Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

[Unholy] Blightcaller

Unholy

* Mastery: Blightcaller now increases damage done by your diseases by 40%, up from 32%. Each point of Mastery increases disease damage by an additional 5%, up from 4%.

^ On the front page of MMO-Champion. I know most people haven't done the numbers yet, but does anyone think that mastery will move up at all in unholy stat weights?

15+ Year Old Account
    Doubt it.

Consider'll comment on it I'm sure, but I think what he's said is that our Mastery would need to double to become good. 1% isn't going to do it afaik.

10+ Year Old Account
    This has been posted before, not to long ago in fact
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Deleted
    Do remember at 85 we'll get mastery on gear which could affect the stat weights. Though as Consider said (if i recall) that this still wont make in the prefered stat, but with this change it could become better then it is atmo.

Deleted
    Its almost like having 4P T9 back again, 40% increased Disease Damage, add in another say 20-30% if not a lot more from Mastery bringing it to say 70-80%, then a bit more from un-avoidable Enchants and we end up with 90ish pre-raid. Get into raids, easy 100%.

4P T9, and ofc OP AoE for Unholy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcotraz View Post
    Its almost like having 4P T9 back again, 40% increased Disease Damage, add in another say 20-30% if not a lot more from Mastery bringing it to say 70-80%, then a bit more from un-avoidable Enchants and we end up with 90ish pre-raid. Get into raids, easy 100%.

4P T9, and ofc OP AoE for Unholy.
    No, mastery scales a lot worse at lvl85 than it does now at 80, you would need a serious gazillion mastery on your gear for what you're now implying...
    And even then, the mastery is useless...
    Disease still don't scale from haste which is the primary stat for an unholy dk (besides str ofc). I don't know why, cuz dots from other classes scale from their haste too ... But till the diseases from dk's scale with haste, the mastery is useless...

Deleted
    At 85, pre-made with full blue 333 I reforged all Avoidance ended up with a 103% Absorb Shield. On Live with all 264-277 I have 110% Absorb.

Its possible.

I doubt it'll ever be desirable over haste/crit.
    If they buff it enough to be good on single target, it'll make our aoe ridiculous.
    Last edited by Wingwraith; 2010-11-03 at 11:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingwraith View Post
    If they buff it enough to be good on single target, it'll make our aoe ridiculous.
    It will never be better then haste atleast since rune regen is - well - you know what I mean, but it wouldnt surprise me that mastery would be higher then it is now when we get mastery on gear

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingwraith View Post
    Exactly this. The problem is we have an AOE mastery. It's very similar to the Fire Mage mastery in that it gets even better in aoe, but diseases aren't important enough for the damage they do.

I really wish they buffed diseases to scale with haste. That was one of the things I was most looking forward to. If they did buff mastery enough to be good enough to take willingly on gear, they could always cause mastery to not affect diseases spread by Pestilence.
    goes great with 7-Up!

Deleted
    Diseases affected by Haste would just make Haste even stronger, it wouldn't necessarily make Mastery friendlier however.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I know, I just want them to scale with haste.
    goes great with 7-Up!

Would be really simple if they Just made it so Haste: Stat didn't effect Rune Regen. We have enough talented crap to improve Rune Regen as it is (Runic Corruption, Runic Empowerment, Imp. Blood Presence).
    Then Blight Caller Mastery would a dependable source for damage, because it would give you the most damage out of your Disease applying Runes + Festering Strike added time.
    - OR -
    Change the Mastery all together and Either: Increases all frost/Shadow damage done by 10%. Each point of Mastery increases frost damage by an additional 2%.

- Optional -
    + Increases all Pet damage done by 5% - 10%. Each point of Mastery increases Pet damage by an additional 1.5 - 2%.

Basically Nerf DK's into using Said Mastery as Unholy, or Change the Mastery all together.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't really that bad if we don't want mastery, not all classes do. It would be great if they changed it into something interesting, but isn't that big a deal.

Pet damage would be a bad change though. More damage needs to come from the player, not the pet. This is one of the reasons dps cooldowns like Garg and GotAK are annoying.
    goes great with 7-Up!

Deleted
    It really puzzles me that Blizzard would seem to not know what it is doing with Unholy's mastery. By making this buff to mastery it indicates that they know it was an unfavourable stat, and they seem to think that this will fix it. They have access to all the numbers, so one might ask, "What are we missing?"

Perhaps they are happy that UH's Mastery is for AoE only? If there is an Anub'arak encounter, you can be certain that guilds will stack UH's for this very reason. Will UH be sub-par if they stack haste and ignore their mastery stat? That is the question. If UH becomes non-viable dps, except for fights heavy with AoE then Blizz will probably fix it.

I'm not ready to give up on them, since I've always been viable/OP throughout all of WotLK.

Deleted
    you're not alone in not liking mastery.

retribution paladins also don't like mastery much, since it sometimes is a DPS loss compared to what we could have used.

EJ has said Mastery won't be any good until lvl 85 and having a piss ton of it.. right now, crit is MUCH better

Quote Originally Posted by Zannthos View Post
    EJ has said Mastery won't be any good until lvl 85 and having a piss ton of it.. right now, crit is MUCH better
    Haste is better than crit.

Anyway, it would be really stupid if every spec for every class was reforging, gemming, and enchanting for Mastery.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagrams View Post
    It isn't really that bad if we don't want mastery, not all classes do. It would be great if they changed it into something interesting, but isn't that big a deal.

Pet damage would be a bad change though. More damage needs to come from the player, not the pet. This is one of the reasons dps cooldowns like Garg and GotAK are annoying.
    Blizzard wants Trees to use Mastery though. If your Tree avoids using Mastery, Blizzard considers that "Fail Design" and tries to make it better.

They don't want us to Reforge, Gem, and Enchant Mastery, no. They just want it to be secondary if not equal to Strength/Agility/Spirit. Look at Blood: We Reforge Avoidance to Mastery along with excess Hit and Expertise. We have 1 excellent Green Stat (Mastery) and then 1 excellent white Stat (Stamina) and then ofc like everyone we have Hit and Expertise, and ofc like all Plate users, Strength.

That's what Blizzard wants to do.

---------- Post added 2010-11-04 at 04:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xeoshades View Post
    Would be really simple if they Just made it so Haste: Stat didn't effect Rune Regen. We have enough talented crap to improve Rune Regen as it is (Runic Corruption, Runic Empowerment, Imp. Blood Presence).
    Then Blight Caller Mastery would a dependable source for damage, because it would give you the most damage out of your Disease applying Runes + Festering Strike added time.
    - OR -
    Change the Mastery all together and Either: Increases all frost/Shadow damage done by 10%. Each point of Mastery increases frost damage by an additional 2%.

- Optional -
    + Increases all Pet damage done by 5% - 10%. Each point of Mastery increases Pet damage by an additional 1.5 - 2%.

Basically Nerf DK's into using Said Mastery as Unholy, or Change the Mastery all together.
    Haste not affecting Rune Regen would mean we'd need strong number tuning. It wouldn't be a loss for Blood since almost 100% of the time 100% of our Rune Regen Reduction is from Imp. Blood Presence but it would be a huge loss for Frost and Unholy.

Blightcaller would not increase in effectiveness no. DPS don't Gem + Enchant + Reforge Haste.

Frost's Mastery is already Frost Damage. They could make Unholy's Shadow.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcotraz View Post
    Blightcaller would not increase in effectiveness no. DPS don't Gem + Enchant + Reforge Haste.
    UH DK's sure as hell are reforging haste.

And yellow slots with a str bonus get Fierce Ametrines in 'em.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)