.

Did you notice Mages didn't get alot of damage nerf's. Already a frost mage is so freaking hard to kill already.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Every class that does Melee damage (incl. Hunters) got some major nerfs and rightly so. Damage was too high across the board and needed to come down. While the lack of nerfs in some cases might be a little disheartening it's certainly the right thing for this game now.
    Well hunters and rogues were pitiful and this would make it worse. It's the casters that are higher then everyone else, and ONLY ONE WAS NERFED warlocks.

I have seen people say that is may be just low levels getting nerfed though, and we scale back up.

Blue post:
    We do care about and actively balance at lower levels. Our goal is to make the game as fun and balanced at possible at all levels, however, greater scrutiny from a design standpoint, as well as by the whole community, is placed on the end game. From a perspective of a systems designer, the end game as of patch 4.0.1 is now level 85.

That said, we will be making several balancing changes in patch 4.0.3a based on what we've been seeing since patch 4.0.1. With regard to lower level players, we plan to adjust damage and healing for all classes from levels 1-79. The base points of almost all spells and abilities are being reduced in order to bring combat times at low levels to a more acceptable length. Some specific spells/abilities are being reduced in damage even more, and in the case of most abilities that deal weapon damage, we're going to make the damage percent scale with level. So as an example, Sinister Strike is currently planned to do 42% weapon damage at level 1, with the percentage of weapon damage rising per level up to its maximum potential at 80.

Deleted
    Pretty WTF'd here as well.

I thought spellcasters' damage was high and all I saw is BASE damage reduction for them while melee lost solid %weapon dmg on skills. wierd stuff man... wierd.

EDIT: After reading the post above this, and i "uff"ed, reading the "we're going to make the damage percent scale with level" part. Nice

That way, low level imbalance will be adressed while max level will pretty much remain the same
    Last edited by mmoc2aad59a6a5; 2010-11-03 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralamus View Post
    didnt blizz say like 1 week ago that they acknowledged that rogue damage is too low compared to everyone else? so they make it lower?
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    Pretty WTF'd here as well.

I thought spellcasters' damage was high and all I saw is BASE damage reduction for them while melee lost solid %weapon dmg on skills. wierd stuff man... wierd
    Thats because at level 85 the white melee damage is really unbalanced in the beta

10+ Year Old Account
    'Cataclysm Beta - Build 13241 (Codename Unicorn)'

It's a beta build. Nothing is implemented on live. The changes here are in other words for 85.
    Nothing to worry or cry about.

Sometimes I worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Gophrr View Post
    She can write a book about Druids! And call it... *sunglasses* ...'Eclipse'.
    YEEEAAAHHH

Quote Originally Posted by EreWH View Post
    'Cataclysm Beta - Build 13241 (Codename Unicorn)'

It's a beta build. Nothing is implemented on live. The changes here are in other words for 85.
    Nothing to worry or cry about.
    Uhh nerfs across the board for rogues who are already weak is nothing to worry about? I REALLY REALLY HOPE this is just a nerf from 1-79

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaellen View Post
    I am pretty sure every class in the game just got nerfed, and now they are going to build it back up again. We call this a balance pass. Remember, its beta, this is most definitely not final.
    This. Essentially they're just trying to bring balance to current content. Though I'm kinda laughing 'cause me spec (balance) was like the only one not to get hit with the nerf stick. The point is, they're doing stuff right now that will scale better when Cataclysm hits.

If they wanted to nerf lvling damage,why couldnt they just nerf heirloom stats? If the player is new to wow then it wont concern him and he/she will have a nice time lvling up,for others with full heirloom sets this would only get their damage a bit more balanced...